Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Jesus Richard, your just a fountain of knowledge. Wikileaks my hole:pac:

my sarcasm detector is offline......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Double Agent Dower.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Grayditch wrote: »
    Double Agent Dower.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

You guys should all leave Richard alone! He's awesome and I love reading his posts. You are all a bunch of jerks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

:confused:

Really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

You guys should all leave Richard alone! He's awesome and I love reading his posts. You are all a bunch of jerks!

Yes, I agree. He probably just needs to get laid! heck, I need to get laid... I'm posting on a thread at 2 AM about a console I'm not even buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

nocoverart wrote: »
    Yes, I agree. He probably just needs to get laid! heck, I need to get laid... I'm posting on a thread at 2 AM about a console I'm not even buying.

Anyone who crosses Richard NOW crosses me! You guys mock Richard, you mock me! You don't want to make me angry! You'd be better off making hulk mad.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Anyone who crosses Richard NOW crosses me! You guys mock Richard, you mock me! You don't want to make me angry! You'd be better off making hulk mad.

Ok, promise we won't bother Díck again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i would say you are more sulk than hulk :pac:

now the 69 at the end of your username thats really original i bet you het laid all the time right?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Did poor Richard get banned, how will we get our news now :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

another xbox one bad point..

the gloss finish "could" obstruct vision if lighting is bright.. just saying ps4s small size means not that much light will reflect...

**** it i am going ps4 that seals it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Xenji wrote: »

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Xenji wrote: »

What did he get banned for? out for a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

He'll get bored with this latest obsession, like all the ones before, and eventually move into the stamp collecting forum and start obsessing there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Hi, could some one please tell me some info about the xbox one, I mean xbox live, wise can I buy used games and play them, and I also heard that I have to keep it connected to live at all times, does this mean I have to keep it powered on ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hi, could some one please tell me some info about the xbox one, I mean xbox live, wise can I buy used games and play them, and I also heard that I have to keep it connected to live at all times, does this mean I have to keep it powered on ??

Have a read through this, it will answer all your questions http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/1296739/xbox-one-release-date-price-drm-controller-specs-news

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Moderator: Right lads, yes it is true that Rixhard is now banned. Lets draw a line under it and get back to discussing XBOne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Moderator: Right lads, yes it is true that Rixhard is now banned. Lets draw a line under it and get back to discussing XBOne.

who is rixhard and why is he banned

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

FutureGuy wrote: »
    who is rixhard and why is he banned

That is one way to draw a line under it...

Anyway, while I won't be getting an XBO, I have made the decision to go all-digital next-gen. Anyone here thinking the same way?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Otacon wrote: »
    I have made the decision to go all-digital next-gen. Anyone here thinking the same way?

Nope, I'll be going whatever way is cheapest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Your best to buy MS points now and convert to them to currency on Live.At least that way you might only be paying €40 euro for games on demand

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MSNBC have an interesting article on fayboyism here.

I'm putting it here not because I want to bring anything back up on this thread, but because I found it interesting. While I try to combat my own beliefs while in a discussion, I'm guilty of some of the things it mentions.

"Choice supportive bias" is definitely something I do, and do massively as well, but I think that I do it just to combat the buyers remorse. About ten years ago, I upgraded my PC components, and spent the next 6 months looking at all the other components I could have bought instead, kicking myself. Any time that I've upgraded since, I buy the components and avoid anything to do with that subject for the next year.

So long as I don't get in other peoples faces, I think I'm ok, right? Right????

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Otacon wrote: »
    That is one way to draw a line under it...

Anyway, while I won't be getting an XBO, I have made the decision to go all-digital next-gen. Anyone here thinking the same way?

I'll be all digital as well, the convenience is worth a small price disparity for me.

The instant game switching is also something that I'll be looking forward to, no getting up off the couch for me!

I'm really lazy. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'll probably go whichever way is the cheapest. I dont ever trade my games in to be honest cause I always feel swindled at how little they give you. I do share with friends and family though, so I'm hopeful that the previous family sharing plan comes back for digital downloads.

One thing I tend to do now though, is pick up 3 or four games in sales after christmas - last year I picked up far cry 3 and dishonored for 27 notes each from play.com immediately after christmas. I cant see digital downloads being discounted so quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Are there any news/rumours of GTA V coming to the One? I'd hold off getting it for the 360 if that were the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Are there any news/rumours of GTA V coming to the One? I'd hold off getting it for the 360 if that were the case.

New rumours for the PC and PS4, both were referenced in some config file on the 360 version of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Varik wrote: »
    New rumours for the PC and PS4, both were referenced in some config file on the 360 version of the game.

Yeah I glanced over a few articles earlier. Apparently gameplay we were seeing up until now was PC/Next Gen quality. Don't know if the articles were accurate though.

My guess (and it's a far fetched guess) is that R* will wait until the sales dust settles, and then announce GTA V for next gen after Chrimbo.

A fools wish list but a wish list nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,885 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Yeah I glanced over a few articles earlier. Apparently gameplay we were seeing up until now was PC/Next Gen quality. Don't know if the articles were accurate though.

My guess (and it's a far fetched guess) is that R* will wait until the sales dust settles, and then announce GTA V for next gen after Chrimbo.

A fools wish list but a wish list nonetheless.

I'll be very annoyed if that is the case - as they have been categoric on there NOT being a next gen version - so I have bought the current gen version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

well gameplay they shown us looks much better than what is on youtube now from 360 or ps3 .. so they for sure have it ready for next gen ..

I am just surprised they shown gameplay from next gen , when people buy it on current gen they might be dissapointed, no way it looks as good as trailers (gameplay) ..

• Advertisement

Most sales of a game come in the first week of being on sale. After that, second hand sales and other factors start having an impact. I'd say Rockstar want nothing to imped the first week sales, including people holding off for the next gen version.

Although, in saying that, GTA is probably one of the few series that the above just doesn't really apply to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement