Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Benzino wrote: »
    Hmm, I thought Microsoft said that dedicated servers would be available for free to all developers? If developers have to pay for them, then it is not guaranteed that every game will have dedicated servers.

According to Alberto Penello of Microsoft (whos the MS Director of Product Planning) dedicated servers are free.

This is a direct statement from him.

Also to be clear. One of the benefits of publishing games on Xbox One – ALL game developers get Dedicated Servers, Cloud Processing, and “storage” (for save games) free.

If you want to do dedicated servers on other platforms, you have to prop them yourself. But on Xbox One, while developers can choose to use their own methods, we make it available to everyone.

There should be no confusion on this point. We do not charge developers for Dedicated Servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

According to Alberto Penello of Microsoft (whos the MS Director of Product Planning) dedicated servers are free.

This is a direct statement from him.

Also to be clear. One of the benefits of publishing games on Xbox One – ALL game developers get Dedicated Servers, Cloud Processing, and “storage” (for save games) free.

If you want to do dedicated servers on other platforms, you have to prop them yourself. But on Xbox One, while developers can choose to use their own methods, we make it available to everyone.

There should be no confusion on this point. We do not charge developers for Dedicated Servers.

Cool, I thought that was the case alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Do you work for MS?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tom Warren has posted a video of a cold boot (not the quick suspend/resume mode) looks like it takes 30 seconds, could be longer on a retail console seeing that it is a dev kit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Xenji wrote: »
    Top 15 games of 2012, and only 2 are FPS ( Borderlands is more of a Hybrid ) People just going out and buying a game like CoD is actually hurting the industry more than helping it, especially the players who play nothing else and will not even try anything else.

1. Call Of Duty: Black Ops II – Activision Blizzard
    2. FIFA 13 – Electronic Arts
    3. Assassin’s Creed III – Ubisoft
    4. Halo 4 – Microsoft
    5. Hitman Absolution – Square Enix
    6. Just Dance 4 – Ubisoft
    7. Far Cry 3 – Ubisoft
    8. FIFA 12 – Electronic Arts
    9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Bethesda Softworks
    10. Borderlands 2 – 2K Games
    11. Mass Effect 3 – Electronic Arts
    12. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes – WB Games
    13. Need For Speed: Most Wanted – Electronic Arts
    14. FIFA Street – Electronic Arts
    15. Mario & Sonic At The London 2012 Olympic Games – Sega

COD, Halo 4 & Far Cry 3

• Advertisement

COD, Halo 4 & Far Cry 3

Same as Borderlands, Far Cry is a hybrid game, not a pure FPS like CoD or Halo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Do you work for MS?
    He should have quoted. In his post, he said he was directly quoting, but didn't use the quote function.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    He should have quoted. In his post, he said he was directly quoting, but didn't use the quote function.

Missed that part, thanks.

Pushtrak wrote: »

He posted it on Neogaf and on twitter. Neogaf mods confirmed it was him here is the thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86164933&postcount=315

http://www.digibytes.me/2013/10/dedicated-servers-will-be-offered-for-all-xbox-one-games/

You find his twitter response about the free dedicated servers in the second link.

**** storm on the web. The PS4 and PC versions gamers and reviewers are noticing frame rate drops at 1080p. It seems the XB1 may not be a fault, it looking more like COD ghosts was badly optimised, by the developer

Now we know why the XB1 version is only 720p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=710045

• Advertisement

He posted it on Neogaf and on twitter. Neogaf mods confirmed it was him here is the thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86164933&postcount=315

http://www.digibytes.me/2013/10/dedicated-servers-will-be-offered-for-all-xbox-one-games/

You find his twitter response about the free dedicated servers in the second link.

He wasn't disagreeing with you, he was just saying that you should have used quote bubbles as I thought those were your words not his.
    **** storm on the web. The PS4 and PC versions gamers and reviewers are noticing frame rate drops at 1080p. It seems the XB1 may not be a fault, it looking more like COD ghosts was badly optimised, by the developer

Now we know why the XB1 version is only 720p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=710045

X1 footage released today shows lots of fps drops too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think he means "as well as".

Weirdly taking pleasure in COD being ripped. Maybe because of how much other games have had to follow the multiplayer pattern, which I'm bored of. Not the games, or developers fault of course.

He wasn't disagreeing with you, he was just saying that you should have used quote bubbles as I thought those were your words not his.

X1 footage released today shows lots of fps drops too.

I saw that footage. No bad frame rate drops, maybe i am missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Grayditch wrote: »
    Weirdly taking pleasure in COD being ripped.
    Don't. As tempting as it seems right now, it'll result in you being more dejected later. It'll still sell loads. And if it's as bad as reports would indicate, then it will be of no consequence how crap it was. Heck, they could come out with the same next year, and it'll sell more.

CoD: Ghosts and Battlefield 4 are the “end of an era”, says Avalanche boss
    Christofer Sundberg, the Founder and Creative Director of Avalanche Studios, has predicted that popular shooter franchises Call of Duty and Battlefield will lose their stranglehold over the genre.

Sundberg tweeted earlier today that he believes the latest installments, Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4, mark “the end of an era”. He expressed little faith in Call of Duty’s future, and predicted that Battlefield will likely live on with a multiplayer focus.

When asked by Eurogamer if CoD could also exist as a multiplayer-only title, Sundberg seemed doubtful.

“I don’t think there is room for both unless they are drastically different and publishers find new ways to monetize the players,” he said.

I saw that footage. No bad frame rate drops, maybe i am missing something?

0:45.

0:45.

Really frame rate drop? To me that was just the player turning around in a different direction. I don't see what your seeing at all.

TotalBiscuit, a well known gaming Youtuber has just posted a video showing the problems with the PC version, enjoy.

It looks like all the systems except for the 360 are having issues, the PC version seems to be the worst affected.

Really frame rate drop? To me that was just the player turning around in a different direction. I don't see what your seeing at all.

There is 100% very significant frame rate drop there. When the player turns it should stay smooth, not stutter like it did in that video.

And.
    https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/397865975724249088

There is 100% very significant frame rate drop there. When the player turns it should stay smooth, not stutter like it did in that video.

And.
    https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/397865975724249088

0.45 he rotated the camera to change direction of his player. I honestly don't see frame rate drops or stutter. I think it was a camera effect.

Jeremy Conrad. He's Pro Sony for one thing hardly a neutral voice. He acts more childish than most Sony fans and i don't really take him serious to be honest. He posts random anti- Microsoft stuff and often what he says is wrong.

• Advertisement

0.45 he rotated the camera to change direction of his player. I honestly don't see frame rate drops or stutter. I think it was a camera effect.

It's there, I'm not going to bother continue this arguement. You see what you want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-headsets/ear-force-xo-seven/389

Turtle beach xo seven... guess i found my headset forbthe xbox one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-headsets/ear-force-xo-seven/389

Turtle beach xo seven... guess i found my headset forbthe xbox one :)

Isn't that delayed until next year?

Varik wrote: »
    Isn't that delayed until next year?

Got an email off turtle beach with this link

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got an email off turtle beach with this link

Just check it is delay until Q1 2014 as well as other third party headsets and the MS converter for the older 360 headsets (this being the reason that the other are delayed). The MS headsets are the only ones that use the new connection.

It's there, I'm not going to bother continue this arguement. You see what you want to see.

Ok can you explain to me what these reviewers claim the PS3 and PS4 version of the game runs like crap?

The XBOX 360 version seems fine. Is that video enough to prove the xb1 version is suffering the same problems?

Now, it appears that the PS4 version, which does run at 1080p native, is having a hard time keeping the frame rate up. Nearly every reviewer who has talked about the PS4 version describes some kind of frame rate failure. Here are a few examples:

Polygon: ”Much has been said about the fact that the PlayStation 4 version of the game runs at a native 1080p, and while that may be true, the game did struggle to maintain a steady frame rate, especially in hectic multiplayer matches. The PS3 version of the game ran into similar problems, whereas the Xbox 360 version maintained a steady 60 frames per second.”

IGN: “On the current-gen versions Ghosts looks nearly identical, though I did encounter occasional framerate issues during the single-player campaign on PS3 and PS4.”

Joystiq: ”A key pillar of the
    Call of Duty experience has always been rock-solid 60 frames per seconds gameplay. On Xbox 360, Ghosts maintains this mandate. The PlayStation 4 version, however, has noticeable technical issues, sometimes slowing to a crawl, particularly during set-piece moments with multiple effects. One specific moment I was able to replicate multiple times on PS4 was a campaign scene that ran smoothly on Xbox 360 and PS3, while the game chugged On PlayStation 4. These frame rate hitches happen throughout the campaign on PS4 and, in a series known for its Hollywood-inspired bombast, it detracted from the experience.”

Ok can you explain to me what these reviewers claim the PS3 and PS4 version of the game runs like crap?

The XBOX 360 version seems fine. Is that video enough to prove the xb1 version is suffering the same problems?

Now, it appears that the PS4 version, which does run at 1080p native, is having a hard time keeping the frame rate up. Nearly every reviewer who has talked about the PS4 version describes some kind of frame rate failure. Here are a few examples:

Polygon: ”Much has been said about the fact that the PlayStation 4 version of the game runs at a native 1080p, and while that may be true, the game did struggle to maintain a steady frame rate, especially in hectic multiplayer matches. The PS3 version of the game ran into similar problems, whereas the Xbox 360 version maintained a steady 60 frames per second.”

IGN: “On the current-gen versions Ghosts looks nearly identical, though I did encounter occasional framerate issues during the single-player campaign on PS3 and PS4.”

Joystiq: ”A key pillar of the
    Call of Duty experience has always been rock-solid 60 frames per seconds gameplay. On Xbox 360, Ghosts maintains this mandate. The PlayStation 4 version, however, has noticeable technical issues, sometimes slowing to a crawl, particularly during set-piece moments with multiple effects. One specific moment I was able to replicate multiple times on PS4 was a campaign scene that ran smoothly on Xbox 360 and PS3, while the game chugged On PlayStation 4. These frame rate hitches happen throughout the campaign on PS4 and, in a series known for its Hollywood-inspired bombast, it detracted from the experience.”

I never denied frame rate issues on PS3/PS4 (although "crap" isn't a word reviewers used.) I'm simply claiming from the footage we have seen there were clear fps drops. The PC version has frame rate drops too so it's likely it's just poorly optimised and both next gen versions are going to have frame rate issues. MS won't allow anyone to say anything about the X1 version for another week so we'll find out for sure then.

You're getting yourself too worked up over this.

Jesus christ use the pms lads sick of the cock compairing now

Jesus christ use the pms lads sick of the cock compairing now

We're discussing an Xbox One game. Is that not the point of this thread?

• Advertisement

We're discussing an Xbox One game. Is that not the point of this thread?

Insulting ps3 and ps4 is just gona cause a ****eball here lets be honest. Yes discuss it but discuss it in a civil way. I knoe you didnt call ps3 or 4 crap btw but surely you can see how it will kick off if that conversation continues

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement