Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

rob808 wrote: »
    Maybe they still do I try use them few years ago trying to buy a ps3 game but they won't ship it to me maybe they change.
    They stopped shipping sony stuff a good few years ago(2006 or 2007 I think), sony sued another site for shipping Japanese games to Europe so they stopped shipping them too. I remember because I used them a lot for xbox 360 games but couldn't use them for PS3, had to use VG+ for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

dor83 wrote: »
    They stopped shipping sony stuff a good few years ago(2006 or 2007 I think), sony sued another site for shipping Japanese games to Europe so they stopped shipping them too. I remember because I used them a lot for xbox 360 games but couldn't use them for PS3, had to use VG+ for them.

It was Hong Kong to the rest, Japanese games are generally more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Videogames plus is a great site if you want cheaper games, you will always save around 20 euro and they only take 7-9 days to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

dor83 wrote: »

So they would ship Xbox one games to Ireland would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

rob808 wrote: »
    So they would ship Xbox one games to Ireland would they?
    I haven't tried ordering any from them yet but can't see any reason why they wouldn't, as far as I know they still ship 360 games here. I'll probably order a few games between launch and Christmas because they are much cheaper than shops here. One thing I do remember is that if I ordered one game I never got hit for customs but ordering a few together did, whether that is still the same I don't know because I haven't ordered from them in a few years. They used to take about 2 weeks for shipping too, so not the quickest.

• Advertisement

been getting 360 games off them for years cant see why they wouldent ship xbox one games

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Any word on what apps will be available at launch here like sky go 4od

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

gotthebug wrote: »
    Any word on what apps will be available at launch here like sky go 4od

None have been officially announced as of yet for the EU, although you can view some of the American ones here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669313

Be warned though that you need a live subscription to use them and not all will be available over here, also a lot of the apps that were on the 360 will not be on the X1 at launch and may never appear on it http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/09/20/tgs-microsoft-on-its-vision-for-xbox-one

Xbox One TV will also not be available to those outside the US and Japan at launch, they have no timeframe for when it will me made available outside those two countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Presumably the Xbox browser will be pretty handy, I'd say using them from the sites without an app until they're released would be doable. I always watched 4od on the PS3 browser, and that's the worst browser in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭hardweir

Speaking of apps,this would be cool if true.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/20/windows-8-apps-might-sync-and-run-on-xbox-one-dell-website-clai/

Makes sense tbh would be great to be able to play Halo spartan assault on the xbox one with a controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

hardweir wrote: »
    Speaking of apps,this would be cool if true.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/20/windows-8-apps-might-sync-and-run-on-xbox-one-dell-website-clai/

Makes sense tbh would be great to be able to play Halo spartan assault on the xbox one with a controller.
    While it makes sense, does that not just make the Xbox one a PC?
    Ok, a cool, high spec, customised for gaming PC, but a PC nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

could say the same about the ps3, nevermind the ps4:pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Well it'll be a closed-garden for starters, you'll only be able to get apps from the Windows store. It'll also be a black-box hardware wise, you won't be able to upgrade or modify it much. And forget about installing other operating systems. It's closer to a tablet tbh, albeit one that sits under your TV.

Still, it'll be a really, really high-spec tablet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

No Kinect voice controls for Ireland, Austria or New Zealand at launch.

The X1 is sounding more like a souped up 360 for us right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Considering the games are largely going to be souped up versions of current gen, and that is the primary metric I'd care about, yeah... I'll be holding off till next year in getting either, most likely anyway. Till some games that justify getting a new console. I really don't think I'd get a new console for, say Assassin's Creed 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

mark_m360 wrote: »
    No Kinect voice controls for Ireland, Austria or New Zealand at launch.

Was announced ages ago

Should be soon after launch, probably asking Pat Shortt to sort out the language barrier between us and the Brits

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

mark_m360 wrote: »

I hope you mean suped up. Would probably stick with the 360 if they souped up the X1, what with the smell and all after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Does anyone know anything about the Xbox One Tour that's supposed to be in Dublin Nov 14-17?
    For the dates in the UK they've got a registration page (http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/onetour), but nothing for Dublin? On the Irish Page, it just says to come back for more details. (http://www.xbox.com/en-ie/onetour)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Really stuggling to think of a second game to get with the Xbox One.

Will obviously be getting FIFA14.

Was going to get WatchDogs, but that isn't going to be happening.

Getting the PS4 the following week with Killzone (early Christmas and Birthday present...) - so no sure about getting CoD or Battlefield for the Xbox. Might go with NFS or Forza. Will prob go with NFS as the arcade style will be more forgiving to my poor driving ability (was a massive fan of Forza Horizon but the main Forza games not so much).

Crimson Dragon/Assassins Creed Black Flag/Ryse all look promising too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Really stuggling to think of a second game to get with the Xbox One.

Will obviously be getting FIFA14.

Was going to get WatchDogs, but that isn't going to be happening.

Getting the PS4 the following week with Killzone (early Christmas and Birthday present...) - so no sure about getting CoD or Battlefield for the Xbox. Might go with NFS or Forza. Will prob go with NFS as the arcade style will be more forgiving to my poor driving ability (was a massive fan of Forza Horizon but the main Forza games not so much).

Any interest in Dead Rising 3 maybe? That would have interested me if I was getting one.

Crimson Dragon/Assassins Creed Black Flag/Ryse all look promising too.

Hearing too many conflicting things about Ryse.

Assassins Creed 3 has really turned me off that series. Loved AC2 and the follow ups, but 3 is just SOOOOOOO boring.

Not looked into Crimson Dragon too much.

Dead Rising 3 is another I have my eye on - but a number of titles for XboxOne and PS4 are down for Christmas/Brithday presents. Just looking for one or two titles for each console to keep me going for the month.

WatchDogs would have been perfect (assuming the game was good) as it would likely have left me with Fifa, WatchDogs, KillZone and NFS (on the PS4) - sports, open world, fps, racing. AC BlackFlag not sure on to replace WatchDogs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Maybe wait for the reviews of AC4 this week for the current gen versions. At least it will give you an indication on whether its an improvement on 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'm going to get Forza, Dead Rising 3 and either COD or BF4.

In the middle of AC3 at the minute and as usual after a very messy, disjointed starting few hours it's settling into a decent enough game. Ubisoft's problem is that they they think you only play AC and that there's no wait between games. They assume you remember too much from the last game and so it's only when you're half way through the games that the combat becomes fluid and satisfying after spending hours just trying to counter because I don't know a better way to fight 16 redcoats at once.

That's my experience anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Going with Fifa, Forza and Battlefield for launch. BF4 being my replacement for Watch Dogs, boo urns.

I'm hoping to snag a day one console in Argos on the 22nd and cancel my amazon standard edition order.

In the middle of AC3 at the minute and as usual after a very messy, disjointed starting few hours it's settling into a decent enough game. Ubisoft's problem is that they they think you only play AC and that there's no wait between games. They assume you remember too much from the last game and so it's only when you're half way through the games that the combat becomes fluid and satisfying after spending hours just trying to counter because I don't know a better way to fight 16 redcoats at once.

That's my experience anyways.

I'm really only just after becoming the Assassin in it, so probably not given it a fair go to be honest - just after the part where you get your own (rebuilt) boat. The thought of having to hunt and trade though.... ugh. Also find it difficult to know what the hell I am to be doing in it.

Really need to finish it, Uncharted 3 and Last of Us - mainly the latter two so I can get rid of the PS3 for some gaming cash....

I'm really only just after becoming the Assassin in it, so probably not given it a fair go to be honest - just after the part where you get your own (rebuilt) boat. The thought of having to hunt and trade though.... ugh. Also find it difficult to know what the hell I am to be doing in it.

Really need to finish it, Uncharted 3 and Last of Us - mainly the latter two so I can get rid of the PS3 for some gaming cash....

Ha Ha I'm just finished GTA 5 and then have to start TLOU, will be putting PS3 and those games on adverts when I finish TLOU to get money towards the Xbone.

• Advertisement

I was the same until last night and that's where the messy, disjointed start begins to give way to a structured, more focused game. Stick at it. If you switch to The Last of Us you won't go back. Last of Us is a masterpiece imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement