Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yes I agree with this. Titanfall will be deadly.

It sure looks like an interesting game, my worry with it is how it will fair a year down the line, for instance I'm playing halo 4 online right now - well, not playing as i'm waiting in a queue for a game to set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Can anyone point me to a link which lays out the facts of Xbox One? I currently have a 360 but since MS announced crazy policies which caused uproar, i havent found out what is actually fact or just nonsense.

Have read through the thread which is helpful but alot of bickering haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Lets just find the common ground and agree that no one wants a service outage that puts millions of gamers offline for almost a month like the PSN Network attack.

I am hoping that XB Live on XB1 and PSN plus and cloud services are secure.

BTW no one should store their CC on any console.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Can anyone point me to a link which lays out the facts of Xbox One? I currently have a 360 but since MS announced crazy policies which caused uproar, i havent found out what is actually fact or just nonsense.

You really do not have one as such at the moment, we do not even know what apps will be available in Europe at launch yet.

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/get-the-facts

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Lets just find the common ground and agree that no one wants a service outage that puts millions of gamers offline for almost a month like the PSN Network attack.

I am hoping that XB Live on XB1 and PSN plus and cloud services are secure.

BTW no one should store their CC on any console.

I agree, but it's no different to storing your cc details with any other site/company or having it on your phone. Sure it's safer not to store it anywhere at all then, which would be correct, but a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Here is a link to a forum, so everything in it must be true.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

Bravo royal lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Yea that was informative thanks, il keep my eye on here for updates once its released, i assume all day one pre orders on xbox is full also?

I had my account xboxlive emptied of 3000 microsoft points last year from phishing and it was my own fault for having several passwords all the same for numerous email accs etc.. so it wasnt xbox lives fault it was mine for being thick enough to have passwords tge same.. think it was through fifa.

Xbox lives service is amazing.. end of.....

Did anyone actually ask at any of the hands on events what is the story with the app list, we have not heard anything about it besides it not having Xbox Tv and that a lot of the 360 apps will be not be appearing at launch or in some cases not at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Benzino wrote: »
    We'll see.

It won 6 awards at E3 which is a record. 5 was the previous record which was held by The Last Of Us.

It won 6 awards at E3 which is a record. 5 was the previous record which was held by The Last Of Us.

It may have competition if Epic Games announce their new IP on 14th as their tweets are suggesting.

Xenji wrote: »
    It may have competition if Epic Games announce their new IP on 14th as their tweets are suggesting.

It may

Says it all to me.. yiur argument is based on the possibility that something MIGHT be unveiled and that it MIGHT be a good game there are no guarantees. Titanfall is looking awesome and as royal said is winning awards left right and centre and that is BEFORE gamers get to play it...

Glad im getting an xbox one just for that alone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

All signs are looking good, still doesn't mean it is gonna be deadly.

All signs are looking good, still doesn't mean it is gonna be deadly.

It is.

ocean-13-038.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Xenji wrote: »

Epic have been suffering a mass exodus of talent since cliffy b left though so any guarantee of quality is out the window with them now

i doubt epic are free to release a GOW on anything other than MS consoles ive no doubt MS locked that down after the Mass Effect/EA issue

NTMK wrote: »
    Epic have been suffering a mass exodus of talent since cliffy b left though so any guarantee of quality is out the window with them now

i doubt epic are free to release a GOW on anything other than MS consoles ive no doubt MS locked that down after the Mass Effect/EA issue

Wouldn't be worried about a mass exodus, happens a lot. A lot of people left R* North after GTAIV.

Gears franchise is owned by Epic, they can do as they please with it. I'm expecting a new IP from them however.

NTMK wrote: »

They confirmed they no longer have any obligation to Microsoft, and they own the IP, so it could be a new game in the series, a new IP or a new Unreal Tournament.

All of that has no effect on my decision though its xbox one and tge mighty titanfall for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Looking forward to the Xbox One myself, particularly Forza on release day and then Titanfall come March. Other than that just for the "fanboys" I thought I'd add this :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Wouldn't be worried about a mass exodus, happens a lot. A lot of people left R* North after GTAIV.

I really wouldn't use GTAV as a good example that game is practically broken beyond repair

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Kevvv wrote: »
    Looking forward to the Xbox One myself, particularly Forza on release day and then Titanfall come March. Other than that just for the "fanboys" I thought I'd add this :pac:

[SNIP]

I'd agree with that video, pretty accurate depiction of fanboys. I try and stay out of it as much as I can when it comes to consoles, I want both to succeed equally. I am a firm believer in competition being not just good, but fantastic.

That being said, if you try and tell me King crisps are better than Tayto? Then you're a total weirdo who deserves to be eaten by rabid dogs.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

CatInABox wrote: »
    That being said, if you try and tell me King crisps are better than Tayto? Then you're a total weirdo who deserves to be eaten by rabid dogs.

Buffalo Hunky Doreys.

/PC-Gaming-Master-Race

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Don't know whether to get B4 or COD around launch time. When playing mp I find Battlefield looks better and is more tactical while COD is a lot easier to play but can get repetitive.

Don't know whether to get B4 or COD around launch time. When playing mp I find Battlefield looks better and is more tactical while COD is a lot easier to play but can get repetitive.

I would go with bf4.. but there are a large group of lads i play with regular so teamwork etc is vital and bf games are fantastic gor that..

If you game alone cod is tge more lonevwolf game...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

CatInABox wrote: »

Haha. Fanboyism and tribalism over stupid things is getting crazy on the internet.

But you're not wrong about the crisps...

New Snapping Video

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

...it's gotta be pringles riiiight?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I'm quiet partial to Walkers salt & vinegar myself:D

• Advertisement

miju wrote: »
    I really wouldn't use GTAV as a good example that game is practically broken beyond repair

Multi-player, yes, single-player, no. It's one of the best games of the year :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement