Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

too funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

http://www.oxm.co.uk/65597/microsoft-gives-away-complete-killer-instinct-game-for-free-to-selected-xbox-one-fans/

So microsoft seem to be giving away full copies to Killer Instinct *to some people, anyone here get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

wexdevil wrote: »
    So microsoft seem to be giving away full copies to Killer Instinct *to some people, anyone here get one?

To selected XBOX ONE fans! I don't think I qualify. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

wexdevil wrote: »
    http://www.oxm.co.uk/65597/microsoft-gives-away-complete-killer-instinct-game-for-free-to-selected-xbox-one-fans/

very nice if you can get one allright

Xenji wrote: »

Appearing on ign aswell. Why would MS shoot themselves in the foot by coming out with this. Have they no confidence that will will have it fixed by the time XBO launches ?

• Advertisement

syboit wrote: »
    Appearing on ign aswell. Why would MS shoot themselves in the foot by coming out with this. Have they no confidence that will will have it fixed by the time XBO launches ?

Not too pushed about this. Servers for games get rebooted all the time, and gamers are normally notified by an in game ticker.

No reason why they can't notify XBOX ONE users of pending reboots via Add space on the dash. Go make a cuppa when the reboot is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭DK224

I'm guessing there'll be no Christmas bonus for Xbox Live lead program manager John Bruno who revealed this!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Seems they are also giving away Xbox Ones.

See here.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Not too pushed about this. Servers for games get rebooted all the time, and gamers are normally notified by an in game ticker.

No reason why they can't notify XBOX ONE users of pending reboots via Add space on the dash. Go make a cuppa when the reboot is due.

true, but every day it seems to be something adding a +1 to the negative stack for XBO.

Just curious anyone know what they gaming servers run ? Windows/Linux running in some virtual environment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Just curious anyone know what they gaming servers run ? Windows/Linux running in some virtual environment ?

Window Azure cloud, which is Microsofts cloud platform.

• Advertisement

true, but every day it seems to be something adding a +1 to the negative stack for XBO.

Its seems to be the popular thing to do. Your site probably gets more hits when you report on the XBOX One negatives than if you were pro-XBOX one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    To selected XBOX ONE fans! I don't think I qualify. :pac:

Only US ones as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Only US ones as well.

Nope, there seem to be some UK and French guys on NeoGAF that got it. http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=710376&page=9

Seems to be random by Xbox - some haven't even got a One preordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

I have a live account since early 2003 so here' hoping :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Preview embargo is over, previews are popping up all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

CatInABox wrote: »
    Preview embargo is over, previews are popping up all over the place.

Some very negative reviews of Ruse from GI and Joystiq, but KI and DR3 are looking strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Some very negative reviews of Ruse from GI and Joystiq, but KI and DR3 are looking strong.

Frame-rate issues popping their heads up again, seems to be a theme developing :(

Some quotes from Joystiq's preview:
    There's just one problem: the frame rate.

But as soon as I had to travel somewhere far to trigger the next cutscene or event, I discovered any kind of speedy vehicle kills the frame rate.

I could soldier on through the dips in frame rate but if it frustrated me during a short demo session, it's certainly going to grate my nerves more over many hours of play. Sticking with slower vehicles or going everywhere on foot is a way around the chug, but I have to wonder if my slower speeds will cause me to fail during time-sensitive missions and tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Call me cynical, but Microsoft start giving away free consoles and games the same day their preview embargoes end?

h9DE06135

CatInABox wrote: »
    Free music on Xbox One, with some ads, so long as you have a gold account.

See here.

It doesn't yet say if this is limited to ten hours per month or not, but it's exactly how I thought that Microsoft would increase the value of Gold. This, along with the free fitness subscription will work great in adverts.

Apparently not...

oPercHU.png

Otacon wrote: »
    Apparently not...

oPercHU.png

Saw that. Disappointing, as it makes sense to do something like that to make Gold more appealing.

• Advertisement

I know I asked it last week, but has anyone asked about the apps that will be on the X1 at any hands on events, it is just over two weeks till launch and still no information on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

I know I asked it last week, but has anyone asked about the apps that will be on the X1 at any hands on events, it is just over two weeks till launch and still no information on it.

I think they confirmed the Machinma App world wide for launch but other than that it's anyones guess.

I think they confirmed the Machinma App world wide for launch but other than that it's anyones guess.

I know it is very depleted compared to the 360, but they know what they are getting in the US, why the secrecy in Europe, its something that people should be more worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I know it is very depleted compared to the 360, but they know what they are getting in the US, why the secrecy in Europe, its something that people should be more worried about.

Not overly worried about it tbh i really only use my consoles gor gaming apps are or were never on my radar. Well netflix i use after that meh

Not overly worried about it tbh i really only use my consoles gor gaming apps are or were never on my radar. Well netflix i use after that meh

True, but a lot of people do use it for the likes of netflixs and sky go, it will be a decision for more people than you think.

True, but a lot of people do use it for the likes of netflixs and sky go, it will be a decision for more people than you think.

Tbh i used sky go a little but with netflix i no longer use it. I see your point thojgh fair play

Dead Rising 3 will be 720p at 30FPS
    What native resolution is Dead Rising 3?

Josh Bridge: 720p. And I'm really happy with that, with the sheer amount of stuff we have in an open world game locked at 30fps, that's just brilliant. Of course our UI (user interface) runs at 1080 native on top, but no, we're a 720p game locked at 30fps.

Otacon wrote: »

Really?? I would be disappointed with that then tbh :(

It is especially disappointing when you consider Joystiq have reported that there are framerate issues when using vehicles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Are you mad, the amount of zombies on screen and the draw huge distance at 720p and 30fps for a third person semi open world game at launch is very impressive.

What's with everyone expecting everything locked at 1080p and 60fps for? If you want that get a PC.

MS's X1 dev kits were a bit of a mess and the graphics drivers and alot of work. The PS4 dev kits were more refined from the start, it's like MS are/were rushing to compete with Sony and it's starting to come out now. Look at the 360 launch titles compared to what was coming out 2yrs later even.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement