Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've got a vita, never have to buy a game with playstation plus, good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Jesus if the lads in the playstation form seen the last few posts we'd never live it down, where's all love for xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

DS4 looks good, only thing I don't like is the built in rechargeable battery.
    With the DS3 if the battery goes that's pretty much the end of gaming for the night.
    Well unless I want to stand 1ft from the TV with the controller plugged in.
    With the 360 I just change battery and I keep a big stock of AA and rechargable eneloop batteries around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

dloob wrote: »
    With the DS3 if the battery goes that's pretty much the end of gaming for the night.
    With the 360 I just change battery and I keep a big stock of AA and rechargable eneloop batteries around.
    Don't know why MS did that it stupid this day and age and it 23 euro for them couldn't they made it like 10 euro for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

dloob wrote: »

Problem I had with AA's was I ran out of them once and could not play my 360 at all! I just ended up buying a wired 360 controller!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Played the One in London yesterday. The controller is pretty superb overall but....

The LB and RB buttons are a bit of a mess. Flat and lifeless. Bad move from MS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Played the One in London yesterday. The controller is pretty superb overall but....

That good for me feel the Lb and RB a pain to use on the original controller
    How the sticks are they not as stiff as original joypad

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So, a free fitness app subscription for one year. Eurogamer has details about it here.

There's a couple of interesting things that I read into this.

First is that this is further confirmation that from the get go, Microsoft is targeting the mass market. The Xbox One will be marketed as a lifestyle device that is also a power games consoles, whereas I think the PS4 has gone for games console with lifestyle attached. Subtle difference, but it will be interesting to see which one gets traction over the next three years.

Second is that this is further evidence of Microsoft's desire to become a devices and services company, they are desperate to move people onto yearly subscriptions. Xbox Live, Xbox Music, Office, and now Xbox Fitness are all going to be subscription based services, offering them almost guaranteed income on a yearly basis.

On a side note, while I've already sold an Xbox One purchase to my partner on the basis that she'll be able to control the tv with her voice, she'll be delighted with a years fitness subscription.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

rob808 wrote: »
    That good for me feel the Lb and RB a pain to use on the original controller
    How the sticks are they not as stiff as original joypad

The LB and RB buttons were certainly different, but I didn't think that it was a change for the worse while I was using them.

The sticks felt a little tighter actually, but then I'm comparing them to my 7 year old controller that I've totally abused, so I may not be the best person for comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Problem I had with AA's was I ran out of them once and could not play my 360 at all! I just ended up buying a wired 360 controller!

I have a few of rechargable battery packs (charge via usb from pc) for my xbox360l. Cheap enough to have a few of them. I'm sure its only a matter of time before cheaper ones come out of the xbox one aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Batteries in a joypad in 2013, no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Grayditch wrote: »

Does the controller take aa/aaa batteries ? This video shows a battery pack,

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/accessories/batteries-chargers/play-and-charge-kit

How long will it be before we start to see these for the xbox one, £2 shipped from Hong Kong :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Rechargeable-Battery-Pack-1800mAh-For-XBOX-360-9156-/280635048265?pt=US_Video_Game_Batteries&hash=item4157270149

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

and yet you still post in the xbox one thread :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/09/report-microsoft-developing-tech-to-stream-xbox-games-to-pc-phones/

Microsoft get show off game streaming. The good news for us is that they have a nice, big Azure data centre sitting in Dublin so latency should be pretty damn good for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

FutureGuy wrote: »

Played Ryse today and used xbox one controller for the first time. Feels smaller than 360 controller and I found it uncomfortable trying to use the LB / RB buttons :/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

How do you think any "joypad" is powered :pac:

How do you think any "joypad" is powered :pac:

I'm sure you can figure what I meant :)
    2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    and yet you still post in the xbox one thread :pac:

The last time you tried this it went really badly for you. This is a discussion forum. Let that sink in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

hi all
    i am moving from a ps3 to the One, mainly due to kinect camera and physio games for my 4 year old who suffers from juvenile artheritis. ve many weeks ago put a deposit on a release day xbox one and was wondering aside from an extra controller what do you recommend

also what are smyths toy like for honoring the first day release deposit holders? don fancy rocking up and being told "sorry none left and none till after xmas....."

have to say very much looking forward to the change, any tips or tricks let me know

cheers
    brookie

Kinect Sports Rivals looks the better out of the Kinect games, Just Dance and Zumba etc.

Peggle 2 should be a laugh and I'd say Lego Marvel Superheroes will be a good bet for 2 player fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The two lads having snipes at each other... GROW UP

It's a computer game system.. Pathetic arguing over it!

First world problems eh??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Batteries in a remote control in 2013, no thanks.:D

The two lads having snipes at each other... GROW UP

It's a computer game system.. Pathetic arguing over it!

First world problems eh??

Ha ok, Da.

Ha ok, Da.

You are showing your maturity here

Understand anyone here interested in the console don't want to read through your arguments over a console

Again first world problems

I sometimes forget how personally people take it when you slight Microsoft or Sony in 'their threads', but I'm probably not going to stop discussing their pros and cons for me. I don't understand your middle sentence. Also don't know what this has to do with first world, etc. Shall we drop it there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Xbox One Tour coming to Dublin November 14-17..........That is all gentlemen.

I sometimes forget how personally people take it when you slight Microsoft or Sony in 'their threads', but I'm probably not going to stop discussing their pros and cons for me. I don't understand your middle sentence. Also don't know what this has to do with first world, etc. Shall we drop it there?

I just think it's very unfair anyone having a genuine interest in discussing the console to you making sniping remarks.

And sniping and arguing over consoles is first world problems seeing as first world problems are pointless mainly

shuffles03 wrote: »

Any info on the venue(s)?

shuffles03 wrote: »

Is Release is nov 22nd???

I just think it's very unfair anyone having a genuine interest in discussing the console to you making sniping remarks.

Grand, but I won't have it suggested that I shouldn't be posting what I see as cons in this thread. My addition to the discussion is that it's a dated idea to have AA batteries in a controller. So should I not post that here, as alluded to by yer man?

• Advertisement

Grand, but I won't have it suggested that I shouldn't be posting what I see as cons in this thread. My addition to the discussion is that it's a dated idea to have AA batteries in a controller. So should I not post that here, as alluded to by yer man?

Your entitled to your opinion but sneering about it is going about it in the wrong way tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement