Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

There will be differences. Have to laugh at people saying that BF4 looks like a 360/ps3 game with no discernible difference. Seriously? 40-60fps on 64 man servers, with much improved visuals? What the **** did people expect? To be able to reach into the screen and touch it? I don't even have any plans to buy either an XB1 or PS4 (yet...prob get an XB1 for Halo), and I'm still impressed by the BF4 performance, and I thought BF3 on 360 was really poor compared to PC - this console offering finally can give console owners a taste of what a real battlefield game should be, and that's a great thing.

Even if you let the graphics aside for a moment (and there is a clear improvement in that regard), the fact that the player count has nearly tripled seems to elude a lot of people. I would expect the same from Titanfall - bigger servers, more players, better visuals, higher framerate. Not expecting them to reinvent the wheel as some people strangely seemed to expect from XB1 and PS4.
    I saw the Xbox one and ps4 version there pretty impressive the ps4 abit better but you wouldn't really notice it.Titanfall exclusive to PC ,Xbox 1 ,Xbox 360 for just the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd say MS have a huge marketing plan for March, or maybe even before. A mini-relaunch, if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd say MS have a huge marketing plan for March, or maybe even before. A mini-relaunch, if you will.

Could be a good time to pick up the console with a nice bundle alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Re-launch with a kinectless sku. I know they've said that they won't do it, but I really think they're going to go back on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Wow. Shocked about Titalfall being a 100% Microsoft exclusive and never being released on Playstation.

I thought it would have been a timed exclusive and be released about 6 to 12 months later on the Playstation.

Titanfall was the most well received game at E3 and I've read nothing but great things about it. I'd hate to have to wait until 2016 or 17 for Titanfall 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

PS4 can't win em all. I hope it give people a reason to buy an Xone.

Titanfall was the most well received game at E3 and I've read nothing but great things about it. I'd hate to have to wait until 2016 or 17 for Titanfall 2.

Yeah, but let's wait and see if it's any good, first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yeah, but let's wait and see if it's any good, first.

Such a long wait though for Xbox users. Not coming out until March next year.

I've no problem betting on it being a fantastic game even now. It won the best of show award at E3. It won all 6 awards in the categories it was nominated in which beat the previous record of 5 set by The Last Of Us.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Re-launch with a kinectless sku. I know they've said that they won't do it, but I really think they're going to go back on that.

They shouldn't do.

It will become utterly useless if they do that. The fact of the matter is that right now, every xbox one will have kinnect so every developer will be able to create their games with that in mind. How they use it (or not) will be up to them, but if you create a console version without it then there is very little point to developing anything for it within a game.

I'm not saying I want every dev using Kinect for arm flailing 'fun', but there are many other uses for it that could be good inclusions in titles without being disruptive to the player. Seeing who is in the room and how they (and you) are reacting to the multiplayer game you are playing could be something they use in the title itself, for example.

It could be disabled if you don't want it, but having a kinectless SKU would make developing such additional functions pointless in terms of costs.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Yep. At the moment Kinect's strongest card to play is the fact it'll be universal.

Removing that card will marginalise users and kill innovation when it comes to using it because devs will program for the lowest common denominator to maximise sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Cannot wait for Titanfall personally. I still cant afford to get the console this year, so next year will suit me better anyway. Also will give me 3-5 months of reviews to read through before purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Fell a bit sorry for Respawn, seems like a lot of stuff went on with out their say so, does not look like they will be getting much money out of whatever deal Microsoft struck with EA either if they did not even hear about it till it was done.
    Titanfall isn’t coming to PlayStation 4, but its sequels are likely to, and so are other games from Respawn Entertainment.Responding to fans on Twitter today, Repawn co-founder Vince Zampella said “of course” the developer will make games for the PS4.

“Just not the first Titanfall,” he said, implying sequels are likely to come to Sony consoles.

In a separate tweet, Zampella said Titanfall had always been a Microsoft exclusive at launch, but that the lifetime exclusivity mentioned in EA’s financials today is a recent development.

“Always MS exclusive at launch, great partner and focus is good for a startup. EA made a deal for the rest, we only found out recently,” he said.

Titanfall is due at the end of March 2014, on PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/30/titanfall-developer-will-make-ps4-games-possibly-even-titanfall-2/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Well in fairness once bitten, twice shy has to apply here.

After their dealings and subsequent falling out with Activision over CoD you would think they would have been much more careful at getting their publishing deals in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Just finished work and just now reading what has been said about the PS4/XB1 versions of Battlefield 4. I see on Neogaf lot of people are saying the XB1 version looks better. I'm surprised to say the least as the XB1 console was less powerful, according to everyone.

It must be because of direct 11.2X its exclusive to XB1 and Windows 8

Same here, went through a lot of the forums last night. Interesting the tweet about the extra aliasing to be added yet to the Xbox version (ambient occlusion), which only came out after a lot of messages complaining about xbox jaggies. Surely Dice should have said this up front that both builds aren't the exact same. Though some believe this will require extra cpu and could take away some fps from the xbox version.

Between this and the lack of multiplayer for the xbox on show (due to network technical difficulties), Dice are in damage limitation mode to try to keep as many sales as possible.

Well in fairness once bitten, twice shy has to apply here.

After their dealings and subsequent falling out with Activision over CoD you would think they would have been much more careful at getting their publishing deals in order.

More like twice bitten they got burned by EA before they went to Activation, I wonder what sort of deal they have with EA, highly unlikely it would happen, but has any game started out as a console exclusive and then jumped ship to another console with exclusivity, like I said highly unlikely it will happen, but I am sure all this has left a bad taste with a lot staff at Respawn.

BF4 review from Jack Frags...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GDGAvdJ9PHQ . 4 hour singe player campaign!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

syboit wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GDGAvdJ9PHQ . 4 hour singe player campaign!

Wait, there's single player in Battlefield?

:)

CatInABox wrote: »
    Wait, there's single player in Battlefield?

:)

LOL... even though I was initially disappointed about the 720p, looking forward to the 64 players online.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Unless Respawn are complete idiots they'll hopefully have the rights to the IP this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Hes's comparing PS4 multiplayer to the XB1 single player. Surely that's not a fair comparison?

I've seen a comparison of the PS4/ XB1 single player. And the XB1 version doesn't look bad at all side by side with the PS4 version.

We need to see footage of the XB1 and PS4 Multiplayer to see which one looks better?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Same here, went through a lot of the forums last night. Interesting the tweet about the extra aliasing to be added yet to the Xbox version (ambient occlusion), which only came out after a lot of messages complaining about xbox jaggies. Surely Dice should have said this up front that both builds aren't the exact same. Though some believe this will require extra cpu and could take away some fps from the xbox version.

Between this and the lack of multiplayer for the xbox on show (due to network technical difficulties), Dice are in damage limitation mode to try to keep as many sales as possible.

In about a year. The XB1 will much easier to develop for. The Esram i think developers are still just figuring it out and how best to use it. I wouldn't be surprised by March if Titanfall was running at higher resolution than 720p

Hes's comparing PS4 multiplayer to the XB1 single player. Surely that's not a fair comparison?

I've seen a comparison of the PS4/ XB1 single player. And the XB1 version doesn't look bad at all side by side with the PS4 version.

We need to see footage of the XB1 and PS4 Multiplayer to see which one looks better?

JackFrags reckons that the PS4 multiplayer looks better then the X1's single player, so you have to assume that the X1 will not look better then the PS4 when it comes to multiplayer as you have to tone down the settings to compensate having 64 players.

Multiplayer is almost always toned down in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Xenji wrote: »
    JackFrags reckons that the PS4 multiplayer looks better then the X1's single player, so you have to assume that the X1 will not look better then the PS4 when it comes to multiplayer as you have to tone down the settings to compensate having 64 players.

Neither of the games are the finished article plus the Xbox One version was missing ambient occlusion. They will look pretty much the same by release I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

People really shouldn't care anyway.

I'm getting a PS4 at launch and I may pick up an xbox some time in the future too.

If you are getting a Next-Gen console for BF4, you're doing it wrong (Get a PC) but even still gameplay is all that matters and they both have the same.

I'm getting a console for the exclusives, controller etc... Multiplatforms being a bit different on either console is not one of the reasons for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

tok9 wrote: »
    People really shouldn't care anyway.

I'm getting a PS4 at launch and I may pick up an xbox some time in the future too.

If you are getting a Next-Gen console for BF4, you're doing it wrong (Get a PC) but even still gameplay is all that matters and they both have the same.

I'm getting a console for the exclusives, controller etc... Multiplatforms being a bit different on either console is not one of the reasons for me.

Downloading BF4 on PC atm ;) Will probably get in on next gen too though to play with friends that only play on console :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Downloading BF4 on PC atm ;) Will probably get in on next gen too though to play with friends that only play on console :(

Ahhhhhh the loneliness of PC gaming :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Ahhhhhh the loneliness of PC gaming :pac:

It can beat listening to 7 year olds sometimes tho. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Will be going to another Xbox event tomorrow in London, so will get some more hands on time with it.

Will let you all know if I'm able to see if there's any improvement on any part of it from the last time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

It's confirmed by Infinity Ward that Call of Duty is 720p on XB1, 1080p on PS4.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rqqa5o

What an embarrassment for Microsoft. What have they been doing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement