Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I'm not sniping anyone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Well I'm more of a 'if you don't have something good to say, say nothing' kinda guy.

Silence would be preferable to the childish sniping going on above.

Ugh. That was fairly tongue in cheek by the looks of it. Relax.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Well at least I gave you all something else to focus on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Grayditch wrote: »
    Awkward.

????? You lot should try getting out more trust me all the figures you lot are throwing around and i bet 99% of yiu ps lads dont understand any of it ;)

????? You lot should try getting out more trust me all the figures you lot are throwing around and i bet 99% of yiu ps lads dont understand any of it ;)

Why am I a PS lad? And what have I been throwing around that I don't understand? :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Why would you say that?
    I've been programming games since I was a chizzler. Some people are interested in tech details. If you don't understand or want to hear it, fine. Don't assume anything about anyone's knowledge or indeed their inquisitive nature about such things.

Also, I'm not a "ps lad". Whatever that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Giblet wrote: »
    Why would you say that?
    I've been programming games since I was a chizzler. Some people are interested in tech details. If you don't understand or want to hear it, fine. Don't assume anything about anyone's knowledge or indeed their inquisitive nature about such things.

Also, I'm not a "ps lad". Whatever that means.

Ok then you are the 1% if thats the case anything most of those stirring here are articles copied anf pasted from the web to herr or articles linked to this thread. It really is frustrating reading the negative stuff posted about a console that is yet to be released fot you to have an opinion on. The ps3 was more powerful than the 360 but the 360 outperformed it graphically in most games. I am a multi console owner i dont have a bias yo any brand. I had the ps4 pre ordered before ms back tracked on their policies..

I hope he's preparing an answer for me, Giblet, I asked first!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Presumably, people who have never bought a MS console, and don't intend to. The intent of this thread probably should be solely about the Xbox One, but the thread isn't really about that. The thread would be dead otherwise (i.e solely about the One and not talking about both), but I do see the point. I wouldn't go to an iPhone section talking about Samsung. Though, I don't care enough about phones to go to Samsung, but still, there's a point there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Ok, any chance for this thread to go back on track?

It's gone off the beaten path and ended up in Petty-ville.

It's not like Xbox or Playstation is someone's mother who has been insulted and we must defend their honour at all costs.

We're all a little lost out int those woods and just want to get back to talking about Xbox one and all the good stuff that will come to it.

Until then we can just agree that for BF4 and CoD Ghosts screen resolution that PC > PS4 > Xbox One > Wii U > Atari Jaguar

Things will improve on Multiplatform titles on Xbox one as devs have more experience and SDK improves.

We'll get our hands on with games soon enough (earlier if you're going to the Xbox One tour in Dublin).

Looking forward to it - should be a bit if fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

A bit of fun? It's going to be epic! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The only fanboys on here are xbox ones, well 2 of them and pretty funny reading the last page

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

RasTa wrote: »
    The only fanboys on here are xbox ones, well 2 of them and pretty funny reading the last page
    Yeah, how crazy is that finding Xbox fans in the Xbox forums :rolleyes:

I think I'll go over to the Playstation forum, I think there is only 3-4 PS fans there lol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

We'll get our hands on with games soon enough (earlier if you're going to the Xbox One tour in Dublin).

Looking forward to it - should be a bit if fun.

I'm just heading into the one in London now, will let you know what it is like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Right all,
    I've let this thread go on long enough but it's time to intervene. I have been reading people's posting styles and a few PS4 fanbois are now on my radar.

This thread is about Xbox One.

Please keep posts related to Xbox One.

If I even suspect someone is trolling, there will be bans. Not warnings, bans.

Keep that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Xbox One game gifting could come after launch, suggests Nelson.
    Xbox One could allow gamers to gift digital games to their friend after launch, Microsoft community man Larry ‘Major Nelson’ Hyrb has suggested.

It comes as a Reddit member openly asked the Xbox One fan-base if such a feature would be available at launch.

Hyrb replied to the user by saying, “Great feature we’d like to add in someday, but it won’t be there at launch.”

You can already do this on Steam, and it’s a feature that seems to work – aside from the ten million Dota 2 beta invites I received.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1phzly/can_i_buy_a_game_and_gift_it_to_a_friend_digitally/cd2xoc5?context=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah, how crazy is that finding Xbox fans in the Xbox forums :rolleyes:

I think I'll go over to the Playstation forum, I think there is only 3-4 PS fans there lol.

Well the XB1 does get discussed in the PS4 thread and nobody seems to care. ie tell them to get back to their own thread. It's just in here you guys get defensive. Pretty weird tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'm really disappointed with the price of next gen games. Bunch of thieving bastards like GameStop charging €70 for certain games is disgraceful. It's no wonder Steam has 85 million users with the bargains on it. I'm actually thinking of canceling my Xbone pre order and waiting for games like B4, DR3 & Forza to drop to around €30. The only thing is I'm going to New York in early December so I might pick up some games there and keep my Xbone with Forza pre order, decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

The prices will go down from 70 fairly fast. Wouldn't be looking for 30 euro games particularly fast, tbh. Though, who knows where prices will be around summer when I'll likely pick up one or more consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I'm really disappointed with the price of next gen games. Bunch of thieving bastards like GameStop charging €70 for certain games is disgraceful. It's no wonder Steam has 85 million users with the bargains on it. I'm actually thinking of canceling my Xbone pre order and waiting for games like B4, DR3 & Forza to drop to around €30. The only thing is I'm going to New York in early December so I might pick up some games there and keep my Xbone with Forza pre order, decisions decisions.

Do you know how much the games are on the US Live store, I know with the PS4 they work out at about €43 and if you got a US PSN card from Amazon.com it would not cost you that much at all if you are ok with only having them digitally, you could probably do the same with the X1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

I have my Xbox pre ordered in GameStop but I don't intend on buying any games or accessories there after they increased GTA V to €65. They will probably do the same with xbox One games and I will instead pick them up somewhere else or just download them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Xenji wrote: »
    Do you know how much the games are on the US Live store, I know with the PS4 they work out at about €43 and if you got a US PSN card from Amazon.com it would not cost you that much at all if you are ok with only having them digitally, you could probably do the same with the X1.

I will be getting the games in Gamestop in NYC. I reckon they will be 65 inc sales tax so that is around 48 euros.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just back from the Xbox One Tour event in Shoreditch, and I took away a few things from my trip.
    • The OS is more advanced than the last time I saw it.
    • The games look incredible in person.
    • The people of Shoreditch really go all out with their Halloween costumes.
    So, anyway, they had a good few systems set up, including a kinect tech demo which is pretty cool.

The games in the under 18s section were Forza, Fifa, Kinect Sports and Zoo Tycoon. All looked incredible, and judging by the queues for FIFA, Microsoft pulled off a master stroke by bundling it. Honestly, people packed the consoles running it, while there was always at least a couple of seats free at Forza.

Fifa was pretty good, not a game I'd get if it wasn't coming free, but as I said, definitely the biggest draw in that area.

Forza was the same demo I played last time around, so what I said then applies here. They also had a "pit girl" with whom you could get you picture taken. Was quite saddened by it really.

Kinect sports was pretty good, a jetski demo, reminded me of Wave Race 64. Responded perfectly to my commands too.

Zoo tycoon looked pretty good, but there was only one stand, and I wasn't going to wait around.

Downstairs was the over 18s section, which had a multiplayer battlefield 4 section, Ryse, Killer Instinct, and Dead rising 3.

Battlefield 4 is Battlefield, anyone that's played it knows what it is. I was totally fine with the graphics, they were very impressive, and if I hadn't spent the last few days reading about a controversy, I wouldn't have known that there was anything wrong. The only caveat that I can add to that is that there was some odd geometry popping. Being on the top of a building and looking down, a cargo container suddenly appeared where my view was occluded by the building I was on. It should just be a case of tuning to sort that out.

Ryse was a game I was looking forward to playing. I played a few games of the gladiator mode, which was pretty fun. It seems to be a standard hack and slash, but I didn't see any QTEs while playing.

I didn't go near Killer Instinct. Not my style really, so I can't tell you if it's changed at all.

Dead Rising 3 was really fun. The amount of zombies on screen is unreal, between cars and an electrified hammer, I racked up a 1000 kills in no time.

All in all, worth going along to, I had a lot of fun.

If they've some Kinect Sports to show, are they going to release a demo or something? They might as well, to show it off, keep the kids happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I just got an invite for Wednesday in Shoreditch. I've not been following this new generation much at all (I only bought a new 14 month sub on the 360 a couple of days ago) but it'll be interesting to see/play something new. Won't be going near fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Great post CatInABox. Looking forward to going to this in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

If they've some Kinect Sports to show, are they going to release a demo or something? They might as well, to show it off, keep the kids happy.

I seen a video of a character creation tool using the kinect and it was pretty amazing.

On Fifa and Tiger Woods you can upload a photo of yourself to create a player that looks like you, but with the new kinect it scans your face with the camera and creates an amazing lookalike of you.

I think that will become a regular thing using the consoles camera when it comes to character creation for games.

Titanfall should keep the kids happy too.

I'd have faith in what the Kinect camera can do in that regard, but EA has always let me down with that GameFace thing.

Except one time I put Kevin Spacey into Fight Night. It nailed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

They will be releasing a free trial on launch which will allow you to try out the wake racing mode, should give a good idea of wht the new kinect can do and what the game is like.

• Advertisement

dor83 wrote: »
    They will be releasing a free trial on launch which will allow you to try out the wake racing mode, should give a good idea of wht the new kinect can do and what the game is like.

Ah right. I know my mate was disappointed, as he was excited about showing his kid something Kinecty at Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement