Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Instead of saying xbox on in Ireland just say "well Bhoy turn on"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

FYP ;)

Still classy Ray ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Still classy Ray ;)

A country lad like myself can mock other counties for being bogger etc due to the fact that I am also bogger ;)

I see what you did there though that was interesting ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Swarley9 wrote: »
    On topic : Anyone know if the Xbox ONE kinect voice commands will be fully functional in Ireland at launch?

It'll support some of them (probably the ones that already work for 360), but 'Xbox On' isn't going to be one of them.

Albert Panello (Senior MS Bloke for Xbox Planning gave details on NeoGAF about this)
    In November
    - We will launch in 13 geos
    - 10 of those geos will support some voice features
    - We support 8 languages

The 8 Languages at Launch are:
    1) English – US
    2) English – GB (WW)
    3) French
    4) Spanish – MX
    5) Spanish – ES
    6) Italian
    7) German
    8) Portuguese

NOW – the nuance to this is that some voice *features* won’t be available in all countries right away. “Xbox On”, for instance, is only available in 5 (hence the confusion on Xbox.com in the small print).

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

It'll support some of them (probably the ones that already work for 360), but 'Xbox On' isn't going to be one of them.

Albert Panello (Senior MS Bloke for Xbox Planning gave details on NeoGAF about this)

Question,

I use a certain site to get us/cad netflix etc. If I were to set my DNS to the UK, would voice control then be active? Or is it assigned to your GT as its an Irish Gt??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

dricko_lim wrote: »
    Question,

I use a certain site to get us/cad netflix etc. If I were to set my DNS to the UK, would voice control then be active? Or is it assigned to your GT as its an Irish Gt??

Id imagine that you can just select your language during setup - most times for computers its a choice of English - UK or English - USA.

the UK has a HUGE variation in accents, from welsh, scottish, Manchester , Liverpool.

if the Kinect can handle all that, it'll surely be able to handle the gentle lilting tones of a buckfast swilling limerick man or the self important high pitched whine of a corkman or the nasal drone of North Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Id imagine that you can just select your language during setup - most times for computers its a choice of English - UK or English - USA.

the UK has a HUGE variation in accents, from welsh, scottish, Manchester , Liverpool.

if the Kinect can handle all that, it'll surely be able to handle the gentle lilting tones of a buckfast swilling limerick man or the self important high pitched whine of a corkman or the nasal drone of North Dublin :D

Norn Irn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Excuse you I dont swill my buckie! haha I more refined than that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Hopefully they can do something similar with the footie in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Finally, some Smartglass information. It's here.

Apparently, from the screenshot, in DR3, Smartglass turns your phone into the in game phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

CatInABox wrote: »
    Finally, some Smartglass information. It's here.

Apparently, from the screenshot, in DR3, Smartglass turns your phone into the in game phone.
    Interesting ... 16 ways to play: SmartGlass support for Xbox One doubles the controller cap. If I don't hear about 16 player local Bomberman at TGS, I'll be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Most cork people have trouble understanding it never mind anyone else !! :D

"nice wan"

I remember one of the ghost recon games on the xbox, it had no issues with voice control " go right" , "open door". The only thing I found was people thought you were mad talking to yourself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

Anyone know where i can pre order the day one edition with fifa ? Gamestop are sold out..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

podgemk wrote: »
    Anyone know where i can pre order the day one edition with fifa ? Gamestop are sold out..

Try Xtra Vision they may have some left, otherwise you're out of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Xenji wrote: »
    Try Xtra Vision they may have some left, otherwise you're out of luck.

I'm not sure, they were saying while ago sold out, than bundle came out (Fifa), than bundle was sold out, than bundle with Forza, than sold out, my bet is another bundle soon .. I mean why did they say it's all sold out, and few weeks later they were taking day one preorders .. they are not sure how much stock they are going to have, but since they canceled release in many countries they might have more stock still to be sold ..

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

I rang extravision and they were sold out aswell. I went on the microsoft website and they have a list of retailers that do pre orders, most of which don't ship to Ireland or were sold out.. Argos,Game,Smyths,Amazon,etc. , but ShopTo.net have different bundles available for forza,dead rising,cod,ryse all with the day one edition and free fifa DL. I just pre ordered the Day One Edition, BF4(with extra dlc), £15 Microsoft Points and FIFA 14 for £489.85 + shipping

PS4 is 50% more powerful....guess that explains these GPU/CPU upclocks!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672097

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

PS4 is 50% more powerful....guess that explains these GPU/CPU upclocks!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672097

That's why I am so surprised that BF4 looks awful on the PS4. Hopefully they get their act together,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

That's why I am so surprised that BF4 looks awful on the PS4. Hopefully they get their act together,
    Yea but remember the ign guy was playing on a high end PC first and then he saw Ps4 version plus Dice probably hadn't the final dev kits Bf 4 gona be medium on next gen consoles and very low on current gen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b29jUoqHu4

I don't know what people see in that UI. It looks boring and uninspired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b29jUoqHu4

I don't know what people see in that UI. It looks boring and uninspired.

Look alright Notting impressive but it a dashboard so to be expected

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Is the x1 controller bigger than the x360 controller? it's hard to tell from that vid but it kinda looks a lil bit bigger doesn't it?

Is the x1 controller bigger than the x360 controller? it's hard to tell from that vid but it kinda looks a lil bit bigger doesn't it?

I couldn't tell, looks about the same if not slightly bigger.
    Surprisingly the PS4 controller looks bigger than both of them.

I couldn't tell, looks about the same if not slightly bigger.
    Surprisingly the PS4 controller looks bigger than both of them.

Yeah, s'pose we'll have to wait and see...not long now :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Very windows phone/windows 8 esk, but we pretty much knew it was going to be like that. The minimise back to dashboard but keep the game running feature will be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭tonedef

Can anyone explain the benefits of the HDMI pass through for your TV set-top box here in Ireland, where we don't have the same integration as they do in the US?

Google has failed to deliver any real insight?

tonedef wrote: »
    Can anyone explain the benefits of the HDMI pass through for your TV set-top box here in Ireland, where we don't have the same integration as they do in the US?

You can quickly change between playing games and watching TV with voice commands, you can have TV on in the side of your screen whilst your playing games or watching something else. Why anybody would want to do that I don't know but the option is there.

The only thing I personally find cool is that you can get notifications whilst watching TV, though seeing as I don't ever watch live tv it wouldn't benefit me.

Tinie wrote: »

Very windows phone/windows 8 esk, but we pretty much knew it was going to be like that. The minimise back to dashboard but keep the game running feature will be handy.

Removed - but copies around: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14fadl_xbox-one-dashboard-leak_videogames

• Advertisement

tonedef wrote: »

it means nothing because the tv part of it wont work in ireland, if it ever does....you can bet upc wont cut a deal, asking too much, and rte and saoirview wont work either because ireland is too small to make a tv guide or invest.

mark my words!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement