Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Xenji wrote: »
    You're not quite right with that, if the incoming signal matches the native resolution of the display exactly, such as when a 1080p HDTV displays a 1080i HDTV channel or a 1080p signal from a Blu-ray player, no scaling occurs. It only upscales when the incoming signal is below 1080p such as a SD DVD or a 720p game.

That pretty much exactly what I said. If there is 1080p content on PS3 (Bluray) out she goes at 1080p. If there's 720p or 576i then the PS3 will also output (key wording here) to a 1080p HDTV.

BF4 could well be native 1080p - but what you highlighted in the image is far from definitive and confirms nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

That pretty much exactly what I said. If there is 1080p content on PS3 (Bluray) out she goes at 1080p. If there's 720p or 576i then the PS3 will also output (key wording here) to a 1080p HDTV.

BF4 could well be native 1080p - but what you highlighted in the image is far from definitive and confirms nothing.

Sorry read it wrong, yeah I agree with you, would not be the first time either that they have made mistakes like that on the PSN and might not be true, but if it is, it will be going along with what Dice has previously stated that they will not settle for cross platform parity and if they can make one version look better they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Which is quite sad in a way. There's no way console gaming of the 2000s will ever be held with the same romantic nostalgia as that of the 1980s and 1990s where the games were the one and only focus.
    Well, it is still about the games, really. I guess it depends how you use DF. I use it as a tool for "which system should I buy the game for" so it is really about the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

What was the frame rate for BF3 on current gen, 30fps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

What was the frame rate for BF3 on current gen, 30fps?

Yup and it 60fps and 64 players on next gen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

youll only get to use the dedicated servers if you are close enough to one of them. id love to see the locations of all european servers..

MarkY91 wrote: »
    youll only get to use the dedicated servers if you are close enough to one of them. id love to see the locations of all european servers..

I. Say it be fine our data center in dublin be up and running in 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

rob808 wrote: »
    I. Say it be fine our data center in dublin be up and running in 2015

Is the xbox not using the one that's there already.
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/emea/presscentre/pressreleases/DublinDataCentrePR_240909.mspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

So why are people bitching as to what will look better on either console?

60 fps on a console holding 64 players is a bargain compared to the PC equivalent which will probably cost twice that to run the same game on 60fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

60 fps on a console holding 64 players is a bargain compared to the PC equivalent which will probably cost twice that to run the same game on 60fps.

Don't get why people are moaning over a rumour :pac: specially since that rumour is COD will be 720p instead of 1040p
    as if the better graphics will help the games background ruble and crap look slightly better :pac: its cod, it has never been known for its graphics, its probably one of the worst graphical games ever released considering its released yearly
    and yet people are crying over a few pixals

games like forza, battlefield have already been confirmed for 1040p 60fps (forza not sure if it was 30 or 60) so its quite clear that the xbox one can handle it

all this over a rumour

• Advertisement

Don't really know guess it because they want it at 60fps and 1080p which won't happen it a port of Bf4 of the PC Dice didn't have much time so it 720p at 60fps.I think maybe BF5 will be 1080p because they know a few tricks to get what they want of course by then PC gamers be gaming at 4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Don't get why people are moaning over a rumour :pac: specially since that rumour is COD will be 720p instead of 1040p
    as if the better graphics will help the games background ruble and crap look slightly better :pac: its cod, it has never been known for its graphics, its probably one of the worst graphical games ever released considering its released yearly
    and yet people are crying over a few pixals

The point is that because it's not a graphically intense game it should be able to run at 1080p. So this either means IW are incompetent developers, or the X1 is harder to develop for. I don't think it's weak enough to not be able to run at 60/1080, so let's assume the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd say they'll be happy enough to settle on 1040p.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

The point is that because it's not a graphically intense game it should be able to run at 1080p. So this either means IW are incompetent developers, or the X1 is harder to develop for. I don't think it's weak enough to not be able to run at 60/1080, so let's assume the latter.

but its a rumour
    it has not been confirmed
    was said by an unknown source

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

but its a rumour

It's been said by three insiders at NeoGAF, one of which being CBOAT.
    I think the most telling thing though is the fact that its gotten this big and Infinity Ward have yet to comment on it, and two MS execs have danced around the question.

I do hope it is wrong, nobody benefits from it if it is only 720p.

It's been said by three insiders at NeoGAF, one of which being CBOAT.
    I think the most telling thing though is the fact that its gotten this big and Infinity Ward have yet to comment on it, and two MS execs have danced around the question.

I do hope it is wrong, nobody benefits from it if it is only 720p.

The same people were also right about Watchdogs and Drive Club being delayed, but till it is official we have to take it as rumours at the moment.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

but its a rumour

With so many x1 rumours to date being quite accurate I find it difficult to fall back on the it's just a rumour line, I'm more in the you know what - it's probably true camp, the super cynical part of me is just waiting for those "cloud computing" buzzwords to be trotted out in a future press release on the subject.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Well, development of Cod has been spread over about ten different teams for a few years now, it's the only way to get a game of this size out once every two years.

Add the fact that you've got to code for two new consoles, and i can't really blame anyone involved for any delays /shortcuts.

From what i gather, the playstation 4 does have better development tools, and an easier development cycle. It really is a masterstroke from Sony, particularly as they aren't know for their software.

To be honest, if someone had said a year ago that Sonys SDK would be better than Microsofts, I'd have said they were crazy.

Again though, i still think that this cycle won't shake out due to graphics, nor do i think that it will shake out for at least two years.

If it were a game I cared about it would be a big deal to me, especially if I was still choosing one console for launch (or thereabouts). As has been said, if it's true it raises a question over Infinity Ward or the Xbox One. Either way it's not something Sony will be able to use to market the PS4 really, I can't imagine Activision being happy about that.

If it's true and the word spreads, it could be a problem for Microsoft at a time where everything comes into question at this stage of the "console wars".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Over 500 paid off my preorder with games i wanted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Grayditch wrote: »
    If it were a game I cared about it would be a big deal to me, especially if I was still choosing one console for launch (or thereabouts).
    I can definitely see the merit in that argument. I'm just thinking of games from the 360 and PS3 that were exclusive to those consoles, and what kind of games we will see as exclusive on the next gen. If those exclusives can be used as a metric for next gen and we have an option of either getting X title or not because it is 720p, for instance, I'm just laughing at the idea of passing because it isn't 1080p. It isn't a dealbreaker to me at all. Maybe it is for others, but I really do think that'd be your loss. You in general, rather than you specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Some difference huh! Cant bloody wait.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    It isn't a dealbreaker to me at all. Maybe it is for others, but I really do think that'd be your loss. You in general, rather than you specifically.

Well it'd be their gain, if they're the type of people who only play COD, which sadly some people do. They'll never really care about exclusives on either console. Titanfall and Killzone, both of which look great won't get a look in because they "Aren't COD".

But the rumour is yet to be confirmed, then it would need to catch on in layman's terms "Looks wai bettur on PS4" for it to become a problem. It is kinda funny, considering how simple the graphics look anyway. From what I've seen, it seems the biggest shooter franchise is a lazy one, so yeah. Obviously they know COD KIDS don't care, they'll buy it anyway, which makes the whole problem theory possibly void anyway.

The exclusive content that the PS4 is getting for AC4 and Watchdogs is timed and will appear on other consoles after 6 months.
    Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag and Watch Dogs will each feature downloadable content that will be exclusive to PlayStation platforms for six months. That’s according to small print spotted by the eagle-eyed Shack News in the US version of yesterday’s PS4 promotional video that focused on the platform’s exclusives.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/24/assassins-creed-4-and-watch-dogs-have-playstation-dlc-exclusive-for-six-months/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I wouldn't be too worried anyway if I was picking up an Xbox.. generally the exclusive content is distinctly average.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭hardweir

This cboat guy on neogaf says that 720p will be the norm for the xbox ones life cycle and is brought about by the esram being a bitch to work with and the fact that the gpu is underpowered compared to the ps4.

Wont stifle my enjoyment of the games on the xbox one but annoys me to think that the cost of bundling something i will never use,namely kinnect could have gone towards a better gpu and some ddr5.

And now for some better news,jackfrags is in stockholm at the moment playing the next gen versions of bf4.He will be posting videos of these from friday on.

http://mp1st.com/2013/10/23/battlefield-4-flood-zone-gameplay-incoming-friday-xbox-one-ps4-follow/

Finally some next gen footage to whet the appetite.:D

NBA 2k14 has been confirmed as running at 1080p on both the X1 and PS4, so not all X1 games will be running at 720p.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xenji wrote: »
    NBA 2k14 has been confirmed as running at 1080p on both the X1 and PS4, so not all X1 games will be running at 720p.

Forza is 1080p at 60fps as well isn't it?

Forza is 1080p at 60fps as well isn't it?

Yeah it is, just seems like the shooters are coming up short.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Peggle 2. I forgot that this a day one for me also!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement