Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Your entitled to your opinion but sneering about it is going about it in the wrong way tbh

Which bit was sneering? The bit about the controllers, or reminding yer man that he's already tried to tell me I shouldn't be posting negatives about the Xbox in this thread? Because I'm not always sunshine and lollipops the second time around with someone who's at that.

Anyway, it should definitely be dropped here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I think a number of people are just a little bit annoyed about people coming into the various next gen discussion threads, firing off their opinion, and not giving any reason for their opinion.

I've no problem with anyone coming in here and giving there opinion, but I'd much prefer if they gave reasons for their opinion as well.

Anyway, on to a next gen topic! I am definitely going all digital this generation, but for anyone with really slow broadband, the new Killzone is apparently pushing 50GB, which may be an eye opener for some people. It might be ok with the ability to play games before they finish downloading, but three or four games of that size will blow past most peoples limit.

I wonder will ISPs come out with a "gamers package", where downloading from steam, xbox live, and PSN don't count toward the limit. We still haven't seen how Sony's partnership with Virgin Media will work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I don't like the weight batteries add and the idea of having to charge the batteries in a charger.

Most people I know with a 360 including myself use play and charge kits that that had to pay extra for. I think Microsoft should add the play and charge kit with the battery holder for people who still want to charge with batteries. It's stingey of them, if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Grayditch wrote: »
    Kinect Sports Rivals looks the better out of the Kinect games, Just Dance and Zumba etc.

Peggle 2 should be a laugh and I'd say Lego Marvel Superheroes will be a good bet for 2 player fun.

Kinect Sport Rivals has been delayed till spring of next year.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I don't like the weight batteries add and the idea of having to charge the batteries in a charger.

Most people I know with a 360 including myself use play and charge kits that that had to pay extra for. I think Microsoft should add the play and charge kit with the battery holder for people who still want to charge with batteries. It's stingey of them, if you ask me.

I have four AA rechargeable batteries and 2 xbox controller battery cases...depending on how much I play I might have to swap packs once a week. The idea of doing this is a non issue for me, often advantageous even. I can't say I notice any weight issue though, but then I don't know how much a built in battery might way by comparison...again, a non issue for me personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I have always noticed interference when talking to gamers on Xbox live who are using a play and charge kit. I charge my joypad's battery on a charger dock.
    The weight is a non issue for me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I wouldn't mind going digital for games I know I'll get over 100hrs out of, play repeatedly and never delete, Forza, Fallout, Elder Scrolls & Battlefield come to mind but sadly my current broadband isn't up to it, would be handy if I could borrow a disc from a friend, install on mine and then buy a digital licence.

I'm not sure about the whole play as you download business either surely for games like Battlefield & Forza you'll want all the cars/tracks/guns/maps straight away, I keep getting flashbacks to the Half-life mods on PC where a server would rotate to a custom map and the round would be half over by the time I had downloaded the files on dial-up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

BrookieD wrote: »
    hi all
    i am moving from a ps3 to the One, mainly due to kinect camera and physio games for my 4 year old who suffers from juvenile artheritis. ve many weeks ago put a deposit on a release day xbox one and was wondering aside from an extra controller what do you recommend

also what are smyths toy like for honoring the first day release deposit holders? don fancy rocking up and being told "sorry none left and none till after xmas....."

have to say very much looking forward to the change, any tips or tricks let me know

cheers
    brookie

If it's booked it's booked, simple as don't worry.

Have a check in your local Smyths two or three weeks before release and we'd hopefully have bundles in place "second controller for X or such and such games for Y" etc.

I would say a second controller isn't nearly as important as a rechargeable battery pack. With second controllers, unless two player will be a regular occurrence, it isn't essential given how much multilayer focus is online IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I'm sure you can figure what I meant :)

The last time you tried this it went really badly for you. This is a discussion forum. Let that sink in.

did it? please remind me kid :) cause all your remarks so far are like owl richard
    and yano how he ended up :pac: theirs discussion pros and cons then theirs being a "sly" troll
    you never discuss anything , you just make bad remarks on every single post grow up

see how i can make remarks as well? now im just going to ignore you :) good luck kid haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Shame ms not doing bundles would you say retailers will rip us off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Played Ryse today. The multiplayer section. Do not buy it. It was absolute sh!te.

Forza was very good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Otacon wrote: »
    Played Ryse today. The multiplayer section. Do not buy it. It was absolute sh!te.

Forza was very good though.

How did you swing that mate?

Graphics wise and controller etc your opinion???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Got to play Titanfall and mess around with the Xbox One controller too. Wrote this in the Eurogamer expo thread
    I was hoping to kill two birds with one stone playing Titanfall as I assumed it was on Xbox One but it turned out to be on PC with 360 controllers so that was annoying for me. Game itself is great fun. Easiest way to describe it is COD with jetpacks and mechs therefore making a fast paced game even faster. From the game I played it looks like the Titans are your Killstreak... or at least the better you play the quicker you'll get one (Top player on my team :cool:). It's pretty awesome blowing up a Titan, ejecting out of your one and killing someone on the roof you land on. So ya... it's easy to pick up and play.
    Last thing I did before leaving was find the Xbox One controller... fortunately Zoo Tycoon was still on so I just picked it up for a bit and messed around with the controller itself. I have to say I really liked it too. Found it very comfortable and the only thing I would say against it is the front shoulder buttons. They are a little flat. I didn't really play Zoo Tycoon so I didn't get a chance to properly test the controller but it's really good imo too. Very little between it and the DS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

rob808 wrote: »
    Shame ms not doing bundles would you say retailers will rip us off
    When does a Console manufacturer ever do a bundle for an initial launch? It didn't happen for the PS3, PS2, PS1, Gamecube, 360, or Original Xbox, its not new now either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Meesared wrote: »
    When does a Console manufacturer ever do a bundle for an initial launch? It didn't happen for the PS3, PS2, PS1, Gamecube, 360, or Original Xbox, its not new now either.

Nintendo have before and Sony are this time around, there's 3 PS4 skus

Varik wrote: »
    Nintendo have before and Sony are this time around, there's 3 PS4 skus
    There good value for money shame MS not doing bundles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Any info on the venue(s)?

http://news.xbox.com/2013/09/xbox-one-tour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

How did you swing that mate?

Graphics wise and controller etc your opinion???

I was at the Eurogamer Expo the last three days - played most of the games on show.

Graphically, Ryse looks good standing still but the animations were a bit jerky during the fights. The combat is very similar to the Arkham series, in that it is all about counter-attacking. The executions were single-button presses most of the time but they actually showed off far more clipping than the rest of the gameplay did, like arms and other body parts disappearing into each other.

Forza on the other hand was divine. The gameplay is pretty much the exact same as before but graphically, it was really nice.

As for the controller, it is obviously very similar to the previous one in layout and whatnot, but the two things I was informed about before I got my hands on it were apparent straight away - firstly, the shoulder buttons are weirdly shallow and flat, and secondly, the sticks are loose. I don't mean they have a big dead zone or anything, just far too easy to move around, hence when I was playing BF4, my aim was shocking (though my aim is generally not great anyway!) Although, I'm sure it's something that just needs to be got used to.

I was at the Eurogamer Expo the last three days - played most of the games on show.

Graphically, Ryse looks good standing still but the animations were a bit jerky during the fights. The combat is very similar to the Arkham series, in that it is all about counter-attacking. The executions were single-button presses most of the time but they actually showed off far more clipping than the rest of the gameplay did, like arms and other body parts disappearing into each other.

Forza on the other hand was divine. The gameplay is pretty much the exact same as before but graphically, it was really nice.

As for the controller, it is obviously very similar to the previous one in layout and whatnot, but the two things I was informed about before I got my hands on it were apparent straight away - firstly, the shoulder buttons are weirdly shallow and flat, and secondly, the sticks are loose. I don't mean they have a big dead zone or anything, just far too easy to move around, hence when I was playing BF4, my aim was shocking (though my aim is generally not great anyway!) Although, I'm sure it's something that just needs to be got used to.
    That good alway felt the stick were to stiff on original and that was one reason I like Ds3 more because of loose stick it didn't feel like I was fighting my controller like on 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I find it baffling that Titanfall isn't 100% confirmed for Japan. A mech game and a Japanese release seems a no brainer, no?

• Advertisement

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I find it baffling that Titanfall isn't 100% confirmed for Japan. A mech game and a Japanese release seems a no brainer, no?

I say they will more than likely but say it up to EA

Pushtrak wrote: »

They probably have westernised it so much that the idea will be a insult to the Japanese and their love of Mecha, the live action Transformers movies did not do great business in Japan either compared to what was expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Xenji wrote: »
    They probably have westernised it so much that the idea will be a insult to the Japanese and their love of Mecha, the live action Transformers movies did not do great business in Japan either compared to what was expected.

That just means they have good taste...

Deano7788 wrote: »
    That just means they have good taste...

Was only one good Transformers movie and that came out in 1986 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Always nice to hear reports like this from shows. Here's another thread from avforums with people from the same show, have to take some of it with a pinch of salt (you'll have some bias towards xbox one and also some my cousins a dev and xxx is this or that)

http://www.avforums.com/forums/xbox-one/1809813-eurogamer-2013-a.html

Another PR disaster in the making " Xbox One Presenter Humiliated Me On Stage, Says Transgender Journalist " been picked up by a lot of press and gay rights groups.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/09/xbox-one-presenter-humiliated-me-on-stage-says-transgender-journalist/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The vibrations on the controller while playing Forza was incredible. You feel every bump and breaking maneuvre. The lighting in the game was stunning to say the least. I'm not a driving game fan, but I think Forza was one of the the most graphically impressive One game at the show.

Dead Rising was incredible fun. The sheer number of zombies on screen was mind-boggling. I spoke to one of the devs of the game while and it seems like this will be incredible fun to play :D

Onto Battlefield 4...wow. When we were queueing, we were certain we would be playing on ultra-specced PCs with XBOne controllers. Certainly, the graphics would back up that claim. However, when we got to play, it was running on a One. :eek: Smooth as silk, 16 v 16 (32 v 32 at launch), tons of weapons/vehicles and absolutely stunning graphics.

Glad I have one booked now.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The vibrations on the controller while playing Forza was incredible. You feel every bump and breaking maneuvre. The lighting in the game was stunning to say the least. I'm not a driving game fan, but I think Forza was one of the the most graphically impressive One game at the show.

Dead Rising was incredible fun. The sheer number of zombies on screen was mind-boggling. I spoke to one of the devs of the game while and it seems like this will be incredible fun to play :D

Onto Battlefield 4...wow. When we were queueing, we were certain we would be playing on ultra-specced PCs with XBOne controllers. Certainly, the graphics would back up that claim. However, when we got to play, it was running on a One. :eek: Smooth as silk, 16 v 16 (32 v 32 at launch), tons of weapons/vehicles and absolutely stunning graphics.

Glad I have one booked now.

The new Forza is using 100 percent of the Xbox One hardware, so it is the benchmark at the moment till they can figure out how to use the hardware more efficiently, so basically for the time being do not expect a game to look better than it.

http://www.examiner.com/article/forza-5-using-100-percent-of-xbox-one-hopes-to-improve-over-console-lifetime

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Xenji wrote: »
    Another PR disaster in the making " Xbox One Presenter Humiliated Me On Stage, Says Transgender Journalist " been picked up by a lot of press and gay rights groups.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/09/xbox-one-presenter-humiliated-me-on-stage-says-transgender-journalist/

You would hope that people who read through the article realise it was some hired 'comedian' and not a representative of MS.

Bit of a nothing-story in terms of MS's reputation, but the woman has a fair complaint if the presenter did indeed make insulting remarks.

• Advertisement

You would hope that people who read through the article realise it was some hired 'comedian' and not a representative of MS.

Bit of a nothing-story in terms of MS's reputation, but the woman has a fair complaint if the presenter did indeed make insulting remarks.

It is a pity most people will just skim through it and see Microsofts name, although it was Microsoft that hired him, so they have to shoulder part of the blame if all this is true. Seems that two stories are coming out of this now, and that both parties are saying stuff differently about how events transpired, people from Neogaf who were there are saying he definitely referred to her on stage as a " dude in a colorful wig " and that he had made sexist comments the previous day about women.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement