Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

CatInABox wrote: »
    Still find it interesting that Sony took it out of the PS4.

But the PS4 is a pure gaming console for pure gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Isn't PS4 talk banned, or something?

Grayditch wrote: »
    Isn't PS4 talk banned, or something?

That's crazy talk. Sure how could a few Xbox users with the Xbox One pre-orders talk about titanfall without mentioning it not coming to the PS4.

I think what might have been banned is obvious PS4 fanboys posting in the Xbox forum just to troll.

I'm not trying to backseat mod or anything, I don't do anything for free ;) Just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

have any of you heard anything about xbox one compatible headsets?? i know turtle beach are releasing a range but very unclear coming so close to launch re headsets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

have any of you heard anything about xbox one compatible headsets?? i know turtle beach are releasing a range but very unclear coming so close to launch re headsets.

You will not be able to use any third party headsets till some time next year when Microsoft release a adapter for them.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/18/micrq-until-2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

what are my chances of getting an email to the xbox tour event? i signed up today.......5 times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

MarkY91 wrote: »
    what are my chances of getting an email to the xbox tour event? i signed up today.......5 times

Very high, it takes a day or 2 for them to respond, although it could be Monday if it's not automated.

Xenji wrote: »
    You will not be able to use any third party headsets till some time next year when Microsoft release a adapter for them.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/18/micrq-until-2014/
    i seen that article alright but that is for existing headsets the adaptor that is... as far as i am aware turtle beach have licencing to build headsets that will be suited to xbox one.. wondering if any of you know any more than i do about them. local gamestop say they are waiting for details on the new headsets along with bundle announcements from microsoft...

i seen that article alright but that is for existing headsets the adaptor that is... as far as i am aware turtle beach have licencing to build headsets that will be suited to xbox one.. wondering if any of you know any more than i do about them. local gamestop say they are waiting for details on the new headsets along with bundle announcements from microsoft...

It is for both new and old headsets, the adapter got delayed so the new headsets cannot come out till its ready.
    A Turtle Beach rep confirmed to CVG that Microsoft's adapter is required for both new third-party headsets as well as backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 headsets. This adapter will ship in the box with the upcoming Turtle Beach lineup.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/434558/xbox-one-headset-adapter-also-required-for-new-headsets-not-out-until-2014/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Next year. The adapters aren't going to be available for them to release anything this year.
    The Xbox One may come with its own beefed up audio accessories, but audiophiles waiting on Turtle Beach's XO Ear Force headsets will have to wait: Microsoft won't support them until 2014. According to a statement confirmed by Microsoft, the Xbox One Headset Adapter that enables the use of third party audio accessories will ship early next year, leaving early adopters to make due with the official pack-ins. Redmond says it'll use the spare time to help manufactures "create new headsets that will take full advantage of the Xbox One technology," also noting that the console's included headset is free, after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Benzino wrote: »
    Very high, it takes a day or 2 for them to respond, although it could be Monday if it's not automated.

thats great!..i dont plan on buying an xbox (i ordered ps4) but im gagging to play some next gen games lol

if i get emails confirming i got in on my family members email accounts, ill share the code or ticket or whatever they send with whoever wants them..

cheers lads just goes to show gamestop staff dont know much.....

had a manager trying to sell me a 230 euro headset with him saying oh its guaranteed to work with xbox one.... and from launch he said the absolute @P)@ lol

MarkY91 wrote: »
    thats great!..i dont plan on buying an xbox (i ordered ps4) but im gagging to play some next gen games lol

I hope they send you an email with a link to a virus. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

CatInABox wrote: »
    CD and DLNA support has been confirmed for the Xbox One. No way to import your music onto the box though, you can stream to it with "Play to "

Still find it interesting that Sony took it out of the PS4.

They're patching it in post launch

Moaning about things, gets stuff done, this generation. It's great.

I hope they release a beta of this on the Xbox One so we can get a taste of it early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

@ Xenji:

Check this bad boy out:
    http://m.ebay.ie/itm/221305327689?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

What have you started........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

COYVB wrote: »
    They're patching it in post launch
    This is what I don't like about Microsoft and Sony PR. They make statements that never 100% confirm anything and then people online draw all kinds of conclusions from these vague statements.
    Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida addressed this on Twitter after the announcement, saying he has heard the feedback and will share it with developers.

"Thanks for the feedback to the lack of MP3 and DLNA support at the launch of PS4. I'll share with the PS4 Dev team for future consideration," Yoshida said.
    They won't commit to anything.

It's becoming increasely clear the the XB1 and PS4 won't be fully ready until March.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Titanfall Angel city gameplay trailer.

• Advertisement

shuffles03 wrote: »
    @ Xenji:

Check this bad boy out:
    http://m.ebay.ie/itm/221305327689?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

What have you started........

Woah might get that, have the Game Boy version, but my snes version has been long lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

This is what I don't like about Microsoft and Sony PR. They make statements that never 100% confirm anything and then people online draw all kinds of conclusions from these vague statements.

They won't commit to anything.

It's becoming increasely clear the the XB1 and PS4 won't be fully ready until March.

They'll both be ready though.

At the end of the day they are both consoles, anything else is extra. If they are both very buggy and can't play games at launch I agree with you but that'd be a huge disaster for both.

Adding other features after is fine with me. The majority of things added on are usually nice to have as opposed to essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Xenji wrote: »
    Woah might get that, have the Game Boy version, but my snes version has been long lost.

I've got my eye on an N64 version too. Damn you Xenji. Damn you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Switched on the 360 and there was a countdown on the dash - less than 19 sleeps left. :-)

Looks like Albert Penello is gonna be quiet for the next 2 weeks and will address the resolution differences between both consoles when the so called " Dust Settles "
    Microsoft’s Director of Product Planning Albert Penello spent quite a lot of time on NeoGaf trying to respond to questions on the Xbox One, and often stating that versions of games on Microsoft’s upcoming console and PS4 that have been revealed having different native resolutions looked the same to him, which is actually fair, as the differences between native and upscaled resolutions can be subtle.
    Since the latest reveals on Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts he’s been silent, so people started to wonder if he’d never be back. Turns out that he will: When one of the users asked, not without a bit of sarcasm, “Shocking to see him disappear . What are the chance his mighty will presence us with an apology or concession,” Penello swooped in and kept it classy.

"You asked what the chances were."

"I’ll be back. You’re right, I should talk about it. But right now, still lots of info to come out. Once the dust settles, and all the information is out there, I’ll address my comments."

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/02/albert-penello-promises-comments-on-xbox-one-and-ps4-resolution-differences-once-the-dust-settles/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

It's more about what we see than what anyone has to say anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Has anyone watched the bf4 comparison on IGN, There doesn't look like a lot between them, i'm disappointed, starting to think these next gen consoles aren't really next gen, but a mere model refresh. http://ie.ign.com/videos/2013/11/01/battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-current-gen

• Registered Users Posts: 45,869 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Has anyone watched the bf4 comparison on IGN, There doesn't look like a lot between them, i'm disappointed, starting to think these next gen consoles aren't really next gen, but a mere model refresh. http://ie.ign.com/videos/2013/11/01/battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-current-gen

I simply reckon we are not really seeing next gen games yet. The fact the games are the same on current gen as next gen (Assassins Creed, Battlefield, Call of Duty etc) means that the bones of the game will have been created for current gen computing power and abilities, with a lick of paint and a bit of AI polish being all we are really getting on the next gen consoles.

Could be into next year before we really start seeing 'next-gen titles'. We need to see what the titles that are ONLY available on next gen, or are very different in terms of design are like.

Also, I don't think we will see, in general, a massive graphical jump from current gen to next gen - i think the real differneces we will see will be the size of the game, and more impressive AI etc. Graphics will be better, but they won't be the massive leap we'd have previously expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's been 7-8 years. These are not just a refresh.

Do you remember what the likes of the launch titles looked like on the PS3 (resistance) and 360 looked like?

The majority of games on launch were built for current gen primarily and are being upgraded. Give it a year at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I see a big difference between 360 and X1 in that :confused:
    Enough to convince me that I'm right to hold out for BF4 on the X1.

I see most of these launch titles as bridging-games until we get the proper next gen only titles anyway, I really can't wait for the next Fallout/Elder Scrolls!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement