Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Just wondering what the benefits of this would be?

Not having to change wires to play the 360.

But if you have a tv bought in the last few years you likely have around 3 HDMI ports, or you can spend 5$ on a HDMI splitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Not having to change wires to play the 360.

But if you have a tv bought in the last few years you likely have around 3 HDMI ports, or you can spend 5$ on a HDMI splitter.

Does it mean I can use the xbox1 controller for 360 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CMpunked wrote: »
    Have you a link? I heard it in passing today but cant work out the ins and outs.
    What would be the benefit of it, like, would you use the xb1 controller to play xb360 games?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-17-you-can-plug-an-xbox-360-into-the-xbox-one-says-major-nelson

There ya go.

Does it mean I can use the xbox1 controller for 360 games?

No, you'll have to change to the 360 controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Just wondering what the benefits of this would be?

Have your 360 running and through voice control swap seamlessly between One and 360? I don't think there's much real benefit but to me I'd be happy out. Just knowing that everything is all linked, by cable and cloud, deadly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Ordered off amazon and still had no date for delivery but changed address to parcel motel cause it works out cheaper and parcel motel told me I shud hav it for the saturday morning in my box in limerick.just when I changed the address it came up as delivery on 22th November can't understand why they would give me a date now and not before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

niallon wrote: »
    Have your 360 running and through voice control swap seamlessly between One and 360? I don't think there's much real benefit but to me I'd be happy out. Just knowing that everything is all linked, by cable and cloud, deadly!

I think he pretty much said that it's just HDMI pass through. You're displaying the 360 output through the One - there's no system link between the console, and HDMI can't carry that sort of info. It might power it up for you, that'd be about it.

Only real benefit is that you don't need to change the TV input across to another one to see the 360.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Is it true that the xbox 360 can be looped through the xbox one through the HDMI-in?

Awesome!

twice the power usage
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Swarley9

Anyone here going to be picking up BF4 with their console at launch? :confused: It's currently the only game that is on my mind so far.

I think he pretty much said that it's just HDMI pass through. You're displaying the 360 output through the One - there's no system link between the console, and HDMI can't carry that sort of info. It might power it up for you, that'd be about it.

Only real benefit is that you don't need to change the TV input across to another one to see the 360.

They surely have a default voice prompt to switch between inputs though? Or will at some stage? Ie "Xbox HDMI' or something. Don't get me wrong this isn't important to me, just seems obvious!

• Advertisement

They surely have a default voice prompt to switch between inputs though? Or will at some stage? Ie "Xbox HDMI' or something. Don't get me wrong this isn't important to me, just seems obvious!

How would it know that it's the Xbox 360 plugged in though? I'd imagine to change to the 360 you'd have to use the normal TV voice commands as if a normal cable box was plugged in.

How would it know that it's the Xbox plugged in? I'd imagine to change to the Xbox you'd have to use the normal TV voice commands as if a normal cable box was plugged in.
    That's what I mean, a default prompt to switch to whatever is plugged into the HDMI port on the One. Not necessarily that the One knows what's connected.

Again, highly irrelevant but gimmicky enough for me to find interesting!

I haven't looked into it too much (since my 360 doesn't even have HDMI, it's not important for me :)).

I haven't looked into it too much (since my 360 doesn't even have HDMI, it's not important for me :)).

Oh dear... I hope you've got Deep Heat stockpiled for the agony you're gonna suffer from still switching channels with the remote like a peasant! :-P

I'd be happy to bury the "360 connected to the One HDMI port" musing at this stage, the more I think about it the stupider it seems!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Oh dear... I hope you've got Deep Heat stockpiled for the agony you're gonna suffer from still switching channels with the remote like a peasant! :-P

Classic.

The Xbox One has IR settings for common devices, so I'd assume that you'd tell your Xbox One that you have a 360 attached, it loads the IR commands and voice controls at the same time.

That's what I'd assume from what I read, but I'm still not sure why you'd do it.

Haha, Quality :)

Actually, the thing I am looking forward to is the Xbox One being a dev kit. I want to program a game that will give me just two Gamerscore (I'm sick of having one that doesn't end with '5' or '0') :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Actually, the thing I am looking forward to is the Xbox One being a dev kit. I want to program a game that will give me just two Gamerscore (I'm sick of having one that doesn't end with '5' or '0') :)

Just play the orange box.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/half-life-2-the-orange-box/achievements/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

My gamerscore is 35033. I have had odd numbers for years, I forget which game or games caused it.

My gamerscore is 35033. I have had odd numbers for years, I forget which game or games caused it.

Did you play Forza 2 by any chance? I remember that being one of the first games to include odd numbered achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Swarley9 wrote: »
    Did you play Forza 2 by any chance? I remember that being one of the first games to include odd numbered achievements.

I looked it up the game was Crash of the Titans.

card.png

• Advertisement

I looked it up the game was Crash of the Titans.

I see ah! Yeah as said though, just play the orange box and you'll be fine! :)

On topic : Anyone know if the Xbox ONE kinect voice commands will be fully functional in Ireland at launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Swarley9 wrote: »
    I see ah! Yeah as said though, just play the orange box and you'll be fine! :)

On topic : Anyone know if the Xbox ONE kinect voice commands will be fully functional in Ireland at launch?

I heard they aren't. Probably be a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Why is that, though? It seems that they just don't care about anyone outside of the big markets.

Why is that, though? It seems that they just don't care about anyone outside of the big markets.

I would assume they have to do the voices for each country, and the bogger Irish accent may take some time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Nolars wrote: »
    I would assume they have to do the voices for each country, and the bogger Irish accent may take some time.

Which one of the many Irish accents is bogger again? :p

Which one of the many Irish accents is bogger again? :p

Galway :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Which one of the many Irish accents is bogger again?

I thought Galway was muck-savage, and Mayo was bogger? Ah ffs, how are Microsoft going to keep track if I can't :P

The main delay in getting the voice controls working is due to the fact that this time around it's greatly expanded. It's meant to be more naturalistic, whatever that means.

Which one of the many Galway accents ;) we're quite the multicultural bunch don't you know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Which one of the many Galway accents ;) we're quite the multicultural bunch of mucksavages don't you know :pac:
    FYP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

They'll have some difficulty with the Cork accent :P

Most cork people have trouble understanding it never mind anyone else !! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement