Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm loving this console war. It's made Microsoft change so many ridiculous restrictions it had in place, and it's made Sony actually try hard at launch this time around.

Competition is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

CatInABox wrote: »
    Competition is good.

It is. I'm under no illusion that Nice Guy Sony wouldn't be so nice if they weren't trying to outpace MS. MS learned a harsh lesson this launch, but I think they've pulled it back somewhat. It's hard to tell considering both consoles will sell out initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'm not into fanboyism but i'm delighted there is a rumour going around that the PS4 overheats {most likely its bull**** and i hope it is) but it makes a change from all the Xbone thrashing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'm not into fanboyism but i'm delighted there is a rumour going around that the PS4 overheats {most likely its bull**** and i hope it is) but it makes a change from all the Xbone thrashing.

I'd doubt either console is going to overheat. As far as I know, if either of them get too hot, they'll go into a stand by protective mode, telling you what's happening, so there wont be a repeat of the billion dollar hit Microsoft took on the extended warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

i say its true for ps4 that its does overheat because all gaming consoles do overheat from time to time, naturally longer you leave your gaming console eventually will overheat so it wise turn it off after 3hrs to have it time cool down plus it save money on your esb bill, and also there also fans inside all gaming consoles to keep them cool down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'll be putting it on Adverts :) It'll be safe there.
    i wonder will we see people selling them on adverts. Who would buy it if it comes with every XB1. Maybe someone who broke their Kinect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i wonder will we see people selling them on adverts. Who would buy it if it comes with every XB1. Maybe someone who broke their Kinect.

I bet gamestop will take kinect as a trade

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I bet gamestop will take kinect as a trade

but it will be worth feck all :pac: because every xbox owner will have one, their be no value in trading it in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

So microsoft has embargo on xbox (and COD)? Great, sure free advertising in media .. who would want that .. They should talk to Michael O'Leary ..

wZ3RLAv.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The reviews are embargoed for all games till the 12th, have not heard anything about either console being embargoed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Xenji wrote: »
    The reviews are embargoed for all games till the 12th, have not heard anything about either console being embargoed.

Both consoles are NDA'd until then too afaik

NTMK wrote: »
    Both consoles are NDA'd until then too afaik

I'd say so, considering both are going to require day one patches. Any reviews that appear before that would automatically be suspect in my eyes then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Xenji wrote: »

like it really matters to be fair
    12th for the xbox( not sure if its for ps4 as well ) once that date comes and reviews start coming out, if its all bad reviews people have plenty of time to cancel their orders
    or vice versa if its mostly good news people will be happy to know what their buying is good
    wonder why its until the 12th though not like it would make much difference if is was now or then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

CatInABox wrote: »
    Any reviews that appear before that would automatically be suspect in my eyes then.

Why would that be? Reviewers should be reviewing the games and its features rather than the system's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

AFAIK PS4 games reviews are embargoed until the 5th, it's just that Sony are sending out review consoles to a select group of people so there won't be many reviews until post launch.

Otacon wrote: »
    Why would that be? Reviewers should be reviewing the games and its features rather than the system's.

I meant console reviews. Anything that talks about using system features. that sort of thing. Games are totally separate, and those can be reviewed on debug hardware, just as they are today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Otacon wrote: »

Exactly I cannot see how your average youtube game reviewer would have the technical insight and knowledge to do in depth reviews and analysis on a piece of high tech hardware.

I would not send my Ferrari be test driven and reviewed by some boy racer!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

so you will be disconecting your console completely from XBOX Live and not playing online, so they can't find out what games you play, and for how long, and who with.

Why would I do any of that? being the responsible person that I am I know exactly what information of mine is available and exactly what I am willing to allow be available. I don't think there's anything weird or abnormal about people's privacy concerns, what I find weird is some peoples almost aggressive reaction to anyone who is unhappy sharing their private information - nicely illustrated by your lil bit of a passive aggressive outburst :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone else get an invite to apply for tickets to the ambassador event?
    Is there beer there as it's over 18's?

The last time I was in there they did, but that was a few years back at Megadeth gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

#
    i ve few evnts at ambassdor ive never seen the ambassdor serve beer before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I got one but I wont be going. Living in Essex now. Was tempted to give it to my brother but they said they need ID at the door. He's over 18 but he's not me...obviously.

Kinect Sports Rivals Preseason, a free trial for the Kinect game will be available at launch for Xbox One, the full game will not be out till next year after being delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xbox One paid off today.

Now to look into selling the PS3 and assorted games. can't see there being much of a market for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Where did you get the invite?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Where did you get the invite?
    I got it in my email. It's the one I use for my live account. Hotmail one. Dont own an Xbox but I've signed up for GFWL on PC. Think I may have logged into an Xbox once with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,172 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Well considering the games maybe 18 they have to make it an over 18 event.

As always, take with a pinch of salt.....
    As we inch closer and closer to the release of next-gen consoles, we're starting to learn more and more about their features—and some of what we're hearing might not be great news for anyone who expected a totally stable experience at launch.

Over the past few days, the Internet has exploded with drama surrounding the Xbox One. We've seen a maelstrom of rumors revolving around resolutions, power issues, and potential bugs in the console's software. Rumors suggest that Microsoft's next console is dealing with some issues affecting the operating system and Xbox Live, and Kotaku has heard from our own industry sources that software development kits for the system have been buggy as well.
    Rumour has it Microsoft is busting a gut to clear up errors with the Xbox One’s software development kit ahead of the console’s launch next month.

Various anonymous development sources told Kotaku that there are a number of issues with the SDK.

The sources say a collection of bugs was uncovered in the most recent version of the development software, and that some games have had to be resubmitted for certification with a newer version of the SDK.

As a result, both Microsoft and development teams are said to be in crunch to get software ready for launch.

“It’s going to be a fun few weeks in Microsoft QA,” one source said.

However, another source said this kind of thing always happens at hardware launch and isn’t necessarily indicative of potential problems for consumers at launch.

http://kotaku.com/rumored-xbox-one-launch-issues-lead-to-lots-of-question-1453405464

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/28/xbox-one-sdk-plagued-by-eleventh-hours-bugs-rumour/

It looks like we are going to have a interesting two week wait, starting to lose track of all the rumours that have came out in the last few days and they have been making the big game sites as well, even the Neogaf servers crashed from overloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Another rumour is that if you turn on your console it will cause a nuclear meltdown according to an anonymous source on a high profile website that desperately needs views to stay operational :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Another rumour is that if you turn on your console it will cause a nuclear meltdown according to an anonymous source on a high profile website that desperately needs views to stay operational :D

I heard that also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement