Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Another JOKE from Microsoft......23 fecking quid!, fer fecks sake lads!!!!!

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/pdp/productID.282227900
    Richard, you're treading a fine line between trolling and just embarrassing yourself. Would you please just go all out troll and do us all a favour?

Both consoles have poxy drawbacks and delayed features for launch, part and parcel of the competitive nature of two massive companies like MS and Sony getting two new products launched.

Both machines are going to launch with bugs and missing features. The way you're posting these stats though you'd swear that MS are going to launch the console with these bugs and missing features then just move onto something else and never rectify the launch absences.

I'd sooner get a machine that has the bulk of its core functionality in order so as we the community can present feedback and have the usual bugs fixed before the rest of the bells and whistles get thrown into the mix. There's no way in hell either of these machines will have flawless launches, so the less tack thrown on top initially the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Is there anyway of knowing what 'Day 1' stock each store has - or will it be dealt with on a country basis (first 1000 people to book, get one, regardless of where they book). I know I am 17th in line in the store I booked in, but I don't know if they are going to get 10 or 100!

All based on pre orders. If your local store has Fifty pre books by this Friday give or take, it'll get Fifty day one editions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Even though some features have been delayed, at least we're hearing about them. Sony are "its all about games". Yeah, well fair enough, the xbox plays games too, but its also got all this other cool stuff that you probably could have done had you not decided to stop bundling the ps eye in order to keep the cost down.

as for the cost of the headsets, the size of power bricks, the brand of sellotape used to keep the box closed.... nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. Technology has always been expensive for the early adopters, and always will be.

its like crying that you cant play your vhs tapes in your new blu-ray drive.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I don't even know where to begin...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

nothing works out of the box on launch, it could takes months for all the missing features to be added in - its rush....there is no question microsoft expected the ps4 to drop this year.

they expected it to drop holiday 2014.....and now they are scrambking to catchup. they are removing features left right and center because they dont have rime to finish them for launch day.

sony are way ahead in therns of software, i also think the huge box that is the x1 is a result of rushed hardware. sony had time to shrink the system....ms threw together a huge box because they didnt have time to make a small sleek one.

Do you have any proof for what you state here? I'd like to know, because without proof, it comes across as a sad attempt at trolling.

I see two conclusions in that really badly punctuated rant. The first, that Microsoft was caught unawares, and second, that Sony are somehow ahead in "software"

Your first point is unusual, as launch windows are set about a year to 15 months in advance. This gives developers a three month window to aim their game for. So far, from what most websites are saying, Microsoft seem to have the better line up of launch window games.

Your second point I'm not too sure about really, you say Sony is ahead in "software". Do you mean games or operating system? If it's games, then see my point above, the launch window titles on Xbox are said to be better. If it's operating systems, then you're talking about something that we haven't really seen much of from either system.

All in all, I'm disappointed in you Richard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

So, Microsoft have set the clock speed of the final CPU at 1.75 GHz (up from 1.6GHz). A small speed bump, to be sure, but it's certainly welcome.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/03/xbox-one-production-cpu-boost/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I hear the texture of the plastic panel on the underneath of the Xbox One doesn't feel great. Another minus point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Grayditch wrote: »
    I hear the texture of the plastic panel on the underneath of the Xbox One doesn't feel great. Another minus point.

Ah Jaysus. Preorder cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

It suck ms only put FIFA 14 in day 1 Xbox 1 it screw people who can only get standard Xbox one and abit 1 side kinda remind me of Xbox 360 having 2 SKU.The one with a hard drive and one that doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

rob808 wrote: »
    It suck ms only put FIFA 14 in day 1 Xbox 1 it screw people who can only get standard Xbox one and abit 1 side kinda remind me of Xbox 360 having 2 SKU.The one with a hard drive and one that doesn't.

You can still get Day 1 from Microsoft and from Smyths IIRC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

miralize wrote: »
    You can still get Day 1 from Microsoft and from Smyths IIRC

Gamestop online have a few left according to their Facebook Page yesterday.

rob808 wrote: »

Day One editions are still available.

It's in no way similar to the hard drive situation on the Xbox 360. One is a free digital game, removal of which is a bit disappointing, the other is a hard drive, removal of which basically gimps the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I think I'd rather have a big box with a long life than a small sleek one with over heating issues.

Lol, what is this based off? The fact that the PS3 had huge overheating issues...oh wait.

Ah, console "wars" are the best.

Benzino wrote: »
    Lol, what is this based off? The fact that the PS3 had huge overheating issues...oh wait.

He's probably referring to the Xbox 360 actually. But then I don't really want to put words in some ones mouth, or even assume anything about what they would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

Benzino wrote: »

The Xbox 360 launch model was poorly design which cause the Rod problem I hope MS learn from it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yeah, the unrevised 360 was a huge mistake...but Sony fucked up so bad with the initial ps3 launch that it actually didn't matter. Sony learnt their lesson of not taking their consumer base for granted but then MS made that exact mistake with the X1 and are now working to rectify it, should the X1 suffer from any kind of fatal hardware issue I cant see the gaming community being quite so willing to put up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Major nelson just tweeted that the xbox one is now in the manufacturing stage, yusef medhi said that a release date will be nnounced shortly. I'm guessing that they want to keep an eye on the rate of manufacturing / distribution to try and announce the earliest date possible.

Game are saying the release date will be announced today.

EDIT: Well, the twitter of GAME Boxpark, the Xbox store in Shoreditch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

CatInABox wrote: »
    Game are saying the release date will be announced today.

EDIT: Well, the twitter of GAME Boxpark, the Xbox store in Shoreditch.

As have Gamestop.

Excitement she wrote.

Still can't see myself picking one up on launch date, but the console is shaping up nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

They left the release date announcement late enough, so good to see that we will finally find out. Give me a chance to book time off work :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Xbox One release date to be announced at 2pm

confirmed by Xbox Magazine...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Something tells me that Microsoft are going to announce this to be released earlier than the PS4. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see!

If its just gone into production it may well have an earlier release date in the US, but don't expect much stock to hit Europe before the ps4 drops

What I was simply saying was the smaller the console the greater the risk of over heating.

Only if it's not built properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Xbox One release date to be announced at 2pm

confirmed by Xbox Magazine...

Can't wait to read people complain about the date ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

GTR63 wrote: »
    Can't wait to read people complain about the date ;)
    "Aw man ... They probably won't have the release date ready until after launch", etc.

That type of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

hope its a friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

How will people here feel if it gets delayed in Europe, they really need to get this right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement