Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Overheal wrote: »
    Of Dead Rising 3:

"The Xbox One Kinect sensor lets the zombie horde hear and respond to noises in your living room."

Jesus you will have to be very careful cracking open a can of beer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Overheal wrote: »
    Of Dead Rising 3:

"The Xbox One Kinect sensor lets the zombie horde hear and respond to noises in your living room.".

So I could be sitting playing DR3 in the dark of night with everyone asleep and its dead silent then I Fart and all the zombies on screen turn and come at me? :(

Just another game I can't fully appreciate due to a medical condition along with my lazy eye and 3D games :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

jaffusmax wrote: »
    So I could be sitting playing DR3 in the dark of night with everyone asleep and its dead silent then I Fart and all the zombies on screen turn and come at me? :(

Just another game I can't fully appreciate due to a medical condition along with my lazy eye and 3D games :(:(

Just turn the kinect off when you play DR3. Fixed that for you but there's nothing I can do about your lazy eye, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Will the Pin Edition of Killer Instinct be available over here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

logik wrote: »

You should ask some people here who got a hands on with it, not many were positive about the game.
    Otacon wrote: »
    Played Ryse today. The multiplayer section. Do not buy it. It was absolute sh!te.

Forza was very good though.

Xenji wrote: »
    You should ask some people here who got a hands on with it, not many were positive about the game.

Anyone get a proper hands on with the single player of Ryse?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Anyone get a proper hands on with the single player of Ryse?

Would say somebody has, it was mostly the actual game play they did not like, so it makes no difference really.

More on Ryse

Ryse: Son of Rome – I can’t say I’m feeling terrifically confident about this one, chaps. The collective Internet consciousness seems to have forgotten that it has been in the works since 2009 under the codename Kingdoms; was originally announced as an Xbox 360 title for Kinect, has gone through multiple reboots and left a trail of lay-offs in its wake. All these things are true, though, and somehow or other it’s still not ready; Crytek is crunching like a male underwear model to get Ryse: Son of Rome out the door, having shoved in traditional controls and microtransactions.

It might be old news, but I did not know this till today, but Killer Instinct is being advertised as a free game, but you only get one playable character for it when you download it and you have to pay €5 for each additional character you want, €20 for 8 characters (6 from launch and 2 which will be available after at a undetermined date) or €40 for the 8 characters and their second costumes and accessories.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It might be old news, but I did not know this to today, but Killer Instinct is being advertised as a free game, but you only get one playable character for it when you download it and you have to pay €5 for each additional character you want, €20 for 8 characters (6 from launch and 2 which will be available after at a undetermined date) or €40 for the 8 characters and their second costumes and accessories.

Yep, the fact that you can download it for free and play with Jago is a great concept. KI plays brilliantly and Jago is a character that has a playstyle familiar to anyone who has ever played as Ryu or Ken in Street Fighter.

Definitely worth a download.

Will the Pin Edition of Killer Instinct be available over here?

It's a Microsoft store exclusive which probably means no :( However, you are paying 20 euro (plus shipping) for two pins and a folder.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yep, the fact that you can download it for free and play with Jago is a great concept. KI plays brilliantly and Jago is a character that has a playstyle familiar to anyone who has ever played as Ryu or Ken in Street Fighter.

Definitely worth a download.

That is good, Double Helix do not have the best track records with games, actually all their games so far have been critically panned, starting with Homecoming they got worse game by game.

That is good, Double Helix do not have the best track records with games, actually all their games so far have been critically panned, starting with Homecoming they got worse game by game.

KI as a fighting game (based on what I know and what I played) seems to be alot of fun and can certainly be enjoyed by the casual gamer. With a little practice and knowledge, anyone can start pulling off fancy combos easily enough.

However, there is a lot of deep strategy behind the fun so if you are willing to put the time into it, it should be very rewarding.

I think I'm most excited about this game than any other Xbox One exclusive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'll definitely be waiting until the reviews of Ryse come out, but I find it difficult to take someone serious when they try one level of the multiplayer and pronounce judgement on a game.

Same with Forza, from what I read, the version of the game that everyone else has played is the same I played, which is one race, with a choice of six cars or so. Hardly a thorough playtest.

You can say something is promising, or worrying, but to say get this, don't get that? No.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It's a Microsoft store exclusive which probably means no :( However, you are paying 20 euro (plus shipping) for two pins and a folder.

I've a problem with Special Editions. There.......I said it. I needs them FutureGuy.NEEDSTHEM ALL!!

I've a problem with Special Editions. There.......I said it. I needs them FutureGuy.NEEDSTHEM ALL!!

You gonna go with the €40 bundle for the game or the €20 one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I have to say I am really looking forward to gaming on the XB1 using dedicated servers, especially when it comes to Call of Duty or really any game that is player hosted.

You gonna go with the €40 bundle for the game or the €20 one?

Folio edition (runs and hides behind the radiator)....but not at launch

Would I need to preorder this before launch?:

http://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/45284/xbox-live-day-one-12-month-gold-membership

And what are the chances of picking this up a few weeks after launch with no preorder?:

http://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/45544/forza-motorsport-5-limited-edition

............I told you I had a problem Xenji

• Advertisement

Folio edition (runs and hides behind the radiator)....but not at launch

haha, fair play. I'm definitely not waiting for it to be delivered. Also, I'm a bit of a special edition whore, but only when I get a nice statue or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

you can buy your xbox live sub direct from your console

shuffles03, I will leave these here for you.

And this killerinstinctmadcatztournamentedition2fightstick.png

COYVB wrote: »
    you can buy your xbox live sub direct from your console

Ah but not the Day One 2013 Limited Edition version :D

You're killing me here Xenji :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Seriously thinking about getting an Xbone for Xmas. I have a PS3 that I mainly use for blu ray & Netflix and a 360 for Sky Player but I would like one console that can do everything. Now with the Xbone coming with blu ray which is a massive selling point for me, sky player which i need for sky sports and the best controller I might get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

For the forza limited edition keep an eye on play-asia, they don't have a price at the moment but the standard edition is €43.91 so it should be a good bit cheaper from them. The console has no region protection so there shouldn't be any problem with importing games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

dor83 wrote: »
    For the forza limited edition keep an eye on play-asia, they don't have a price at the moment but the standard edition is €43.91 so it should be a good bit cheaper from them. The console has no region protection so there shouldn't be any problem with importing games.
    They won't ship to Ireland only Canada and America try before better trying videogamesplus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

rob808 wrote: »
    They won't ship to Ireland only Canada and America try before better trying videogamesplus.
    I haven't used them in a few years, they used to ship here and I didn't know they had stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

dor83 wrote: »
    I haven't used them in a few years, they used to ship here and I didn't know they had stopped.
    Maybe they still do I try use them few years ago trying to buy a ps3 game but they won't ship it to me maybe they change.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement