Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Video won't play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Dead Rising 3 TV AD:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Might as well just post the vid here. It's a pretty good ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Might as well just post the vid here. It's a pretty good ad.

Liked that so I did :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Serious lack of games in that ad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Paramount clearly signed a deal with Microsoft to promote Star Trek into Darkness. It pops up here again (as it did at the reveal of XboxOne).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

RasTa wrote: »
    Serious lack of games in that ad.

Well, it's not really selling the games, it's selling the concept of Xbox One. There'll be individual games adds as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

CatInABox wrote: »
    Well, it's not really selling the games, it's selling the concept of Xbox One. There'll be individual games adds as well.

Agreed, its not an add about games a such. It is for the console itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

CatInABox wrote: »
    Well, it's not really selling the games, it's selling the concept of Xbox One.

I think this angle from MS what has me buying a PS4 before an Xbox One. As a gamer, I get irritated by the entertainment side of things, which I have well sorted in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

logik wrote: »
    Agreed, its not an add about games a such. It is for the console itself.

0 consoles now to be sold in Manchester ;) watched the ad in the break room today with a few colleagues and had one colleague stand up when he saw Steven Gerrard and said he was going to cancel his pre order :eek: he seemed serious as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I agree,

some people might like xbox one .. but for me I prefer to have things separate,

laptop for internet, mp3 player for music, box for TV and gaming console for games, tablet for social stuff and phone for calls.

I am already annoyed by PS4 forcing this social crap, but it's not as bad as microsoft forcing their own stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭hardweir

I wish they would stop pushing Titanfall in all their promo stuff,a lot of my friends now think its out at launch or before xmas.

Its not helping my personal waiting game either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭hardweir

198321 wrote: »
    I agree,

some people might like xbox one .. but for me I prefer to have things separate,

laptop for internet, mp3 player for music, box for TV and gaming console for games, tablet for social stuff and phone for calls.

I am already annoyed by PS4 forcing this social crap, but it's not as bad as microsoft forcing their own stuff.

No way to avoid it really tbh,its going to pop up on both machines.Your only option then is to buy neither one.

I dont have anytime for that social crap either so i will just avoid it and play bf4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Xenji wrote: »
    0 consoles now to be sold in Manchester ;) watched the ad in the break room today with a few colleagues and had one colleague stand up when he saw Steven Gerrard and said he was going to cancel his pre order :eek: he seemed serious as well.

Haha, some people are mad!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

What an idiot he must be, I'm a lifelong MU fan and I think Stevie Gerrard is a class player and would be welcome at old Trafford:D

ShaunC wrote: »
    What an idiot he must be, I'm a lifelong MU fan and I think Stevie Gerrard is a class player and would be welcome at old Trafford:D

Christ and I am leaving it at this for fear of the thread going off track and as a Man U fan, you are in the tiny majority, no fan wants him and if Microsoft only got him, it says a lot about their marketing campaign when they could use far better players such as Messi and Ronaldo with actual star power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

ShaunC wrote: »

Ah but he was never a top top player.....

SAF

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Christ and I am leaving it at this for fear of the thread going off track and as a Man U fan, you are in the tiny majority, no fan wants him and if Microsoft only got him, it says a lot about their marketing campaign when they could use far better players such as Messi and Ronaldo with actual star power.

You are really starting to clutch at straws now for criticism of the XB1

it says a lot about their marketing campaign when they could use far better players such as Messi and Ronaldo with actual star power.

Welcome to how I felt about all the Rooney FIFA covers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

If seeing stevie g on an xbox advert makes you not want to buy a great piece of new tech just because your a man u fan or what ever fan your friend is, well then yes he is an idiot,
    how did you not expect these responses ? basing your buying decision because a football star (and yes he is a star and im not a liverpool fan, I despise liverpool) is promoting the product just shows how much of an idiot your friend is really
    what would happen if sony done the same, with say andy carroll promoting the ps4 (ex liverpool)
    would that stop him from buying both next gen consoles ?

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    If seeing stevie g on an xbox advert makes you not want to buy a great piece of new tech just because your a man u fan or what ever fan your friend is, well then yes he is an idiot,
    how did you not expect these responses ? basing your buying decision because a football star (and yes he is a star and im not a liverpool fan, I despise liverpool) is promoting the product just shows how much of an idiot your friend is really
    what would happen if sony done the same, with say andy carroll promoting the ps4 (ex liverpool)
    would that stop him from buying both next gen consoles ?

Thankfully he is a work colleague not a friend

Davei141 wrote: »
    You are really starting to clutch at straws now for criticism of the XB1

It was a observation more than a criticism, if you want people clutching at straws go visit Neogaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

People who buy or abstain from buying a console on the basis of what celebrity is on an advert are (some of) the drecks of the gaming world.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Pushtrak wrote: »
    People who buy or abstain from buying a console on the basis of what celebrity is on an advert are (some of) the drecks of the gaming world.

Depends on who it was and for what, if it's just a case of not liking someone then it's a bit stupid but if they were an outright bastard then that's different; doping, criminal, bigot.

For people who are still wondering why most games will not be in 60fps for the time being.
    Digital Foundry: There were hopes that next-gen console would target 60fps - something John Carmack mentioned in his QuakeCon keynote this year. Can you talk us through the thinking behind Ryse as a 30fps game?

Cevat Yerli: Developers always have to choose whether they go for 60 or 30fps, depending on the type of game and complexity of the project. With Ryse, we wanted to go for a very emotional experience with complex and dramatic lighting, high fidelity environments, and rich characters and character animations. So 30fps was our choice, and we believe that most developers will go for richer worlds at 30 frames per second rather than 60fps - which would call for compromises, as 60fps demands twice the amount of compute rendering speed. 30fps is a standard that is above, for example, what most cinemas use for showing films. Early demos with higher frame-rate experiences have shown that gamers and viewers have a mixed opinion about its perceived quality - for example, how 48fps cinema experiences were received. So it's both a production design choice as well as user research.

Digital Foundry: What is your experience with the ESRAM on Xbox One? How do you utilise it in Ryse? Is 32MB really enough for the high-bandwidth rendering elements you'd want to utilise? How important is allocating graphics between DDR3 and ESRAM for Xbox One development?

Cevat Yerli: We put our most accessed render targets like the G-Buffer targets into ESRAM. Writing to ESRAM yields a considerable speed-up. While 32MB may not be enough to use something like MSAA to the fullest, with a smart memory management strategy it is possible to deal with that.

Full article here, it is quite interesting, but he seems to be doing more PR work then going deep into specifics.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-crytek-the-next-generation

Love Liverpool. Hate United. Still does nothing for me. Good looking games do, however, and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Grayditch wrote: »
    Love Liverpool. Hate United. Still does nothing for me. Good looking games do, however, and that's it.

20-18

23 years

Your not famous anymore ;)

20-18

23 years

Your not famous anymore ;)

My not famous what?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Ah heyor. Who decided to bring Pool/United debate into an Xbox/PS4 debate?

Apocalyptic mistake.

• Advertisement

Ah heyor. Who decided to bring Pool/United debate into an Xbox/PS4 debate?

Haha. Who's having an Xbox vs PS4 debate? Sure that's not allowed either!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement