Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

198321 wrote: »
    If COD or BF4 are not 720p, but 1080 on Xbox one, I am sure Microsoft would be very quickly to say the rumor is not true as it is doing lots of damage.

Honestly I wouldn't probably see the difference between 720 and 1080, but since it's next gen and is supposed to last for few years I would not buy something that is unable to run games at 1080. And games are going to look better and better, what they gonna do than? Run it at 360p? :D

(yes yes, they have to optimize it, but it's not like microsoft decided what hardware they are going to use 2 months ago, they did have lots of time)
    But optimization is a big deal, that's how games get better and better looking as time goes on, on the same hardware. Give it a year or two and they'll be in 1080p too. I doubt the PS4 is any more optimized either, it's just more powerful, so it can do more right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

But you said 50%. If you're going to be specific, expect to be refuted.

It's the same thing being reported in a different way and reposted incorrectly.

Saying the PS4 is ~50% faster is the same as saying the ONE is ~30% slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

198321 wrote: »
    I hope not fifth and last at the same time :rolleyes:

Well, I couldn't see but judging by the really small side scroll bar, there were many many more preorders too.

Not an Xbox fan I take it?

Can anyone in here tell me, is Killer Instinct download only? I may invest in that too!

It's download only but if your a collectors nut like I am, you can buy the Pin Ultimate Edition:

http://m.joystiq.com/2013/10/12/limited-killer-instinct-boxed-version-holds-pins-instead-of-a-di/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

...seems legit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Cool, I was curious as to the free to play download was. After I posted that I saw it available to preorder the physical game. I'll have Forza and FIFA but I may buy Battlefield too.

I won't have it until Xmas anyway so I may get a few games in before

Not sure where you found a physical copy as it will be download only, if it is the Killer Instinct 'Pin Ultimate Edition' you just get a voucher to download the game in it, not a physical copy.

Will not really affect us with the later release date, but all X1 reviews have been embargoed till the 12th of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Xenji wrote: »
    Not sure where you found a physical copy as it will be download only, if it is the Killer Instinct 'Pin Ultimate Edition' you just get a voucher to download the game in it, not a physical copy.

Well...a box of pins is physical :D

Well...a box of pins is physical :D

Yep two pins and a physical folio as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭KIERAN1

This is the thread from Neogaf about Jeremy Conrad stating BF4 and CoD will be in 720p http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704641

CBOAT again was the first person to say this about the games being 720p and it is not the first time he has gotten stuff like this right either, although he has also got some stuff wrong, but he claimed in the thread too that there is a whole host of technical issues going on with the X1 which he will reveal at a later date, could be all bull****, but he does have a good track record with this stuff, pinch of salt and all that :)

There is an issue with resolutions. But it seem the issues are with PS4 and Sony, not X box at this time. Read the link.

Tweets From Journalist Hint Towards Impending "Bad News" Related to PS4 And Sony?

http://www.gamepur.com/news/12573-bad-news-regarding-industry-incoming-possibly-ps4-and-sony-related.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

ouhhhh, a rumour of a rumour :D

KIERAN1 wrote: »
    There is an issue with resolutions. But it seem the issues are with PS4 and Sony, not X box at this time. Read the link.

Tweets From Journalist Hint Towards Impending "Bad News" Related to PS4 And Sony?

http://www.gamepur.com/news/12573-bad-news-regarding-industry-incoming-possibly-ps4-and-sony-related.html

The only issue I took from that is about YouTube and something Marcus Beer has said and if it was anyone else I would go ok, but he is a right miserable ****er these days, CBOAT stated he was talking about the X1, would actually of liked to see some PS4 rumours to add too the suspense, but there really have been none.

ouhhhh, a rumour of a rumour :D

Just the games press trying to make themselves relevant in a world of Neogaf leaks and youtuber's "let's plays".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Well, I couldn't see but judging by the really small side scroll bar, there were many many more preorders too.

Not an Xbox fan I take it?

No, I'm not. But I don't hate Microsoft or xbox. In fact I was hoping to buy xbox one instead of PS4, even managed to preorder Forza day one bundle (now canceled).

I think console itself is fine, just Microsoft marketing is doing lots of damage. I find it hard to understand as they pay millions to super clever marketing department.

I also dont think anybody can say which one is better yet, but I would like to see Microsoft fighting a little bit harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yer man Cboat should come clean with whatever info he has instead of "wait til launch". What good is this oracle after the fact.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yer man Cboat should come clean with whatever info he has instead of "wait til launch". What good is this oracle after the fact.

He usually does a big post at the start of every month and after somebody translates his gibberish we might know some more.

I know he seems to get stuff right and know his stuff, but I find it so hard to take someone seriously who types like that.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I know he seems to get stuff right and know his stuff, but I find it so hard to take someone seriously who types like that.

He does it on purpose to keep people from imitating him and taking claim for his information, he is obviously somebody well in the know though and probably gets a great kick out of releasing this stuff.

I suppose that make sense. Also it probably stops people identifing him at work or whatever, though his posting style. I'd love to know where he works.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Are any of the stores selling it with Forza instead of Fifa. Apologies if this has been asked already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    It's been said to be that for months and months now. It's undeniable it's got a good power advantage on the xbox, but I thought everyone accepted and was over that?

Where has it been proven to be 50% slower so I can get over it too.

Where has it been proven to be 50% slower so I can get over it too.
    PlayStation 4 is currently around 50 per cent faster than its rival Xbox One. Multiple high-level game development sources have described the difference in performance between the consoles as “significant” and “obvious.”

Our contacts have told us that memory reads on PS4 are 40-50 per cent quicker than Xbox One, and its ALU (Arithmetic Logic Unit) is around 50 per cent faster. One basic example we were given suggested that without optimisation for either console, a platform-agnostic development build can run at around 30FPS in 1920×1080 on PS4, but it’ll run at “20-something” FPS in 1600×900 on Xbox One. “Xbox One is weaker and it’s a pain to use its ESRAM,” concluded one developer.

Microsoft is aware of the problem and, having recently upped the clock speed of Xbox One, is working hard to close the gap on PS4, though one developer we spoke to downplayed the move. “The clock speed update is not significant, it does not change things that much,” he said. “Of course, something is better than nothing.”

http://www.edge-online.com/news/power-struggle-the-real-differences-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-performance/

Digital Foundry also confirmed this fact in tests they did http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-spec-analysis-xbox-one

A lot of developers have said the same things, but we will not know the full truth till they both come out and can be equally compared

le sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

http://www.edge-online.com/news/power-struggle-the-real-differences-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-performance/

Digital Foundry also confirmed this fact in tests they did http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-spec-analysis-xbox-one

A lot of developers have said the same things, but we will not know the full truth till they both come out and can be equally compared

Thanks, but didn't see any proof there, just something their "contacts" have told them.

Thanks, but didn't see any proof there, just something their "contacts" have told them.

Have a look at the Digital Foundry article, they were given a hands on with both consoles to run tests on.

The only issue I took from that is about YouTube and something Marcus Beer has said and if it was anyone else I would go ok, but he is a right miserable ****er these days, CBOAT stated he was talking about the X1, would actually of liked to see some PS4 rumours to add too the suspense, but there really have been none.

Cboat, claims often are wrong. But with certain rumours he's been right on the money, about it.

The issue as far, as i understand it to be is Sony is restricting access to its console prior to launch and after. Gaming journalists are not allowed to do video reviews or any analysis at all of the PS4 before launch.

Why not?

PS4 has a better GPU its the reason why the PS4 is slightly more powerful.

The XB1 has a better CPU

The PS4 has 8gigs of GDDR5- about 50 per cent better performance than 8gigs of DDR3

32MB of ESRAM is an issue at the moment. And its likely the reason why there is resolution problems with the XB1 at launch. Developers from what i heard haven't the proper tools yet to tap into this adequately. But this will be ironed out after launch.

Specs are not as important as some think. If multiplatform games looked better on one console to the other. Then i could understand the frustration. Gamers will not care, if Battlefield 4 or COD look identical on both consoles!

First party games are exclusive to one console or another. So comparisons will be irrelevant.

Yep two pins and a physical folio as well :pac:

With empty spaces for many more pins......Good God what's wrong with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Cboat, claims often are wrong. But with certain rumours he's been right on the money, about it.

The issue as far, as i understand it to be is Sony is restricting access to its console prior to launch and after. Gaming journalists are not allowed to do video reviews or any analysis at all of the PS4 before launch.

Why not?

If that's true, that's a really ****ty and worrying thing to do.

• Advertisement

The XB1 has a better CPU

It's the same CPU, the ONE's clock speed is known the PS4's final speed isn't yet; MS have said 1.75GHz and the only numbers for the PS4 is a maximum of 2.75GHz from a FCC filing and 1.6GHz last Feb.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement