Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Hi if I got cod ghost on Xbox 360 hardened edition but don't have 360 anymore but getting a xb1 would the codes work on a xb1?.it work out cheaper than buying xb1 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

rob808 wrote: »
    Hi if I got cod ghost on Xbox 360 hardened edition but don't have 360 anymore but getting a xb1 would the codes work on a xb1?.it work out cheaper than buying xb1 version.
    No. Different consoles, so no reason why they would.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    No. Different consoles, so no reason why they would.
    So the codes won't work on the xb1 are you sure about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

If you redeem them on a 360 they will carry over so I'm sure if you redeem them logged in on Xbox.com it would have the same effect

Not 100%, but I see no reason why it would. I'd expect both consoles to have different codes, though. If you could get over having the regular edition for the 360, when the One is out, you can trade it in towards a copy for the One. Can't remember the price, but it isn't much. That'd be for the regular edition if that was any good to you.

Edit: Looks like I'm wrong. Wouldn't have expected the codes to work for both consoles.

Edit 2: Found proof...
    When I buy the Hardened Edition or Prestige Edition on Xbox 360, will the Season Pass and digital content that comes with it, transfer to Xbox One when I upgrade?

Yes, when you buy the Call of Duty: Ghosts Xbox 360 Hardened Edition, Digital Hardened Edition, or Prestige Edition, you will receive access to download the equivalent Xbox One Season Pass and digital content on Xbox One, FREE of charge. You simply need to upgrade your game and Season Pass to the Xbox One version by May 31, 2014, and your content will then be available for download and play on your Xbox One (using the same Xbox Live account).
    http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/ghosts/blog/2013/10/17/next-gen-upgrade-faq#.UnhJLeKHhHA

• Advertisement

niallon wrote: »
    If you redeem them on a 360 they will carry over so I'm sure if you redeem them logged in on Xbox.com it would have the same effect

Yea made a Xbox live account so should be able to redeem on Xbox.com I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Xenji wrote: »

No specific reason he says. A bit of a non answer that.

Windows Phone Central website, who are XBOX enthusiasts, posted this article, posing the question, Is the XBOX ONE's extra functionality taking away resources from the gaming?
    Lately, Call of Duty Ghosts has had their guns pointed at the Xbox One – or at least that is how many people around the web have felt. With news that Microsoft’s Xbox One won’t be running the game at native 1080p, and instead a lower 720p, there is question of how the console will be able to handle gaming in the next 5-10 years (the predicted lifespan of the unit). Eurogamer decided to sit down with the developers of the upcoming Call of Duty and see what their explanation is.

Mark Rubin, one of the developers, sat down and explained that the problem had to do with the console’s Operating system. He explained that when using the memory and CPU, it is important to know what portions are in use and not being used internally for the operating system’s background features. Infinity Ward must work around allocations given to it by the system itself.

In regards to why the upcoming hit launch game for the console is running in 720p on the Xbox One and 1080p on the PlayStation 4, Rubin says he can’t “point to one particular case”. He stated that Infinity Ward tried to make the best decision for each console to obtain 60 frames per second.

When asked whether or not the result of the lesser frames on the Xbox One was due to the PlayStation 4, Rubin did not give an exact answer. He simply stated, that they wanted each console to achieve 60 fps and that due to the system’s allocation – Xbox One landed at 720p. He did note that they had it running at 1080p, but the frame rate was not “in the neighborhood we wanted it to be [60 fps]”.

In the end, future updates that help to relocate system resources may be the solution for Xbox One, but the extra side features and multitasking may be pulling the console down when it comes to full 1080p HD gaming.

For now – are extra features, like multitasking, worth a downgrade in game quality?

Source:
    http://www.wpcentral.com/xbox-ones-extra-features-may-be-bringing-down-its-gaming-quality

In my opinion, I think its very disappointing that the ONE seems to be lacking some grunt before its even released, I say this as an XBOX fan, I don't own a PS or a PC, so not trying to annoy XBOX people.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    No specific reason he says. A bit of a non answer that.

Windows Phone Central website, who are XBOX enthusiasts, posted this article, posing the question, Is the XBOX ONE's extra functionality taking away resources from the gaming?

Source:
    http://www.wpcentral.com/xbox-ones-extra-features-may-be-bringing-down-its-gaming-quality

In my opinion, I think its very disappointing that the ONE seems to be lacking some grunt before its even released, I say this as an XBOX fan, I don't own a PS or a PC, so not trying to annoy XBOX people.

It does take away some power, around 10% is the figure I heard. Microsoft are also looking to unlock that in the future.

I think that the problems that Infinity Ward are having with the Xbox One make it clear that a lot of the great talent left Infinity Ward when Respawn was set up. From the review scores today, it seems a lot of the people that drove it forward creatively are gone, and if the people in charge of developing and upgrading the engine left in the same manner, then that would explain why they can't even get a constant 1080p 60fps on the PS4. EDIT: Link here.

Won't really know if the extra functionality is worth it until it comes out to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Grayditch wrote: »
    227154d1185921862-maxim-magazine-presents-the-most-obscure-simpsons-characters-2977_lemon_biter_l1.jpeg

I actually dont see the point in attending this a few days before release. Me bitter lemons? No yiu couldnt be further from right with that seeing as i have console an extra controller and 3 games fully paid off now.. smug is more how i see myself..

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I actually dont see the point in attending this a few days before release. Me bitter lemons? No yiu couldnt be further from right with that seeing as i have console an extra controller and 3 games fully paid off now.. smug is more how i see myself..

:P

I don't see the problem with it, how else is he/she gonna get a chance to play the console before buying it??

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    I think that the problems that Infinity Ward are having with the Xbox One make it clear that a lot of the great talent left Infinity Ward when Respawn was set up. From the review scores today, it seems a lot of the people that drove it forward creatively are gone, and if the people in charge of developing and upgrading the engine left in the same manner, then that would explain why they can't even get a constant 1080p 60fps on the PS4. EDIT: Link here.

Cod is basically Fifa at this stage, minor changes made to the core mechanics every year. While you are probably right about all the talent leaving for Respawn, I'd say Activision don't want them making major changes, cause the game sells bucket loads anyway, so why waste more of their money and time adding additional content. Hopefully these review scores might kick them into action for future games.

Come on Valve, save the FPS genre, release HL3!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Following on the heels of the announcement of a Ryse season pass last week, Forza will also be getting one.
    Microsoft today provided more details on the Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass, the digital offering announced last week for Turn 10's Xbox One title that includes access to dozens of vehicles. Chief among the new details is information about pricing, with Microsoft revealing the pass will sell for $50 and feature multiple car packs.

Each Car Pack will include ten cars, and the first will arrive alongside Forza 5 at launch on November 22. Subsequent packs will be available the first week of every month, starting in January 2014 and running through March 2014.

The first expansion, the LaFerrari Car Pack, introduces ten vehicles, including the 950 horsepower LaFerrari that has yet to be released in the real world. The other nine cars will be announced on November 18, Microsoft said.

Individual cars will be available for purchase separately, but Microsoft said buying the $50 pass will allow players to save 18 percent compared to purchasing individually. For the first time in the history of the franchise, every vehicle in Forza 5 will be available in Forzavista mode. This will allow users to explore the inside and outside of every car, Microsoft said.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/50-forza-5-car-pass-detailed/1100-6415952/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I hate when companies are trying to sell me more of a game, before the game has come out.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Won't really know if the extra functionality is worth it until it comes out to be honest.

True, after reading that article, I take your point, that the 720p could be down to Infinity Ward, more so than the console itself.

For the record, I don't play COD games, the way this news was delivered initially, it was made to sound as if all games on the ONE were 720p.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

The games will get better more into the life span of the console. I wouldn't be worried too much about it.

Personally I'd rather 720p and a steady 60 fps than 1080p with the fps jumping from 60 to 30 like on the PS4.

Personally I'd rather 720p and a steady 60 fps than 1080p with the fps jumping from 60 to 30 like on the PS4.

It will also be a steady 60fps on the PS4 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

When should we expect to see reviews of Ghosts/BF4 on the Xbox one? I see ign has 360/ps3/ps4 all in one reviews now, wondering if they will have more just next-gen reviews when the ps4 gets launched.

Benzino wrote: »

Not according to that review linked above.
    Much has been said about the fact that the PlayStation 4 version of the game runs at a native 1080p, and while that may be true, the game did struggle to maintain a steady framerate, especially in hectic multiplayer matches. The PS3 version of the game ran into similar problems, whereas the Xbox 360 version maintained a steady 60 frames per second.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

See the link posted by someone a few posts up.
    Much has been said about the fact that the PlayStation 4 version of the game runs at a native 1080p, and while that may be true, the game did struggle to maintain a steady framerate, especially in hectic multiplayer matches. The PS3 version of the game ran into similar problems, whereas the Xbox 360 version maintained a steady 60 frames per second.

syboit wrote: »
    When should we expect to see reviews of Ghosts/BF4 on the Xbox one? I see ign has 360/ps3/ps4 all in one reviews now, wondering if they will have more just next-gen reviews when the ps4 gets launched.

There is an embargo on XBOX One reviews until November 12th.

• Advertisement

Ah, my bad. Generally only read reviews on Eurogamer.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Not according to that review linked above.

You can not really judge it on just one game, it seems CoD is a bit of a shambles this year, wait till more games come out and if the same thing is happening then fair enough, you also have to wait and see what reviewers say about the X1 version.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ah, my bad. Generally only read reviews on Eurogamer.

It's where I usually get my reviews as well. To be honest, I'd guess that the Xbox One will have similar frame rate issues at 720p in Ghosts. I think it's pretty obvious that the next gen consoles were not the number one priority for IW, and in fairness, why would they be? The vast majority of their sales will come from current gen consoles.

In the future, with more time with both finalised consoles, developers will be able to get more out of both.

Cod is basically Fifa at this stage, minor changes made to the core mechanics every year. While you are probably right about all the talent leaving for Respawn, I'd say Activision don't want them making major changes, cause the game sells bucket loads anyway, so why waste more of their money and time adding additional content.
    What you say is true, but the loss of talent from a studio has deeper ramifications than lacking the ability to bring new game changers to a franchise. There is an element of doubt as to whether they can maintain the quality of predecessors. Though, yes, quality in terms of COD is something of a subject for debate.

You can not really judge it on just one game, it seems CoD is a bit of a shambles this year, wait till more games come out and if the same thing is happening then fair enough, you also have to wait and see what reviewers say about the X1 version.

Ya, sorry I was only referring to Ghosts not being a steady 60fps on the PS4 as mentioned in the article.

Its seems Ghosts could be a bit of a mess on most versions, it will be interesting to see what the ONE review of the game will be like.

The 360 is getting a steady 60fps so I'd bet the Xbox One will be the same. Although this Xbox One embargo on reviews has me doubting it (abit).

I'm very surprised that CoD ghosts is performing better on the 360 than the PS4 with regard to frame rate.

The 360 is getting a steady 60fps so I'd bet the Xbox One will be the same. Although this Xbox One embargo on reviews has me doubting it (abit).

I'm very surprised that CoD ghosts is performing better on the 360 than the PS4 with regard to frame rate.

I would not be, the PS4 is a new system, Ghosts is basically a rehash of previous games with a few tweaks on the 360, surprised about the PS3 though.

surprised about the PS3 though.

I'm not.

Frame rate hasn't been the PS3s strong point in terms of face offs. If you were to go in to any face off on digital foundry blind, the frame rate would be my bet for where the 360 would be winning over the ps3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The more I read about the XB1 the more I worry about it and its lack of power.
    I be debating to cancel and get the PS4 instead and then see Sony pulled DNLA streaming from the PS4 and it can't play MP3 music.
    Then I'm thinking both of them are basically hobbled PCs and we're paying the price for Sony/MS trying to cover too many scenarios and leaving the real gamer screwed over.
    No matter what people say about launch games these are x86 titles and aren't a problem for Activision to code for or shouldn't be.
    In fact their development just got a while pile easier except for the 32mb ram (eeram i think they called it)
    I've a very high suspicion that we're see a few revisions of the XB1 down the line with upgrade graphics chips etc and possibly DDR5 as well.AUSPWMIASODM01

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement