Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Hugebasher asking people to be civil on a forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Hugebasher asking people to be civil on a forum.

I also found it fairly hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Extremetech now saying GPU resources dedicated to the Kinect are to blame for 720p not the fact the XB1 is underpowered..

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/170366-the-kinect-is-the-anchor-that-sinks-the-xbox-ones-resolution

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-headsets/ear-force-xo-seven/389

Turtle beach xo seven... guess i found my headset forbthe xbox one :)

Look the business alright, I have a set of Turtle Beach for the 360 and love them so it would be a no brainer for me to get something like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Just finished paying my XBOX One off with an extra controller and Dead Rising 3 this morning - Roll on 22nd Nov.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    Extremetech now saying GPU resources dedicated to the Kinect are to blame for 720p not the fact the XB1 is underpowered..

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/170366-the-kinect-is-the-anchor-that-sinks-the-xbox-ones-resolution

Don't buy that. The Kinect takes in the region of 10% of GPU power. 10% is not enough to jump from 720p straight past 900p all the way yo 1080p.

The 10% may allow for a game to jump from 720p to 900p alright. I still think that once developers get their head around the next gen consoles we will see the XBO hitting 1080p. Not in all games, but in alot of new releases.

trudub83 wrote: »
    Just finished paying my XBOX One off with an extra controller and Dead Rising 3 this morning - Roll on 22nd Nov.

Lucky ****** :) Not getting mine until maybe March next year for Titanfall.

Want to let the next gen level out a bit before buying. Besides, the 360 is more than enough until after xmas, you cant argue with that looking at the games being released for XBO launch!

Only thing I will miss until next year is the 64 player BF4 servers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

If thats true, thats gonna kick up a storm with the people who don't want Kinect, I think thats most of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    If thats true, thats gonna kick up a storm with the people who don't want Kinect, I think thats most of us.

I definitely didn't want Kinect at the start. The extra €100 was stupid for something I didn't want at all. But since we learnt there's a game thrown in and it made the cost a bit easier to digest, and the closer we get to launch day I must say I'm getting eager to try it out :o

Looking forward to seeing it in the Ambassador. Hope it understands my nordie bollix of an accent

maximoose wrote: »
    But since we learnt there's a game thrown in and it made the cost a bit easier to digest,

The game is only for Preorders or 1st wave purchasers isn't it?

I'd hope to hang on till March and maybe get a Titanfall bundle or something.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

That article is a little indulgent.

10% of the GPU results in a 50% resolution drop? The article also states "Around 10% of the Xbox One’s GPU time is dedicated to functions on the operating system level, particularly Kinect tracking."

Around 10%? Like 12% or 8% or what?
    And what other functions on the operating system level and how much of around 10% does 'particularly' cover? The OS is doing a reasonable amount of work in the background so while Kinect could be a chunk of that 10% I doubt it's even half of that.

Another vague, pointless article trying to build controversy using saw dust and pritt-stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Apart from the physical launch games, anyone know what else is available on launch, or close to it?

Will there be downloadable demos? (Would like to try Ryse out).
    Will there be any indy games or ported older games? Will there be anything at all in the Xbox Live Arcade?

Apart from the physical launch games, anyone know what else is available on launch, or close to it?

Will there be downloadable demos? (Would like to try Ryse out).
    Will there be any indy games or ported older games? Will there be anything at all in the Xbox Live Arcade?

I thought Peggle 2 was an XBLA launch title for the X1, buts its not out till December now, and is a full retail release.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Killer Instinct is a downloader yea?

Killer Instinct is a downloader yea?

that and Crimson Dragon were the only two I could think of.

that and Crimson Dragon were the only two I could think of.

And D4....an episodic game from the Deadly Premonition makers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Check here, that say LocoCycle and Powerstar Golf are the only other arcade games at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Xbox One cloud updates may reboot host server mid-session, says Microsoft exec.
    Touching on the issue of the Xbox One’s cloud-based updates Bruno explained, “Once in a while, rather frequently actually, the host OS will require an update, meaning the physical machine is going to get rebooted, whether your code is running or not. That’s a problematic thing for a game, and is oftentimes is in the middle of a multiplayer session, we’ve worked very hard to overcome that, but that’s not to say it’s going to be a reality in every case.”

This could be very problematic indeed. The site pressed Bruno on this issue and asked how disruptive these updates will be given Titanfall’s status as an online-only release. They also asked him about the worst-case scenario of Microsoft’s cloud servers failing altogether.

He replied, “I can’t answer that. I don’t know what the guys over at Titanfall have built into their game. It’s up to the game developer. If they want to rely more on our XBLC service, we’re happy to support that. We do provide a platform for them to persist data, but that’s up to the developer to utilize that.”

It begs the question of Titanfall’s performance without the cloud. Will it still run without cloud servers?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/06/xbox-one-cloud-feature-updates-may-reboot-your-console-mid-session-says-microsoft-exec/

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Nolars wrote: »

Am deffo getting Xbox One - I am gonna wait till after Christmas though as will be chowing into GTAV & Dark Souls II on the 360 for a good while into 2013.....Still looking forward to it though and seeing how everyone gets on with the launch day consoles !:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is the xbox offering any free games like psplus on release? Also will ghosts be at this tour?

RasTa wrote: »
    Is the xbox offering any free games like psplus on release? Also will ghosts be at this tour?

Nothing besides Killer Instinct, but you only have one character to play with, it will cost you money to get more, possibly Project Spark as well, but that has not been confirmed.

Xenji wrote: »
    Nothing besides Killer Instinct, but you only have one character to play with, it will cost you money to get more, I think Project Spark is gonna be pre installed on all consoles as well.

If you have Live you will get the Xbox Fitness game/membership free for the year as well.

Finally decided on my launch games....

Fifa and Forza for Xbox One (and probably Crimson Dragon).
    Killzone and NFS on PS4.

Now, the wait really does become unbearable!

If you have Live you will get the Xbox Fitness game/membership free for the year as well.

They have that Kinect Sports rivals demo as well as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Nolars wrote: »

I like that they have another article for the 5 best reasons to buy a PS4, yet both share the 'Controller' and 'Exclusives' reasons... :rolleyes:

It is basically a summary of everything we have all been saying for months now - a pretty pointless set of articles then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Free music on Xbox One, with some ads, so long as you have a gold account.

See here.

It doesn't yet say if this is limited to ten hours per month or not, but it's exactly how I thought that Microsoft would increase the value of Gold. This, along with the free fitness subscription will work great in adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Otacon wrote: »
    I like that they have another article for the 5 best reasons to buy a PS4, yet both share the 'Controller' and 'Exclusives' reasons... :rolleyes:

It is basically a summary of everything we have all been saying for months now - a pretty pointless set of articles then.

By the same author?!

RasTa wrote: »
    By the same author?!

Yeah :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Otacon wrote: »

Total clickbait.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement