Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd have to try it myself, but if Microsoft haven't nailed the Dpad this time around, that's a bit of a misstep.

What are the problems with the bumpers some are having?

D pad is how it always should have been, no complaints from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Otacon wrote: »
    I can't speak for anyone else but the way they are now flatter and wider means there is very little room separating them. A few times, I ended up pressing both which was annoying.

The rumble feature is good though.

I thought the same but I didn't get to play any games to give the controller a proper run.

Still really liked it though, coming from someone who doesn't have an xbox and had no issues with the DS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭hardweir

I can't speak for anyone else but the way they are now flatter and wider means there is very little room separating them. A few times, I ended up pressing both which was annoying.

The rumble feature is good though.

Has anyone heard if this rumble can be disabled completely through system settings or is it on a per game basis.Really dislike any kind of vibration in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

hardweir wrote: »
    Has anyone heard if this rumble can be disabled completely through system settings or is it on a per game basis.Really dislike any kind of vibration in games.
    They aren't going to force you to use it. They'll probably do a repeat of the 360 and have a system setting for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

hardweir wrote: »

Not sure if you can turn it on or off, but I'd be surprised if Microsoft didn't have a setting to turn it on or off. To be honest, after trying out Forza 5, I can't imagine playing with out it, and that's just from about 10 laps worth of play. It really does make that much of a difference to the feel.

As to the bumper issue that people are talking about, I did think that they were different, but not to the point that they were a negative, and it was certainly something that I could adapt to within a few hours of use. I've no idea how you could press them both accidentally.

All in all, my anticipation for the next gen has started to increase massively over the last few days, not sure why. I'm not even going to be buying any games that won't already be out on the current systems. Well, maybe Dead Rising 3.

• Advertisement

To be honest,i would put up with it in something like a driving game but i think it would be very annoying in a fps.

With you on the whole anticipation thing,i am frothing at the mouth at this stage,have bf4,ac4,ryse,dead rising and watchdogs pre-ordered.
    Bf4 will be first in the tray though and tbh might never be taken out again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

The new Friends app walk through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

D_BEAR wrote: »
    The new Friends app walk through.

What are they after apple or something look lame as **** couldn't be bother with that app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

rob808 wrote: »
    What are they after apple or something look lame as **** couldn't be bother with that app.

looks good to me, but i agree the layout of it is crap but the idea could be something good, improves the social aspect abit more

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It looks good to me as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

My biggest takeaway from it is the favourites feature seems like it'll be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Pushtrak wrote: »
    My biggest takeaway from it is the favourites feature seems like it'll be handy.

Looks handy alright, i think it will be customizable too, so maybe we can remove the features we dont want?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Xbox One will deliver a ‘ton’ of multiplayer improvements according to Microsoft. Community reps Graeme Boyd and Larry Hyrb have spoken with five members of the Xbox team to find out more about what’s changed.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/15/xbox-one-multiplayer-improvements-discussed-in-new-trailer-watch-here/

This has neither been confirmed or denied but anyone thinking of getting the Turtle Beach xo four or xo seven at launch may need to think again.

http://pixelenemy.com/turtle-beach-xbox-one-headsets-wont-feature-surround-sound-at-launch/

Presumably this is because the xbox one wont send 5.1 through wifi direct to the controller at launch only stereo as both headsets are 5.1 capable.Would be fairly annoyed having forked out 200 quid to end up with stereo.

On a side note has anyone heard anything about games supporting lossless audio on xbox one or are we stuck with 5.1 again.

Not a lot thats new here but may be of interest to some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG0L_xJfFro

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Xenji wrote: »
    Xbox One will deliver a ‘ton’ of multiplayer improvements according to Microsoft. Community reps Graeme Boyd and Larry Hyrb have spoken with five members of the Xbox team to find out more about what’s changed.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/15/xbox-one-multiplayer-improvements-discussed-in-new-trailer-watch-here/

I need to stop watching these videos! So far I've resisted the temptation to pre-order an Xbox One. I did ask in Smyths about it the other day and they only had standard editions left for xmas so I decided leave it. Interestingly, he said Xbox One was doing better than ps4 which I was surprised about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

FYI Ubisoft has delayed Watch Dogs and The Crew across all platforms... I wonder what's going on there.

WD

TC

FYI Ubisoft has delayed Watch Dogs and The Crew across all platforms... I wonder what's going on there.

WD

TC

if thats the case, I'd say The Division will definitly be delayed:( why do ubisoft delay every single game bar ASS CREED every time:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Damn it watchdogs. Hmmmm, now what to order for launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sort of glad. I have too many games to play for that period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

What edition's had they offered.
    I was in asking what deals they were doing and they said none.........so I walked. :rolleyes:
    I need to stop watching these videos! So far I've resisted the temptation to pre-order an Xbox One. I did ask in Smyths about it the other day and they only had standard editions left for xmas so I decided leave it. Interestingly, he said Xbox One was doing better than ps4 which I was surprised about.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭KIERAN1

Alberto Penello (of Microsoft) confirmed today that every X Box 1 game will be using dedicated servers for free. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/15/microsoft-to-have-dedicated-servers-for-all-xbox-one-multiplayer-games.aspx

Let you in a little secret guys. The dedicated servers are located in Ireland for Europe. How i know this? Well Epic games rented servers from Microsoft. The servers were for use with Gears of War 3 and they were located in Dublin at the Microsoft company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

KIERAN1 wrote: »
    Alberto Penello (of Microsoft) confirmed today that every X Box 1 game will be using dedicated servers for free. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/15/microsoft-to-have-dedicated-servers-for-all-xbox-one-multiplayer-games.aspx

Let you in a little secret guys. The dedicated servers are located in Ireland for Europe. How i know this? Well Epic games rented servers from Microsoft. The servers were for use with Gears of War 3 and they were located in Dublin at the Microsoft company.

Known this for months.The Irish will be the new French of Battlefield:D

KIERAN1 wrote: »

Not really a secret :P but hopefully this picks up for all the **** connection we have over here:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Graeme Boyd talks with Xbox Director of Product Planning, Albert Penello, about how advanced cloud computing, all new Kinect technology, and innovations in SmartGlass make Xbox One built for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Of Dead Rising 3:

"The Xbox One Kinect sensor lets the zombie horde hear and respond to noises in your living room."

....Someone shut up the dog.

In addition, SmartGlass integration: call in an airstrike from your tablet. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

markad1 wrote: »
    What edition's had they offered.
    I was in asking what deals they were doing and they said none.........so I walked. :rolleyes:

They only had standard edition, the one without a game for xmas. I'd rather wait for a deal in a few months tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

The biggest, least-known Xbox exclusive? First look at Cobalt, from the makers of Minecraft

http://www.oxm.co.uk/64213/features/the-biggest-least-known-xbox-exclusive-first-look-at-cobalt-from-the-makers-of-minecraft/

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Overheal wrote: »
    Of Dead Rising 3:

"The Xbox One Kinect sensor lets the zombie horde hear and respond to noises in your living room."

This will lead to nothing but a ten-fold increase in domestics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement