Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Cannot wait for the launch now so excited. Only awkward thing is mario 3d land out on the 29th and thats gonna get alot of attention.. hope bf4 lives up to the hype now, i dont know bf3 didnt have the same appeal as bad company 2 that was suvh a great game though..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

See game stop are letting you buy battlefield and a few other games now and you can trade it back in and upgrade for the xbox one version when it comes out for 14.99, it's a good idea if you can't wait 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I think I'll be able to wait 3 weeks for 64 player games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I think I'll be able to wait 3 weeks for 64 player games.

I cannot wait a full server with 64 people is gonna be nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Dont know if i'll be able to wait another 3 weeks for BF4 or just bite the bullet and pick it up tommorow. Watching the ads on TV isnt helping the situtaion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Dont know if i'll be able to wait another 3 weeks for BF4 or just bite the bullet and pick it up tommorow. Watching the ads on TV isnt helping the situtaion.

Wait , it's not worth it .Hype and tease yourself by watching as many youtube videos as possible :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

I'm really disappointed with the price of next gen games. Bunch of thieving bastards like GameStop charging €70 for certain games is disgraceful. It's no wonder Steam has 85 million users with the bargains on it. I'm actually thinking of canceling my Xbone pre order and waiting for games like B4, DR3 & Forza to drop to around €30. The only thing is I'm going to New York in early December so I might pick up some games there and keep my Xbone with Forza pre order, decisions decisions.

To be fair, Steam isn't very wallet friendly for new releases, and it's not as if you can resell to offset future purchases.

I recall having a secondhand copy of Rainbow 6: Vegas on the PS3, paid peanuts for it in 2009 or so. I peeled off one of Gamestop's old school secondhand barcode stickers (hate stickers on my games!) to reveal an older one - €69.99 secondhand! :eek:

I reckon keep your console purchase with a bricks'n'mortar store (so much easier to return if there's a fault) and go with Amazon or ShopTo for everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Ok here is my thoughts

Fifa 14:

Same as Fifa 13 with a lick of paint. This new ignition or ignite whatever BS they called it is just a blur and inside the hood its the same engine used on the current gen version of fifa 14 with a lick of paint

Dead Rising 3:

Looked liked an average Current gen game but that is because you now have over 100 npc's all in one screen and maintains what looks like 60fps. never slowed down no matter how hard i tried to cause mayhem onscreen

Forza 5:

Excellent game, great graphics, smooth 60fps and lovely Heptic feedback on the control Pad!

Control Pad:
    Feels a bit smaller then the 360 and a bit lighter. The Dpad is much smoother and feels better then the 360. The analogue sticks have more grip in them and the triggers are less springy and more smoother.

The triggers themselves have heptic feedback and let me tell you this. It makes driving games more immersive!

BF4:

Looks great! Around medium settings on how a PC version looks like but plays super smooth! You will be impressed at it. very good and finally console users can play BF as its intended.

Console:

Its HUGE! Larger then the original first Xbox. It is dead quiet though, couldn't hear the fans but one side of the machine was pretty warm. When laid flat, it gets warm on the right hand side at the top of the console.

pics from xbox one event

10599553895_e8e401f5ce_c.jpg
    527A5570 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

10599643386_e8a54d3f89_c.jpg
    527A5547 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

10599624574_1380c4512f_c.jpg
    527A5550 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

10599531795_0b6f864158_c.jpg
    527A5579 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

10599792913_13f7cc6346_c.jpg
    527A5577 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

10599548815_6dbea63868_c.jpg
    527A5571 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

10599577736_e78f5da516_c.jpg
    527A5561 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

10599612906_3c80feb67a_c.jpg
    527A5554 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

10599845233_fefc9ce050_c.jpg
    527A5556 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

10599588824_fd27cae125_c.jpg
    527A5558 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

10599598284_f00b19db43_c.jpg
    527A5557 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

10599598785_084d66a376_c.jpg
    527A5551 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

great stuff mate :) still 22 days to go :( any ryse at the event?

Yea Ryse was there but diddnt try it. It looked decent though and quite similar to god of war in terms of gameplay and movement.

I dont really like hack and slash games but if you do like those sorts of games, Ryse may appeal to you.

i was impressed with Forza and the heptic feedback from the controls! that was the best part of the even and console!

almost tempted to cancel my ps4 order and get a xbox one instead! or both!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yea Ryse was there but diddnt try it. It looked decent though and quite similar to god of war in terms of gameplay and movement.

I dont really like hack and slash games but if you do like those sorts of games, Ryse may appeal to you.

i was impressed with Forza and the heptic feedback from the controls! that was the best part of the even and console!

Yeah, once you get that controller in your hand, it makes you want the console.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

What time were you there Jonney? I got in around 17:40, and the busiest section by far was the FIFA one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

More on how data is collected by the Kinect in a new official blog.
    Under the section labelled ‘Kinect’, Microsoft writes, “The camera can be used to sign you in. To do so, it measures distances between key points on your face to create a numeric value that represents only you. No one could look at the numbers and know they represent you. This authentication information stays on the console and is not shared with anyone.”

Microsoft stressed that said Kinect data exists as a, “very long set of numbers,” and added that ,”[n]o one could look at the numbers and know they represent you.” Said numbers are apparently deleted after you exit your current play session and are re-generated the next time you play.

The blog explains, “Microsoft may collect those numeric values to enable and improve gameplay and improve the gaming experience.” However, they are, “destroyed after analysis is complete.”

The Kinect section continues, “You control what happens to photographs taken during gameplay and whether voice commands are captured for analysis. You can turn Kinect off at any time. When Kinect is used with certain games and apps, your skeletal movements can be used to estimate exercise stats. You can decide how your stats are managed and whether they are shared.

“Some game titles may take advantage of a new Xbox capability called expressions. This feature allows you to use your defined facial expressions to control or influence a game. This data does not identify you, stays on the console and is destroyed once your session ends.”

A line further on in the post covers personal information such as profiles and payment details. It reads, “Except as described in this privacy statement, we won’t disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent.”

On targeted advertising created from data capture, Microsoft explains, “You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from Microsoft Advertising by visiting our opt-out page.”

For shuffles03

Killer Instinct developer Double Helix has revealed two returning combatants for its Xbox One brawler. It’s Orchid and Spinal.

Killer-Instinct-Orchid.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Jaysus lads, it's haptic feedback, not heptic! :D :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

FutureGuy wrote: »

To be honest, once you get the controller in hand, and have the console in front of you, you start to forget all the controversy that's gone on previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,869 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CatInABox wrote: »
    To be honest, once you get the controller in hand, and have the console in front of you, you start to forget all the controversy that's gone on previously.

this time, 3 weeks, and hopefully I'll be a few hours into it..... hope the lines aren't long....

Ryse Season Pass Information

$20 for four expansions
    14 multiplayer maps
    New mode
    Six player skins
    New level events
    Access to a new tier of weapons and armor
    Each available to buy individually, but there is a Season Pass-exclusive sword and shield with bonus multiplayer attributes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Xenji wrote: »
    Ryse Season Pass Information

$20 for four expansions
    14 multiplayer maps
    New mode
    Six player skins
    New level events
    Access to a new tier of weapons and armor
    Each available to buy individually, but there is a Season Pass-exclusive sword and shield with bonus multiplayer attributes

so it be about 20e?considering they never do the proper prices for dollars to euros seems well worth it for all that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd be savage if Ryse turns out to be good. Even if it just had a killer multiplayer, I'd think about getting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

when is the xbox event on in the ambassador? and how much?..cand find any info

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

maximoose wrote: »

thanks, ill have a look now

maximoose wrote: »

owhh i hope i get the email :D dobut it though. dont tell anyone else the link :P lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

6.00 PM guys and girls . We get to see the xb1 Battlefield 4 multiplayer in action. You can watch it your X Box 360 or at Twitch TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

6.00 PM guys and girls . We get to see the xb1 Battlefield 4 multiplayer in action. You can watch it your X Box 360 or at Twitch TV

what's up with that guy? I know he is xbox one face, but he looks (and talks) like contestant on project runway show ..

Been watching the BF4 Stream, the first map Caspian was from a old build or that is what they are saying, it seemed to be full of bugs or just unfinished like this

m4vZL4Q.gif

The second map looks much better, but it has only 16 players on it.

Commentator is really getting on my tits though.

Spectator mode seems pretty cool as well and the graphics seem to be improving with each map, looks like the end product will be very good.

FutureGuy wrote: »

hehe indeed
    What time were you there Jonney? I got in around 17:40, and the busiest section by far was the FIFA one.

i was there around 3pm

What controversy?:D

Xenji wrote: »
    Been watching the BF4 Stream, the first map Caspian was from a old build or that is what they are saying, it seemed to be full of bugs or just unfinished like this

[SNIP]

The second map looks much better, but it has only 16 players on it.

Commentator is really getting on my tits though.

Spectator mode seems pretty cool as well and the graphics seem to be improving with each map, looks like the end product will be very good.

I though that really cr@ppy commentators were a given? :) It's true though, those guys are spectacularly bad. They make it unwatchable.

I noticed a couple of graphics problems playing it yesterday myself, but nothing that a bit of polish won't fix.

• Advertisement

CD and DLNA support has been confirmed for the Xbox One. No way to import your music onto the box though, you can stream to it with "Play to "

Still find it interesting that Sony took it out of the PS4.

See here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement