Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Gamefaqs Poll of the Day provides some interesting reading, with over 40000 votes cast so far and asking the question of " WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO BUY AN XBOX ONE? " over 50% the voters say they will go for the PS4 and only 5% say they will get the Xbox One. I know it is a poll and people will say it means nothing, but Gamefaqs is a huge site as regards gaming and with 40000 unique votes if it was a exit poll, it would be a disaster for Microsoft.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/5271

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Xenji wrote: »
    Gamefaqs Poll of the Day provides some interesting reading, with over 40000 votes cast so far and asking the question of " WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO BUY AN XBOX ONE? " over 50% the voters say they will go for the PS4 and only 5% say they will get the Xbox One. I know it is a poll and people will say it means nothing, but Gamefaqs is a huge site as regards gaming and with 40000 unique votes if it was a exit poll, it would be a disaster for Microsoft.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/5271

The internet is mostly negative, and those who are getting it aren't likely to be searching for threads titled "WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO BUY AN XBOX ONE?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Varik wrote: »
    The internet is mostly negative, and those who are getting it aren't likely to be searching for threads titled "WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO BUY AN XBOX ONE?"

The trend of negativity is there it seems because response to the X ONE has been negative. I don't honestly think the issue is with the hardware but has been solely been with MS!

These thread titles should read "Why do you not want to buy a console from MS"

Not really a thread, it was a poll on their main page and it is a tradition with quite a few Gamefaqs users that they will vote on the Poll of the Day, I have been a member there for over 15 years, while you have a lot of fanboys admittedly, the Polls are usually very honest in their outcomes.

It makes no difference anyway, we will know in just over two months how everything pans out when the dust settles after the releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Not really a thread, it was a poll on their main page and it is a tradition with quite a few Gamefaqs users that they will vote on the Poll of the Day, I have been a member there for over 15 years, while you have a lot of fanboys admittedly, the Polls are usually very honest in their outcomes.

It makes no difference anyway, we will know in just over two months how everything pans out when the dust settles after the releases.

xbox ones are sold out, their on their second pre orders in most places now:pac: id say microsoft are doing just fine :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    xbox ones are sold out, their on their second pre orders in most places now:pac: id say microsoft are doing just fine :pac:

yes because many people cant get better PS4 haha ..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

...but the point is that the preorders of both would always sell out, we won't know how well either has faired until stock actually beings to flow - or not flow [due to demand/lack of]

...but the point is that the preorders of both would always sell out, we won't know how well either has faired until stock actually beings to flow - or not flow [due to demand/lack of]

We also do not know how much pre-order stock each console will have, Sony have been saying they are delighted with how the manufacturing process is going, while Microsoft have just kept denying reports of production issues and have not really said any positive comments about the process as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

We also do not know how much pre-order stock each console will have, Sony have been saying they are delighted with how the manufacturing process is going, while Microsoft have just kept denying reports of production issues and have not really said any positive comments about the process as of yet.

I think the numbers Sony were giving is 5m by march.

I think the numbers Sony were giving is 5m by march.

Yeah http://uk.gamespot.com/tgs/sony-aiming-to-sell-5-million-ps4-consoles-before-march-2014-6414644/

• Advertisement

198321 wrote: »
    yes because many people cant get better PS4 haha ..

wow kid did you come up with that all by yourself?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Going to wait until Christmas until I pick up one. Will have a far better selection of bundles, and besides CoD: Ghosts is coming out on Xbox 360 anyway.

No sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Very interesting read from the Xbone designers on the internals of the new console
    Baker is keen to tackle the misconception that the team has created a design that cannot access its ESRAM and DDR3 memory pools simultaneously. Critics say that they're adding the available bandwidths together to inflate their figures and that this simply isn't possible in a real-life scenario.

"You can think of the ESRAM and the DDR3 as making up eight total memory controllers, so there are four external memory controllers (which are 64-bit) which go to the DDR3 and then there are four internal memory controllers that are 256-bit that go to the ESRAM. These are all connected via a crossbar and so in fact it will be true that you can go directly, simultaneously to DRAM and ESRAM," he explains.

The controversy surrounding ESRAM has taken the design team very much by surprise. The notion that Xbox One is difficult to work with is perhaps quite hard to swallow for the same team that produced Xbox 360 - by far and away the easier console to develop for, especially so in the early years of the current console generation.

"This controversy is rather surprising to me, especially when you view as ESRAM as the evolution of eDRAM from the Xbox 360. No-one questions on the Xbox 360 whether we can get the eDRAM bandwidth concurrent with the bandwidth coming out of system memory. In fact, the system design required it," explains Andrew Goosen.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-the-xbox-one-architects

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Very interesting read from the Xbone designers on the internals of the new console

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-the-xbox-one-architects

Yeah, it was very interesting. Again, and this is something that I've been saying for ages, the gap between the games will not be as large as most people think.

Still, it's very quiet in here. Not much news filtering out now, but apparently a new demonstration of the UI is coming soon. The (unfinished) bits I saw were already better than the 360 dash, but that may have been down to the speed and the lack of ads.

Also, D4 looks crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2013/08/05/ask-microsoft-anything-about-xbox-one

This is my favourite reading material on the One so far. Cause, ya know, they're answering questions I actually find relevant!

I really hate to be one of those people suckered into thinking the reversals were "listening to the fans" and being nice guy Microsoft, but I have to say their level of interaction with the online community since reveal has been quite good

Not sure how to read into this, another case of Microsoft saying one thing and developers saying another.
    Speaking with Digital Foundry, Microsoft’s hardware architecture team manager Nick Baker said that they were surprised by the backlash that started regarding Xbox One’s ESRAM and it being difficult to work with; he also called the Xbox One, an evolution of Xbox 360′s design philosophy.

The Xbox One has been difficult to work with especially if compared to its competitor PlayStation 4. Many sources have claimed that it didn’t take them long to get their engine up and running with stable performance on PlayStation 4 while Microsoft’s Xbox One required a lot more optimization to get up and running properly. At the center of all these news was Xbox One’s ESRAM, which was called a hindrance since it required a lot more focus and attention to extract a stable performance compared to the 8 GB GDDR 5 on PS4.

http://gearnuke.com/microsoft-surprised-xbox-ones-esram-backlash-calls-esram-evolution-xbox-360s-edram/

Also not that unexpectedly given the slow start Microsoft have had with the Indie's and getting the IDXBOX packs out, you will not see any IDXBOX games out till early next year.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/24/xbox-one-idxbox-titles-not-expected-till-2014/

not into indie games, if i wanted them id use my pc which happens to be 10 years old kinda shows the direction microsoft want to head in doesnt it :L

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

not into indie games, if i wanted them id use my pc which happens to be 10 years old kinda shows the direction microsoft want to head in doesnt it :L

No it really doesn't. They have plenty of AAA titles due aswell and invested heavily in first party studios to make them.

As for you not being into Indie games, it nearly goes without saying that it's most certainly your loss. You've missed and will likely continue to miss some absolutely fantastic gaming experiences that have not been and won't be released on a PC.

No it really doesn't. They have plenty of AAA titles due aswell and invested heavily in first party studios to make them.

As for you not being into Indie games, it nearly goes without saying that it's most certainly your loss. You've missed and will likely continue to miss some absolutely fantastic gaming experiences that have not been and won't be released on a PC.

nope i havnt missed anything :) i think indie games are ****e and dont belong on future hardware, they belong on phones,pcs or ps1s...
    but thats my opinion :) so im not bothered if they come with the xbone or not

nope i havnt missed anything :) i think indie games are ****e and dont belong on future hardware, they belong on phones,pcs or ps1s...

You should read this http://gamingbolt.com/shahid-ahmad-no-divide-between-ps4-indie-and-blockbuster-titles

And watch this

Are you one of these people who just gets a console for CoD and Fifa?

• Advertisement

You should read this http://gamingbolt.com/shahid-ahmad-no-divide-between-ps4-indie-and-blockbuster-titles

And watch this

Are you one of these people who just gets a console for CoD and Fifa?

I dont like indie games on any consoles after ps2, their just too easily accessible on the pc, or by using past gen consoles

and no i play any AAA games, cod aint my cup of tea i prefer bf3 and i prefer nba 2k to fifa :) but hey whos judging :pac: are you one of these people who moan when people dont agree with you?

edit : that game above looks awful but then again ive outgrown my interests in those type of games

Like I said above, your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I hope that is a minority opinion TBH because some of the best games I have played over the last few years have been smaller indie titles.

In either case, whether you enjoy them or not is irrelevant overall. Not having indie games reduces the console's game library. With Microsoft already battling some bad public and consumer press with regards to the XBO, the last thing they need to do is start handing out more sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Otacon wrote: »
    some of the best games I have played over the last few years have been smaller indie titles.

Care to recommend a few?

Like I said above, your loss.

Like I said above, No its not.

Haters gonnna hateeee :pac:

Otacon wrote: »
    I hope that is a minority opinion TBH because some of the best games I have played over the last few years have been smaller indie titles.

In either case, whether you enjoy them or not is irrelevant overall. Not having indie games reduces the console's game library. With Microsoft already battling some bad public and consumer press with regards to the XBO, the last thing they need to do is start handing out more sticks.

I most likely am in the minority, and I dont mind, If microsoft put up a poll asking to bring indie games to xbone or not
    i would vote yes because im not selfish, people play what they like and enjoy playing all sorts of games
    just because I dont like them and some boardies have taken it anal because someone else has a different opinion about it doesnt mean I would vote against it does it?:pac:

Well I havnt got shares with microsoft so I am not really worried

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Limbo is one my favourite games ever.

Like I said above, No its not.

Haters gonnna hateeee :pac:

Not hating, pitying.

Not hating, pitying.

Ok kid :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Right oh, i think you've nipped that conversation in the bud. :P

Since you have no interest in indie games, chiming in on discussions about them only lends to sidetrack from any relevant discussion about indie games

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement