Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Xenji wrote: »
    Titanfall will be out on the PS4 by the end of the year, it is not a exclusive :pac:
    Link to announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Link to announcement?

Think he will find this at top of listings if he googles titanfall ps4 :P

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/quottitanfall-developers-say-ps4-doesnt-have-enoug-29416829/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Not a confirmation, merely an opinion article.

Not a confirmation, merely an opinion article.

Not many people really worried about a game that will be in 720p and does not even have a single player campaign :) But it will be out on the PS4 it has been mentioned a lot, plus they need cross platform sales as they are a new studio.

• Advertisement

Not many people really worried about a game that will be in 720p and does not even have a single player campaign :)
    LMAO, I am sure there isn't lol

lMAO, I am sure there isn't lol

You happy with a game you can only play online then and in 720p, the PS4 has CoD and BF4( both in 1080p unlike the X1) and Killzone also in 1080p, the game is not even out till next year so it is not gonna sway people to go for one console or the other. You give out about PS4 buyers, but at least we know what we are getting with our games and do not have to wait 2 days before the console comes out to find out what specs our games will be due to an embargo if in the US, not a slight about X1 buyers, the other half will be getting hers at launch and I will be using it as well, just like she will use my PS4.

Are you still convinced that the PS4 is a empty box also as we have not been shown its inside yet???

You happy with a game you can only play online then and in 720p, the PS4 has CoD and BF4( both in 1080p unlike the X1) and Killzone also in 1080p, the game is not even out till next year so it is not gonna sway people to go for one console or the other. You give out about PS4 buyers, but at least we know what we are getting with out games and do not have to wait 2 days before the console comes out to find out what specs are games will be, not a slight about X1 buyers, the other half will be getting hers at launch.
    I have not given out about playstation buyers and I often compliment Sony's plus service and also the small compact design of the PS4 has you can see from my posting history.

I have been critical about Sony's secrecy with regard to taking the lid off and showing how the console cools effectively.
    On this thread I have raised concerns about PS fans posting negative comments about the XB1 in this thread. I believe the majority of PS fans are happy to let us discuss the XB1 without the constant ''negative' posts of the day about the console.

Many games on both platforms will be 720p or 1080p, developers have said this is a design decision and is about finding balance for each game. I have no concerns there. I believe many launch titles are being rushed for release so I'd expect certain sacrifices to be made to achieve the launch window.

I think buyers of both consoles will be very happy with their purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Phil Spencer on OS and Live issues: “We are playing SP & MP nightly. Anyone can post ‘stuff’ to the web”

http://gearnuke.com/phil-spencer-os-live-issues-playing-sp-mp-nightly-anyone-can-post-stuff-web/

'The short story is that Xbox Live and the OS, especially in functions that involve XBL, are a complete F$@king mess. One source says we aren’t talking weeks until it works correctly but “months.” Things like parties dropping people when moving from one thing to another. Connectivity issues. Missed invites. Friend requests not working, etc.'

volcano-erupting-from-space-GIF.gif

One positive for xbox one is the price... reason is thats what will seal deal for parents buying little kids console so enjoy the screaming 10 year olds xenji you are welcome to them... the xbox one is a gamers machine decent controller too itsnot for those with little hands and youknow what they say about men with little hands lads ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

One positive for xbox one is the price... reason is thats what will seal deal for parents buying little kids console so enjoy the screaming 10 year olds xenji you are welcome to them... the xbox one is a gamers machine decent controller too itsnot for those with little hands and youknow what they say about men with little hands lads ;)

They wear smaller gloves? :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

the xbox one is a gamers machine decent controller too itsnot for those with little hands and youknow what they say about men with little hands lads ;)

Plus, with the new kinect, you and your friends can all virtually get together to compare sizes, the lols you'll have playing your [hand size] games.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Phil Spencer on OS and Live issues: “We are playing SP & MP nightly. Anyone can post ‘stuff’ to the web”

http://gearnuke.com/phil-spencer-os-live-issues-playing-sp-mp-nightly-anyone-can-post-stuff-web/

'The short story is that Xbox Live and the OS, especially in functions that involve XBL, are a complete F$@king mess. One source says we aren’t talking weeks until it works correctly but “months.” Things like parties dropping people when moving from one thing to another. Connectivity issues. Missed invites. Friend requests not working, etc.'

So in other words it's an unreleased platform with bugs.

Do you even code Bro?

jaffusmax wrote: »

Hmmm, the Sony fan boyz seem agitated this morning.... I wonder could this be due to the rumour that's starting to gain momentum online that states the PS4 overheats after an hour.

Personally I doubt it, it comes from online sources like this, pure drivel posted above.

Xbox live is 11 years old and has seen many improvements in its time. It's secure and it has had cross game chat for many years. I am sure that there will be many features to come that wont be there at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

/looks up...

52197-Picard-facepalm-gif-ubif.gif

Anyway, not sure if this was posted already, but a nice look at the UI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

You happy with a game you can only play online then and in 720p, the PS4 has CoD and BF4( both in 1080p unlike the X1) and Killzone also in 1080p, the game is not even out till next year so it is not gonna sway people to go for one console or the other. You give out about PS4 buyers, but at least we know what we are getting with our games and do not have to wait 2 days before the console comes out to find out what specs our games will be due to an embargo if in the US, not a slight about X1 buyers, the other half will be getting hers at launch and I will be using it as well, just like she will use my PS4.

Are you still convinced that the PS4 is a empty box also as we have not been shown its inside yet???

It's the sole reason I have preordered an Xbox One. Nothing else on the Xbox One interests me. Likewise for the PS4, the only game I am interested in is inFamous Second Son, also out next year.

Otacon wrote: »

Anyway, not sure if this was posted already, but a nice look at the UI.

Looks very good.

Kinect sports rivals vid. Very impressed. Check out 1:50 onwards when they talk about making a digital version of you, cool.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Benzino wrote: »
    It's the sole reason I have preordered an Xbox One. Nothing else on the Xbox One interests me. Likewise for the PS4, the only game I am interested in is inFamous Second Son, also out next year.

Strange you'd pre-order a console for a game due to be released next year.

There's bound to be cheaper/better bundles coming into spring. I actually cancelled my pre-order a while back after seeing games pushed back. More breathing space for my wallet at Christmas and there's always a chance I'll get vouchers for Christmas and that. Expect to pick one up around March or April.

Strange you'd pre-order a console for a game due to be released next year.

There's bound to be cheaper/better bundles coming into spring. I actually cancelled my pre-order a while back after seeing games pushed back. More breathing space for my wallet at Christmas and there's always a chance I'll get vouchers for Christmas and that. Expect to pick one up around March or April.

I excepted it's release date to be around Jan or Feb, seriously considering cancelling it alright. Likewise the PS4. They both have very weak launch titles, and I can see myself playing GTA for a good while yet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I had to read this a few times and I'm still at loss. Do you mean Xbox being dearer is a positive because it will price out screaming kids, or that it will have screaming kids?

Controller looks great.

• Advertisement

PDP releasing Xbox One Kinect privacy TV mount
    An Xbox One Kinect TV mount, featuring a cover to block the device's cameras, by gaming accessory and peripheral manufacturer PDP is available for pre-order from online retailers for $19.99.

Listed by Amazon to launch on Dec. 4, the mount's description says that it blocks both RGB and IR cameras. According to listing, the bracket is adaptable with almost any flatscreen TV to mount the Xbox One Kinect hardware onto, stating the mount's "privacy cover" protects users privacy by blocking both the Kinect's RGB and IR cameras.

kinect_sensor_bracket.0_cinema_720.0.jpg

I will admit, I lol'd when I saw this. Still, if you want something to go along with your tinfoil hat...

But I thought you could unplug the camera with no hassle now? I thought I read that. It's the thing that changed my mind from a No Ever to a Yes in march.

Grayditch wrote: »
    But I thought you could unplug the camera with no hassle now? I thought I read that. It's the thing that changed my mind from a No Ever to a Yes in march.

Was under the same impression also.

Benzino wrote: »
    Was under the same impression also.

Unless this is for people who still want voice activationwho have never heard of tape, or just putting the camera behind the telly.

You can, it's just some people maybe don't want to be plugging it in and out. It looks like a eye patch lol.

I had to read this a few times and I'm still at loss. Do you mean Xbox being dearer is a positive because it will price out screaming kids, or that it will have screaming kids?

Controller looks great.

Ah on a serious note i can see ps4 littered with the teens screaming abuse that xbox players have had to put up with for years because the 360 was a cheaper option for parents.

I am sure mosr 360 players have given out at some stage over kids screaming down mics

Ps4 having a lower price point is gonna attract those little buckers which is a good thing for microsoft

You'd have to be the least creative person not to be able to fashion something yourself.

Jaysus, an aul sock!

Not to bring the PS4 into this conversation again, but they have confirmed that voice commands for it will work through its camera AND via the headset. Not sure why Microsoft haven't done the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

That is a link to a forum thread. You might aswell be linking threads from the conspiracy theory forum here on boards as proof.

Not as bad as a forum thread, but still just an opinion/speculation of two guys working for IGN.

(I agree with them by the way)

BF4 is 900p on the PS4 according to Paddy Bach. I forget how he spells his first name.

You can have all the P's you want, but frames per second is were its at, and both next gen consoles have BF4 at 60fps.

Also regarding Titanfall. My opinion is that it will be a timed exclusive for XboxOne which is a huge deal considering the reviews it has been having the last few months.

• Advertisement

Ps4 having a lower price point is gonna attract those little buckers which is a good thing for microsoft

I don't believe this to be true. Good things for MS will be commissioning great exclusive games and having a trouble free launch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement