Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

198321 wrote: »
    No, I'm not. But I don't hate Microsoft or xbox. In fact I was hoping to buy xbox one instead of PS4, even managed to preorder Forza day one bundle (now canceled).

I think console itself is fine, just Microsoft marketing is doing lots of damage. I find it hard to understand as they pay millions to super clever marketing department.

I also dont think anybody can say which one is better yet, but I would like to see Microsoft fighting a little bit harder.

Fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

KIERAN1 wrote: »
    Cboat, claims often are wrong. But with certain rumours he's been right on the money, about it.

The issue as far, as i understand it to be is Sony is restricting access to its console prior to launch and after. Gaming journalists are not allowed to do video reviews or any analysis at all of the PS4 before launch.

Why not?

Really, they must be very mad with Tech Radar and a dozen more sites that have been given the PS4 to review or have been allowed review it at the likes of E3 and have reviews up on their sites right now :pac:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/gaming/games-consoles/ps4-1131803/review

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/08/hands-on-ps4-review-playstation-4/

It is Microsoft that are embargoing games reviews till the 12th of November that you really have to worry about.

Plus there has been no mention at all of that on Neogaf as regards the PS4, if there was even a hint of it being true they would have a 100+ page thread on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭KIERAN1

Xenji wrote: »
    Really, they must be very mad with Tech Radar and a dozen more sites that have been given the PS4 to review or have been allowed review it at the likes of E3 and have reviews up on their sites right now :pac:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/gaming/games-consoles/ps4-1131803/review

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/08/hands-on-ps4-review-playstation-4/

It is Microsoft that are embargoing games reviews till the 12th of November that you really have to worry about.

Plus there has been no mention at all of that on Neogaf as regards the PS4, if there was even a hint of it being true they would have a 100+ page thread on it now.

No there not genuine reviews of the console. All the information on the sites you posted, is information we already know. Sony usually sends out consoles to gaming journalists to test out prior to launch, but there not doing it this time. There restricting all access to their console prior to launch.

Neogaf is pro Sony. Lot of posters on there are having a hard time even understanding what the issue is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

No there not genuine reviews of the console. All the information on the sites you posted, is information we already know. Sony usually sends out consoles to gaming journalists to test out prior to launch, but there not doing it this time. There restricting all access to their console prior to launch.

Neogaf is pro Sony. Lot of posters on there are having a hard time even understanding what the issue is.
    I think you're trying to find a conspiracy in nothing. Isn't the xbox embargoed till the 12th anyway?

I don't see either company as suspect really, tbh

What information that we do not already know are you looking for then, you have gaming kiosks for the PS4 in stores now and no problems have been reported with them., same with the X1, although there does seem to be a problem with Forza on them, but they both work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Who gives a **** what gpu power etc is sure the 360 was underpowered compared to ps3 but the games on both generally looked far better on xbox

Who gives a **** what gpu power etc is sure the 360 was underpowered compared to ps3 but the games on both generally looked far better on xbox

If anything, the PS3 & the 360 have the exact same specs between each other. Only reason why 1st/2nd party games on the PS3 looked better than most games on the 360 was because that Sony's developers had more experience & talent in hardware than what MS does within their 1st/2nd party developers.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I think you're trying to find a conspiracy in nothing. Isn't the xbox embargoed till the 12th anyway?

I don't see either company as suspect really, tbh

Read this it will inform you.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/594081-adam-sesslers-freak-out-is-indicative-of-a-rushed-ps4-launch

Xenji wrote: »
    If anything, the PS3 & the 360 have the exact same specs between each other. Only reason why 1st/2nd party games on the PS3 looked better than most games on the 360 was because that Sony's developers had more experience & talent in hardware than what MS does within their 1st/2nd party developers.
    I thought it was because the PS3 was far harder to make games for, that's not a problem anymore. The PS4 games will always look better now.

Rushed PS4 launch? Seriously?

You could say the exact same thing about the xbox not being able to do full HD on some games and being embargoed so late. Both will be fine, get over the scaremongering and conspiracies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Rushed PS4 launch? Seriously?

You could say the exact same thing about the xbox not being able to do full HD on some games and being embargoed so late. Both will be fine, get over the scaremongering and conspiracies.

Honestly you're been a pain now. What don't you get? Gaming journalists are saying this what is going on behind the scenes and its not just one gaming journalist, saying it too.

Restricting access is not a good thing. What happens if there is an issue with the console and games are not as good as advertised? Do you not what to know the truth before you spend your money on a console?

Honestly you're been a pain now. What don't you get? Gaming journalists are saying this what is going on behind the scenes and its not just one gaming journalist, saying it too.

Restricting access is not a good thing. What happens if there is an issue with the console and games are not as good as advertised? Do you not what to know the truth before you spend your money on a console?
    They're rumors about rumors and you linked me to a ridiculous article with no basis. He's pissed off he didn't get a PS4 for free. They've an even where you go and review the console. So no, I'm not worried, just sounds like a "journalist" getting bitchy because he didn't get something for free.

You're going on about restricting access but you're ignoring that Microsoft have embargoed the X1 until the 12th. Should you be worried now too and should you not want to know the truth?

I think both will be grand, relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Glad to know Forza is native 1080p at launch. I am slightly disappointed with Titianfall possibly being 720p. I suppose it's better than the 0p on the PS4 :D

Wait for the ''Ill just get it on PC..." comment :rolleyes:

Sony's tactic has been to stay off the radar. With so much attention pointed at the XB1 there has been almost no proper scrutiny of the PS4 system. Sony have had such an easy ride thanks to Microsoft.

Sony fanboys will tell you 'there's no reason why you'd want to look under the hood' :rolleyes:
    The comments that usually come back are ''what are you expecting to find inside, a hamster in a wheel"
    It's critically important in my eyes to have a professional reviewer give some insight to how the internals work together and more importantly stay cool. Sony should be getting a round of applause for their great manufacturing of this neat little console but instead they seem to be hiding in the long grass, but why?

Awaits PS fanboy rage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Sony's tactic has been to stay off the radar. With so much attention pointed at the XB1 there has been almost no proper scrutiny of the PS4 system. Sony have had such an easy ride thanks to Microsoft.

Sony fanboys will tell you 'there's no reason why you'd want to look under the hood' :rolleyes:
    The comments that usually come back are ''what are you expecting to find inside, a hamster in a wheel"
    It's critically important in my eyes to have a professional reviewer give some insight to how the internals work together and more importantly stay cool. Sony should be getting a round of applause for their great manufacturing of this neat little console but instead they seem to be hiding in the long grass, but why?

Awaits PS fanboy rage

And you will see the internals and how they work together before it gets released, so what's the problem???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I thought it was because the PS3 was far harder to make games for, that's not a problem anymore. The PS4 games will always look better now.
    exclusives maybe
    multiplatform games
    no

get your finger out of sonys arse :pac:

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    exclusives maybe
    multiplatform games
    no

get your finger out of sonys arse :pac:

I hate this childish mudslinging. They're basically the same machine, just the PS4 is more powerful. Since they both have to be built the same way there's nothing stopping them from taking more advantage of the PS4. It's not like before when they were very different.

And if multiplatforms games are the same why is COD on the X1 720p and not 1080p?

It's not a big deal, but just call a spade a spade, the PS4 games will look better, it's got more power and it's easy to make games for now.

I hate this childish mudslinging. They're basically the same machine, just the PS4 is more powerful. Since they both have to be built the same way there's nothing stopping them from taking more advantage of the PS4. It's not like before when they were very different.

And if multiplatforms games are the same why is COD on the X1 720p and not 1080p?

It's not a big deal, but just call a spade a spade, the PS4 games will look better, it's got more power and it's easy to make games for now.

I hate it also, but your clearly just a sony fanboy here, your biased towards the ps4 (which is fair) but your just starting **** on the xbox one topic for no reason which is why your clearly a sony fanboy, which is also childish

this has not been proven yet :pac: even if it is true, its cod so you can have the 1080p on the ps4 all you want :pac:

just to clarify I am getting both, but this childish behaviour you have towards the x1 is the reason this xbox thread gets so hot headed sometimes, because of fanboys like yourself, who like to take cheap digs and believe rumours and gloat about these rumours before they have even been confirmed

while were at it,
    the ps3 is apparently more powerfull then the xbox360
    how come the 360 out preforms the ps3 on multiplatform games? even though in my eyes they both look very similar

all your doing in nit picking and taken cheap digs, your trying to justify a purchase of the ps4, why your trying to do that, is beyond me as the ps4 looks like a great console
    but for the people who are getting the x1 that annoys you doesn't it, so you just state rumours and state the ps4 is more powerful (on the x1 thread I might add) for what reason? you know your going to get people who are getting the x1 against you,
    and don't boil it down to it been this thread
    it would be the same if I went into the ps4 thread and started ranting on about how great the x1 is compared to ps4

your getting a ps4 we get it, we don't particularly care that you are, so keep your "ps4 is the superior" comments to yourself or at least discuss the x1 console in the x1 thread rather then discuss the ps4 console in the x1 thread
    go to the ps4 thread if you want to go on about the ps4, its the reason its their

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

"You're a fanboy". 'No YOU'RE a fanboy"

Seems to be the response when someone doesn't want to argue the cons or possible setbacks, downfalls of either console. Facts can easily be argued without this kind of thing and opinion can be embraced or ignored.

• Advertisement

I hate it also, but your clearly just a sony fanboy here, your biased towards the ps4 (which is fair) but your just starting **** on the xbox one topic for no reason which is why your clearly a sony fanboy, which is also childish

this has not been proven yet :pac: even if it is true, its cod so you can have the 1080p on the ps4 all you want :pac:

just to clarify I am getting both, but this childish behaviour you have towards the x1 is the reason this xbox thread gets so hot headed sometimes, because of fanboys like yourself, who like to take cheap digs and believe rumours and gloat about these rumours before they have even been confirmed

while were at it,
    the ps3 is apparently more powerfull then the xbox360
    how come the 360 out preforms the ps3 on multiplatform games? even though in my eyes they both look very similar

all your doing in nit picking and taken cheap digs, your trying to justify a purchase of the ps4, why your trying to do that, is beyond me as the ps4 looks like a great console
    but for the people who are getting the x1 that annoys you doesn't it, so you just state rumours and state the ps4 is more powerful (on the x1 thread I might add) for what reason? you know your going to get people who are getting the x1 against you,
    and don't boil it down to it been this thread
    it would be the same if I went into the ps4 thread and started ranting on about how great the x1 is compared to ps4

your getting a ps4 we get it, we don't particularly care that you are, so keep your "ps4 is the superior" comments to yourself or at least discuss the x1 console in the x1 thread rather then discuss the ps4 console in the x1 thread
    go to the ps4 thread if you want to go on about the ps4, its the reason its their
    +1
    Sometimes I think this is the PS4 thread. Why do Sony fans need to come into the Xbox threads. Tired of all the BS stats and negative posts. I ain't a sheep so I'll be getting an Xbox One. Go to the PS4 threads, you can high five each other there and slap each other with wet towels :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

+1
    Sometimes I think this is the PS4 thread. Why do Sony fans need to come into the Xbox threads. Tired of all the BS stats and negative posts. I ain't a sheep so I'll be getting an Xbox One. Go to the PS4 threads, you can high five each other there and slap each other with wet towels :D

Lol that gave me a laugh, but I agree, no need to be at each others throats over the next gen. If you want an XBO then get one, if you want a PS4 then get one. Simple as that, no need for **** talk.

You stay in your thread and we'll stay in ours!

Jaaaaaaysus! :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I seriously want the two consoles to be released already, even if just to get beyond the current "My chosen product that I have not yet used is better than your product that you have also not yet used*" arguments.

*I know some people have used the two consoles at various events, but not final consoles with finished games.

Both launch line ups are terrible. Neither console is out yet.

You win this round, PC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Video of the voice controls in "action".

See here.

While it's nice to see what you can do, I look forward to seeing how fast loading a game is while switching, as this video just shows joining the Titanfall trailer as joining the Titanfall game.

Hopefully the voice control is as responsive though, as I saw when he said "hang up", it had recognised the word "hang" before he said "up".

Grayditch wrote: »
    "You're a fanboy". 'No YOU'RE a fanboy"

Seems to be the response when someone doesn't want to argue the cons or possible setbacks, downfalls of either console. Facts can easily be argued without this kind of thing and opinion can be embraced or ignored.

I agree, but as the previous poster above my original reply to yours
    said "a spade is a spade"
    thats clearly not a comment or an opinion which can be embraced or discussed, its just trolling

I've had open debates on both sides and opinions and discussions on both consoles without trolling
    just some people can't and alot of that has come from the sony camp:pac: which alot of people would agree with, even the people who are getting the ps4 can have an open discussion without trolling like yourself and xenji,because were gamers, theirs just the small few without naming who can't stand the xbox one, which like I said is fair, but if you want to troll do it else were then on the x1 thread where their is obviously going to be backlash against it
    and when they get backlashed, they complain and say why can't we have a discussion about it, when theirs nothing to discuss (See my previous quotations) when all them small minoritys want to hear is "Sony is superior, Xbone suxxx" on this thread?:pac:
    how can you possible have a discussion with people like that

next gen is something to look forward too, unless someone actually has shares with sony/ms their can't possible be any reason to troll a thread:pac:

now ignore everything I said previously while I reply to the post above me :)

I remember seeing somewhere that voice control won't work in Ireland on day 1
    which has disappointed me as I would of loved to just hook it all up, and then say "Xbox On" would of been pretty cool
    Hopefully its very responsive, seen as our Irish accents won't help much, I remember that game End War
    loved the idea of it controlling an army by using voice only
    but everytime I played it, it never understood me, made it quite stressfull after a while as people had an advantage over me

I wonder if he we could use UK option region thing just to use the voice control I remember someone mentioning it on this thread a few pages back

logik wrote: »
    Lol that gave me a laugh, but I agree, no need to be at each others throats over the next gen. If you want an XBO then get one, if you want a PS4 then get one. Simple as that, no need for **** talk.

Nah we are just bored about the fact we do not get good rumours, it would add to the suspense, the PS4 thread is pretty boring at times and some posters need to vent.

I remember seeing somewhere that voice control won't work in Ireland on day 1
    which has disappointed me as I would of loved to just hook it all up, and then say "Xbox On" would of been pretty cool
    Hopefully its very responsive, seen as our Irish accents won't help much, I remember that game End War
    loved the idea of it controlling an army by using voice only
    but everytime I played it, it never understood me, made it quite stressfull after a while as people had an advantage over me

I wonder if he we could use UK option region thing just to use the voice control I remember someone mentioning it on this thread a few pages back
    I would be surprised if we couldn't utilise the voice controls on launch day here. Most Xbox 360's are set to English uk in the language settings so hopefully this will be the case for the Xbox One.

Some of the Xbox One localisation is being done from Microsft's Dublin HQ.

• Advertisement

Glad to know Forza is native 1080p at launch. I am slightly disappointed with Titianfall possibly being 720p. I suppose it's better than the 0p on the PS4 :D

Wait for the ''Ill just get it on PC..." comment :rolleyes:

Titanfall will be out on the PS4 by the end of the year, it is not a exclusive :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement