Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Popped into Smyths to check where I was on the list. Fifth!! BOOM!!!!! Hello November 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Xenji wrote: »
    Thankfully he is a work colleague not a friend

whats his address
    I wanna send him a life sized poster of stevie g:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Popped into Smyths to check where I was on the list. Fifth!! BOOM!!!!! Hello November 22nd.

I hope not fifth and last at the same time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Christ and I am leaving it at this for fear of the thread going off track and as a Man U fan, you are in the tiny majority, no fan wants him and if Microsoft only got him, it says a lot about their marketing campaign when they could use far better players such as Messi and Ronaldo with actual star power.

Do you reckon that Messi and Ronaldo were approached by MS but decided not to because the peak GPU shader throughput of 1.31 teraFLOPs/s was puny in comparison to the PS4's 1.81? I think that this could definitely be the case, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

On the whole resolution debate, an ex IGN editor is saying on Twitter that CoD and Battlefield 4 are 720p on Xbox One.

https://twitter.com/ManaByte

He says Microsoft has pushed out embargos on X1 reviews until closer to launch to keep this mum as long as possible.

• Advertisement

LookingFor wrote: »
    On the whole resolution debate, an ex IGN editor is saying on Twitter that CoD and Battlefield 4 are 720p on Xbox One.

https://twitter.com/ManaByte

He says Microsoft has pushed out embargos on X1 reviews until closer to launch to keep this mum as long as possible.

will wait until its confirmed tbh, too many rumors if im honest

don't care for cod been 720p as its not like the graphics are good anyway
    but bf4 on 720p would be disappointing as it looks great from the gameplay vids on next gen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

but bf4 on 720p would be disappointing as it looks great from the gameplay vids on next gen

We will know for sure on the 12th when the review embargo is lifted.

This is the thread from Neogaf about Jeremy Conrad stating BF4 and CoD will be in 720p http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704641

CBOAT again was the first person to say this about the games being 720p and it is not the first time he has gotten stuff like this right either, although he has also got some stuff wrong, but he claimed in the thread too that there is a whole host of technical issues going on with the X1 which he will reveal at a later date, could be all bull****, but he does have a good track record with this stuff, pinch of salt and all that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

You can pretty much guarantee it, so many of the rumors have been true, but it doesn't matter, though. They're only the first games out, they've yet to be optimised. The only way the PS4 is doing 1080p is because it's 50% more powerful, so it's easier to take advantage of that in the short term. I'm sure they'll all end up being 1080p in a few years, max.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Found out today in Gamestop that the games will be mandatory install. Ryse needs 56GB of space!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

madcabbage wrote: »
    Found out today in Gamestop that the games will be mandatory install. Ryse needs 56GB of space!!! :eek:

what? are you mad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

At least the installs will be done in the background while playing. It isn't like you'll have to wait for a while before playing.

Nolars wrote: »
    what? are you mad

Been known for awhile, Forza and Dead Rising need 35 gigs apiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Been known for awhile, Forza and Dead Rising need 35 gigs apiece.

and whats the harddrive 500gb. I suppose most people don't play more than 2 or 3 games at a time. Wouldn't be an issue for me neway.

Nolars wrote: »
    and whats the harddrive 500gb. I suppose most people don't play more than 2 or 3 games at a time. Wouldn't be an issue for me neway.
    See, that's an easy thing to think, but I think there is a better way to look at it. If you can play a game while it is installing just as if it were already installed, the hard drive space issue becomes much less of a concern. You don't have to think "damn, I had to delete that to save space" if you can just fire it up and play/install whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    You can pretty much guarantee it, so many of the rumors have been true, but it doesn't matter, though. They're only the first games out, they've yet to be optimised. The only way the PS4 is doing 1080p is because it's 50% more powerful, so it's easier to take advantage of that in the short term. I'm sure they'll all end up being 1080p in a few years, max.

50% now is it? Seems to go up by the day :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Agreed, a comment of 50% is just laughable.

Allegedly the GPU is 50 percent more powerful, but that has been said for months, although Digital Foundry did confirm that they found the PS4 to have close to 50% more peak performance than the X1 in tests they ran and so did Gaijin Entertainment, time will tell though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Allegedly the GPU is 50 percent more powerful, but that has been said for months, although Digital Foundry did confirm that they found the PS4 to have close 50% more peak performance than the X1 in tests they ran and so did Gaijin Entertainment, time will tell though.

If xbox one is less powerful who cares the exclusives are generally muck with sony well apart from uncharted and the last of us that is

If xbox one is less powerful who cares the exclusives are generally muck with sony well apart from uncharted and the last of us that is
    I was happy with the PS3 for the JRPG exclusives. I was happy with the 360 for the same reason.

• Advertisement

exclusives are more or less opinions
    alot of people would say the same for halo,gears etc... that their muck and milked to bits :pac: (xbox360 owner here btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's subjective as 2Mad suggested, but I still lolled at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Took the plunge today and ordered an xbox, could of gotten a PS4 Xmas week too but decided on the xbox because Gran Turismo is coming out on PS3 in December and there's no date for a PS4 version. So I'll be getting FIFA with the console (can't get the Forza one over here :mad:) and Forza separate.

I've been a PS fan for years so this is a big change! The only things I'll be annoyed to miss is any new God of War, Little Big Planet and Gran Turismo.

Can anyone in here tell me, is Killer Instinct download only? I may invest in that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Can anyone in here tell me, is Killer Instinct download only? I may invest in that too!

Hi Graham,

Yeah Killer Instinct is a kind of free to play download title from what I have heard, you get one character to play and you have to pay for the other characters that you want or buy a kind of season pass thing that gives you all the characters and bonuses etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Hi Graham,

Yeah Killer Instinct is a kind of free to play download title from what I have heard, you get one character to play and you have to pay for the other characters that you want or buy a kind of season pass thing that gives you all the characters and bonuses etc....

Cool, I was curious as to the free to play download was. After I posted that I saw it available to preorder the physical game. I'll have Forza and FIFA but I may buy Battlefield too.

I won't have it until Xmas anyway so I may get a few games in before

It's been said to be that for months and months now. It's undeniable it's got a good power advantage on the xbox, but I thought everyone accepted and was over that?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    It's been said to be that for months and months now. It's undeniable it's got a good power advantage on the xbox, but I thought everyone accepted and was over that?

But you said 50%. If you're going to be specific, expect to be refuted.

But you said 50%. If you're going to be specific, expect to be refuted.
    I'll stick by it. The GPU is 50% more capable than it alone, that's just a fact

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭hardweir

Good read here for a Sunday morning,might calm some people's nerves.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-secret-developers-what-hardware-balance-actually-means-for-game-creators

Cant wait to get my xbox in fairness and hopefully when people get hands on all this bickering and 720p/1080p crap will go out the window although i can see it getting worse before it gets better :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

If COD or BF4 are not 720p, but 1080 on Xbox one, I am sure Microsoft would be very quickly to say the rumor is not true as it is doing lots of damage.

Honestly I wouldn't probably see the difference between 720 and 1080, but since it's next gen and is supposed to last for few years I would not buy something that is unable to run games at 1080. And games are going to look better and better, what they gonna do than? Run it at 360p? :D

(yes yes, they have to optimize it, but it's not like microsoft decided what hardware they are going to use 2 months ago, they did have lots of time)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement