Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

198321 wrote: »
    Forza looks interesting, I preordered PS4 and most likely will get PS4 but also preordered Xbox one (day one) on amazon with Forza.

I know it was discussed here many times PS4 vs xbox one, I still think PS4 is better, but Kinect seems interesting + free game ..

Well I have ordered both from Amazon (day one) and in coming months I have to cancel one of them. First I was 100% sure I want PS4 but now I am not so sure ..

I have done the same, preordered both consoles with Gamestop as I was worried about Xbox One.

I am less worried about Xbox One now but need to make a decision on which preorder to cancel.. Unfortunately I can't afford both!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

mark_m360 wrote: »
    GameStop are still take pre-orders online for day 1 delivery

Thanks, my friend asked in there today and he was told he'd have to wait for the 2nd batch and wouldnt get it on release

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

canceled my order of the Xbox one in Xtra vision for the day one edition in game-stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Only a bit of banter, i reckon when the dust settles at the end of november we'll all realise that they're probably both essentially the same thing. just delighted to finally have a release date nailed down. be nice to have a few more bundles announced too though, Id gladly take Forza over FIFA any day.
    Exactly, it will all come to down to which console you prefer at the end of day. Leaving Kinect aside, the difference between both consoles is negligible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

mark_m360 wrote: »
    GameStop are still take pre-orders online for day 1 delivery
    Zico-PES wrote: »
    Thanks, my friend asked in there today and he was told he'd have to wait for the 2nd batch and wouldnt get it on release

He said online.
    Console is not available instore for day 1.
    Two different things.
    Try online.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

F1ngers wrote: »
    He said online.
    Console is not available instore for day 1.
    Two different things.
    Try online.

Well according to Gamestop irelands twitter account they are still taking pre orders in the shop as well.

I pre-ordered a day one edition in gamestop today, you would want to be quick to get one tho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's not exactly hard to predict an all digital future.

Is there a Sony equivalent to Major Nelson? A guy that gets random news about the PS4 out?

I see that Australians will also get FIFA in their day one editions, nice to see Microsoft pay attention to the southern hemisphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

CatInABox wrote: »
    Is there a Sony equivalent to Major Nelson? A guy that gets random news about the PS4 out?

Not quite the same but Shuhei Yoshida (@yosp on Twitter) normally answers fans questions and confirms new details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Otacon wrote: »
    Not quite the same but Shuhei Yoshida (@yosp on Twitter) normally answers fans questions and confirms new details.

Much easier to take to, too :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Well, Microsoft finally found someone relatively human to put in front of an interviewer and answer question. Ars Technica have a lovely article here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

CatInABox wrote: »
    Well, Microsoft finally found someone relatively human to put in front of an interviewer and answer question. Ars Technica have a lovely article here

Yeah. I watched that earlier on, was really impressed with that guy. Microsoft should use him to do more interviews/PR stuff, could be as popular as Mark Cerny for Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

Nolars wrote: »
    canceled my order of the Xbox one in Xtra vision for the day one edition in game-stop.
    i wish I could but I paid it off fully so stuck with standard xb1 in xtravision .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Are people sure the Day one is not available in Xtravision, and it's not just a matter of them not knowing what they're getting.

rob808 wrote: »
    i wish I could but I paid it off fully so stuck with standard xb1 in xtravision .

they give ya a refund!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Varik wrote: »
    Are people sure the Day one is not available in Xtravision, and it's not just a matter of them not knowing what they're getting.

yea I rang them before I went to gamestop yesterday and double checked and they said no so I went to gamestop and pre-ordered it and went back to Xtra vision and canceled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Nolars wrote: »
    yea I rang them before I went to gamestop yesterday and double checked and they said no so I went to gamestop and pre-ordered it and went back to Xtra vision and canceled it.

I'd say it's ignorance on Xtravisions part and that they are getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Any1 order with Amazon get any email yet with estimated delivery date order 12th June so hopefully of getting 1 sent on release but bit worried didn't hear anything yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

nocoverart wrote: »
    Yeah. I watched that earlier on, was really impressed with that guy. Microsoft should use him to do more interviews/PR stuff, could be as popular as Mark Cerny for Sony.

He's been on Major Nelson's podcast a few times (and has been on the Xbox team since before the original one). Sound bloke - glad to see Microsoft actually taking control of their press coverage for the console (and even admitting that the messaging was a disaster from launch / E3)

Anyone beats this guy.

Kudo-Tsunoda.jpg

Yeah, Sony were talking about this at Gamescon. Handy for some games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Is it true that the xbox 360 can be looped through the xbox one through the HDMI-in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CMpunked wrote: »
    Is it true that the xbox 360 can be looped through the xbox one through the HDMI-in?

Yup, major nelson confirmed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

CMpunked wrote: »

Yes, even the PS4. But you'll have to change controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Yup, major nelson confirmed this.

Have you a link? I heard it in passing today but cant work out the ins and outs.
    What would be the benefit of it, like, would you use the xb1 controller to play xb360 games?

You can even put another Xbox One through it. Twice the power...

598.gif

Grayditch wrote: »
    You can even put another Xbox One through it. Twice the power...

598.gif

you thought of that all by urself did yea..

• Advertisement

It's just basic math.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement