Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,869 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

just on the current conversation - what do we reckon the main next gen titles are on launch?

I would say Forza on Xbox and Killzone on PS4 would be the leading two.

Have read the FIFA plays A LOT better on next gen, best football title out on the consoles this year.

just on the current conversation - what do we reckon the main next gen titles are on launch?

Have read the FIFA plays A LOT better on next gen, best football title out on the consoles this year.

I agree with Killzone.

Id go with Dead Rising for the Xbox though (probably cause I'm not a big racing fan)

Really hope Fifa is different to the current gen Fifa 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Lets see the 360 or PS3 handle a 64 player BF4 online game. It's not just the graphics that make games next gen, scale and features come into it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The Order 1886 when it is released next year will be the first game to truly show off the next gens qualities, but at launch it will be Forza and Killzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

MarkY91 wrote: »
    thats great!..i dont plan on buying an xbox (i ordered ps4) but im gagging to play some next gen games lol

if i get emails confirming i got in on my family members email accounts, ill share the code or ticket or whatever they send with whoever wants them..

Already got 2 invites myself, so it's easy enough. Helps if you pick the less busy morning or Sunday times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Titanfall Angel city gameplay trailer.

Amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Has anyone watched the bf4 comparison on IGN, There doesn't look like a lot between them, i'm disappointed, starting to think these next gen consoles aren't really next gen, but a mere model refresh. http://ie.ign.com/videos/2013/11/01/battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-current-gen

First off, IGN - crap.

You have to remember BF4 on current gen is pushing these consoles to their absolute limit. BF4 on next gen is running at double the framerate, way more post processing, higher poly counts, more refined lighting, improved physics, destruction, level of detail, draw distance with over double the player count and (on PS4 at least) improved resolution all the while the developers haven't had that long to get this running and will look so poor compared to what the'll be doing in a few years.

Compare Resistance 1 to The Last Of Us. Compare Perfect Dark Zero to Halo 4.

I remember when the jump from this:

SMB3-Title-Screen-super-mario-bros-5463262-743-670.jpg

to this:

smb3title.png

almost made my young brain melt.

And that this:

DoubleBarreled_firing2.jpg

was a cutting edge, graphical powerhouse. All that's only 20 years ago. I really think people need to stop and appreciate just how far the technology has come.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It can only make so much of a jump when you're paying in the 4-500 price range, really. Forza and Killzone do look exceptional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Grayditch wrote: »
    Forza and Killzone do look exceptional.

Indeed. And to a certain point, we're starting to see diminishing returns with the graphics.

Regardless of what the X1 and PS4 are capable of relative to a high end PC or each other, the games aren't going to look "bad".

Could you imagine playing Stunrace FX on the SNES not even 20 years ago, and then being handed an X1 controller and sat down to play Forza 5? Yeah, spare pants would be necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

The ps4 is 40 per cent more powerful,
    it may not make much difference ,
    eg xbox 1 games look great,
    720p hd 60 frames, per second may be fine for most people.

look at the wiu, its got low sales.
    MS may have made a serious error ,forcing people to buy a kinect.
    I think for most people ,kinect is a gimmick.

That money could have been used to put in 8gig fast ram in the xbox 1.
    ITS like the wiu,
    the new tablet controller ,is a mistake in my opinion ,
    IT NEEDS to be charged,
    using 2 screens to play games ,is pointless when most people have
    1080p hd tvs.

I want to use a controller to play games ,
    not talk or wave my arms around.
    USING anything else but a controller takes me out of the game .

I thing no of objects onscreen , characters , enemy ai ,could be important in the next gen
    if programmers want to use the power in that way.
    WE can take it that all the games will look impressive on either console.

theres ways to use ai that was not possible on a 360 ,or ps3 .

eg you could have a squad in titanfall ,if someone drops out on your team, online,
    the ai takes over.
    And its as good as a human player and copys the strategy of the player who dropped out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

riclad wrote: »
    The ps4 is 40 per cent more powerful,
    it may not make much difference ,
    eg xbox 1 games look great,
    720p hd 60 frames, per second may be fine for most people.

look at the wiu, its got low sales.
    MS may have made a serious error ,forcing people to buy a kinect.
    I think for most people ,kinect is a gimmick.

That money could have been used to put in 8gig fast ram in the xbox 1.
    ITS like the wiu,
    the new tablet controller ,is a mistake in my opinion ,
    IT NEEDS to be charged,
    using 2 screens to play games ,is pointless when most people have
    1080p hd tvs.

I want to use a controller to play games ,
    not talk or wave my arms around.
    USING anything else but a controller takes me out of the game .

I thing no of objects onscreen , characters , enemy ai ,could be important in the next gen
    if programmers want to use the power in that way.
    WE can take it that all the games will look impressive on either console.

theres ways to use ai that was not possible on a 360 ,or ps3 .

eg you could have a squad in titanfall ,if someone drops out on your team, online,
    the ai takes over.
    And its as good as a human player and copys the strategy of the player who dropped out.

The wii u is a great console where are you slating it from? Because you dont like it??? Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

For people looking to get the One at launch...

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/which-xbox-one-games-should-i-preorder

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I actually like my Wii U :cool:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm actually going to buy a wiiu while I wait for the x1 and ps4 to get their release patches (both software and hardware).

I'm actually going to buy a wiiu while I wait for the x1 and ps4 to get their release patches (both software and hardware).

This might be a silly question but how do they patch hardware?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

This might be a silly question but how do they patch hardware?

By replacing it, in a rev 1 type scenario :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The wii u is a great console where are you slating it from? Because you dont like it??? Ffs

I don't think he is slating it, he's just saying it has low sales (it actually has disastrous sales) and a gimmicky controller. It's biggest problem is no third party developers are supporting it and the future is not looking too bright for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Christ I just got back my ps3 last night, now I know why I don't use it, downloading a game takes ages then when it's down you have to wait to install the game which takes ages. The whole process is painful.
    Rented bf4 last night said I'd have a quick hour before bed, gave an hour installing updates and gave up.

Graphics wise I think everybody is splitting hairs, for ease of use, potential apps and all round software muscle I think Microsoft will pummel sony if the current gen is anything to go by.

Metal gear rising, should be installed some time around lunch time. How anybody has patience for a ps3 is beyond me.

Going to pin my medals to my chest and stick with xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Metal gear rising, should be installed some time around lunch time. How anybody has patience for a ps3 is beyond me.

Took me 90mins to download MG Rising with my 50mb eFibre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Christ I just got back my ps3 last night, now I know why I don't use it, downloading a game takes ages then when it's down you have to wait to install the game which takes ages. The whole process is painful.
    Rented bf4 last night said I'd have a quick hour before bed, gave an hour installing updates and gave up.

Graphics wise I think everybody is splitting hairs, for ease of use, potential apps and all round software muscle I think Microsoft will pummel sony if the current gen is anything to go by.

Going to pin my medals to my chest and stick with xbox.

Oh no my recently released free 19GB game takes ages to download over wireless. Seriously of all the reasons...

• Advertisement

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Took me 90mins to download MG Rising with my 50mb eFibre

It took me 7 hours to download Remember Me with my UPC 30mb connection. Yet it took me 15mins to download a 2gb demo the other night. PSN speeds vary all over the place depending on demand at the time, it does not have the bandwidth of Live. XBL speeds are consistent with my connection though.

Davei141 wrote: »
    Oh no my recently released free 19GB game takes ages to download over wireless. Seriously of all the reasons...

He does have a point. PSN can be slower than dailup at times. Sony need to work on this this gen to compete with the X1. Hopefully they will now that they charge to play online and put the money into their servers.

What is a pain is that on PS, everything you download has to install before you can play it, even demos. Xbox is just download and play. At least all that is changing with PS4.

Does CoD Ghosts have dedicated servers on PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Seriously considering picking up a new Xbox 360, replacing my launch 360 and holding off on the next gen for a good few months until the dust settles. Weirdly at this point in time, the thought of the kinect permanently having to live just in front of the tv pisses me off more than the power difference and price. I can't hide it and I just don't want the ugly ****ing thing sitting there like a giant barnacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

It took me 7 hours to download Remember Me with my UPC 30mb connection. Yet it took me 15mins to download a 2gb demo the other night. PSN speeds vary all over the place depending on demand at the time, it does not have the bandwidth of Live. XBL speeds are consistent with my connection though.

Well with PS4 there will be play as you download and hopefully as Shu said an increase in bandwidth so it will not be as much of an issue for me.

Davei141 wrote: »

I don't mind the downloading, that can be done over night but the installing is just stupid, you can't use the ps3 while it's happening. I wouldn't touch a ps4 until I see how it manages multitasking. The xbox is a joy to use in comparison. There's no waiting around.
    It's only at 48% now and was at 10% on my original post. I might have been a bit optimistic with my ready by lunchtime.

The ps store subscription is a great service though, Microsoft could learn a trick there.

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Well with PS4 there will be play as you download and hopefully as Shu said an increase in bandwidth so it will not be as much of an issue for me.

Does it still have to install?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Does it still have to install?

Since you can play while you download, no it doesn't look like it this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Does CoD Ghosts have dedicated servers on PS4?

Nope, only the X1 has dedicated servers for Cod Ghosts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

mark_m360 wrote: »
    Nope, only the X1 has dedicated servers for Cod Ghosts.

Call of Duty Ghosts dedicated servers conformed for all platforms

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement