Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

No more entering long codes to redeem stuff.

https://vine.co/v/hIAEZuQp5MK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Are you mad, the amount of zombies on screen and the draw huge distance at 720p and 30fps for a third person semi open world game at launch is very impressive.

What's with everyone expecting everything locked at 1080p and 60fps for? If you want that get a PC.

Isn't 30fps and 720p the norm for the 360? Not unreasonable to expect better from the get go for their new console.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

RasTa wrote: »
    Isn't 30fps and 720p the norm for the 360? Not unreasonable to expect better from the get go for their new console.

Yeah, but look at the scale of DR3. Next gen is not all about graphics, it's scale and features and graphics all together. You would not get the 360 at 720p and 30fps with the amount of action DR3 has going on at any one time and with all the advanced lighting and shading effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Hopefully more D4 stuff will be revealed soon-ish. Saw this and the title makes the article sound better than it is. It doesn't tell us anything new. Hopefully other sites will get more stuff soon though. I'd be grand with a release date and something about the release structure of the episodes. And how many episodes there are actually will be too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Yeah, but look at the scale of DR3. Next gen is not all about graphics, it's scale and features and graphics all together. You would not get the 360 at 720p and 30fps with the amount of action DR3 has going on at any one time and with all the advanced lighting and shading effects.

Rome 2 on PC. That game struggles with just a few thousand smaller sized characters on screen. People with Nivida Titans have reported battles lag.

Hundreds of large sized zombies on the screen at one time. Of course the XB1 was going to struggle to hit anything more than 720p or 900p

• Advertisement

D_BEAR wrote: »
    No more entering long codes to redeem stuff.

https://vine.co/v/hIAEZuQp5MK

Neat feature. No more typing in codes, the kinect scans the code for you and you're done.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Anybody who has played Forza 4 will agree its one of the most beautiful games on the 360 :eek:

Anybody who has played Forza 4 will agree its one of the most beautiful games on the 360 :eek:

Not really into car racing games. But i am must say the sound from the cars on Forza 5 is incredible.

If I were a driving game guy, I'd get the One day one. It looks phenomenal. I tend to suck at them though, so after a while I'd just stop playing. It looks like a game I'd enjoy more watching others play to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Hopefully more D4 stuff will be revealed soon-ish. Saw this and the title makes the article sound better than it is. It doesn't tell us anything new. Hopefully other sites will get more stuff soon though. I'd be grand with a release date and something about the release structure of the episodes. And how many episodes there are actually will be too.
    I haven't watched this but it might be of interest to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That D4 game being released episodically is quite annoying for me, as I don't like that kind of thing. It might work out ok, if it's all finished by the time I'm getting an XBox One, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Grayditch wrote: »
    That D4 game being released episodically is quite annoying for me, as I don't like that kind of thing. It might work out ok, if it's all finished by the time I'm getting an XBox One, I suppose.

Thought it worked well with The Walking Dead to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Benzino wrote: »

It did not work well in Siren though, ended up costing far more to get the chapters individually than getting the whole game yourself.

dor83 wrote: »
    I haven't watched this but it might be of interest to you.
    Thanks for the link, but to me I am really only looking for a release date. Episodic doesn't really work for me in the sense it is designed for. I wait for all of the episodes to be out. I'm not going to play them as they release. Well, I'll not even have the One anyway, probably not even until after they are all out, but even with The Walking Dead, I waited till that was all done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 NJC Omega

Has anybody from Ireland got any of the free Xbox Ones that Microsoft are giving away to long term Xbox Live members? Free copies of the full Killer Instinct game and other launch titles are also being given out. I've got almost 6 years membership so I was hoping to get something but it doesn't look like I have.

More info here: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/11/06/microsoft-handing-out-free-xbox-ones-copies-of-killer-instinct.aspx.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

NJC Omega wrote: »
    Has anybody from Ireland got any of the free Xbox Ones that Microsoft are giving away to long term Xbox Live members? Free copies of the full Killer Instinct game and other launch titles are also being given out. I've got almost 6 years membership so I was hoping to get something but it doesn't look like I have.

More info here: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/11/06/microsoft-handing-out-free-xbox-ones-copies-of-killer-instinct.aspx.

I haven't gotten one myself but one of the posters on Eurogamer.net was talking to Xbox support and apparently this is just the first wave of emails so who knows

NJC Omega wrote: »

If you have not received a email by now you are not getting anything, it is all pot luck as well going by the Neogaf thread.

Benzino wrote: »

It was a great game, but I waited until it was finished before I bought it. I don't really like episodic gaming. Unless they're large episoded, like Half Life.

Here is the chat that the poster from Eurogamer.net had with MS support.

YMMV

Here is the chat that the poster from Eurogamer.net had with MS support.

YMMV

You would think it would just be easier to give everyone Killer Instinct for free, even though it was a free game to begin with, sans the characters you had to pay for, they must not think much of it to be offering it all for free now.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    You would think it would just be easier to give everyone Killer Instinct for free, even though it was a free game to begin with, sans the characters you had to pay for, they must not think much of it to be offering it all for free now.

It's a good point Xenji is everyone just going to get Killer Instinct kind of borks the F2P model they were looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It's a good point Xenji is everyone just going to get Killer Instinct kind of borks the F2P model they were looking for

They're giving the characters from 'season 1', they plan for other seasons and updates.

That and your mate might see all the characters on yours and go out and get them for his.

Its showing a bit more of the game to whet the appetite.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to give something to some people, and not others, based on their hard to explain reward process.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

No more typing in really long codes https://vine.co/v/hIAEZuQp5MK

Microsoft have came out with really mind boggling quotes today, add this in with telling people that their dedicated servers frequently have to be restarted for updates.

Xbox One to “start ahead” of PS4, will last “conservatively a decade,” says Microsoft.
    Microsoft expects Xbox One to “start ahead” of PlayStation 4 in terms of the experiences it can deliver, according to the firm’s Canadian Xbox director of marketing who also noted the console is preselling 2-to-1 over Xbox 360.

Speaking with GI International during the firm’s X13 showcase event in Toronto, Craig Flannagan said the system is “built for the future,” and will last “conservatively 10 years.”

“I’ve been here for the launch of Xbox 360,” he said. “I was here for the launch of Kinect. This is far and away the biggest launch we’ve ever done. It’s the most hardware we’ve ever produced. It’s the most we’ve ever pre-sold. We’re preselling a little over 2-to-1 from what we did with Xbox 360.

“Xbox One is going to start ahead, in terms of the experience we can deliver, and because we’re built for the future, we’re going to stay ahead. I think there is not a better experience you can buy this holiday, and there will not be a time this generation where there’s a better experience you can buy than Xbox One…And it’s probably going to be a pretty long generation.

“We’re probably here for a while because we’re built for the future. This is a console that will last you, conservatively a decade, if I had to put a bet down today.”

The Xbox One consumer pick up at retail in two weeks won’t be the same console a five years in, according to Flannagan.

“Much like 360, Xbox One’s not going to look a whole lot five years from now like it does now,” he said. “I don’t know where it’s going to go, but that’s kind of fun because we’re built for the future. We do have a connection; we can change what things look like and how it performs.”

Xbox One releases in various territories on November 22.

I reckon the X1 will get better as the years go on, but to say as it stands it is better than the PS4 at launch is a bit wide off the mark, given the differences we know already about the two consoles upon release and quotes from various developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

This looks awesome..................seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,866 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xenji wrote: »
    Microsoft have came out with really mind boggling quotes today, add this in with telling people that their dedicated servers frequently have to be restarted for updates.

Xbox One to “start ahead” of PS4, will last “conservatively a decade,” says Microsoft.

I reckon the X1 will get better as the years go on, but to say as it stands it is better than the PS4 at launch is a bit wide off the mark, given the differences we know already about the two consoles upon release and quotes from various developers.
    If you concentrate purely on games, yeah - PS4 might be better. But MS aren't doing that so to take any comments they make as meaning that is being deliberately thick imo.

They will claim all the extra living room and streaming stuff it does gives a better experience than PS4. Their NFL integration, the tv guide stuff they will bring, the snap features, the DLNA streaming - the (in their world) central hub of media entertainment they have created.... that is what they are talking about. Not the resolution of CoD on Xbox One vs PS4.

As for it lasting 10 years.

The 360 is out 8 years the day the Xbox One releases and they will claim there is still plenty of life left in that console, so if they can claim a 10 year life span for the 360 you can be damned sure they are going to claim the same is easily within reach for their 'future facing' Xbox One and Cloud infrastructure.

There is absolutely nothing mind boggling about what they have said, but you do love to talk negitively about them so its hardly surprising that is the line you would take.

Would probably do me good to have that. I'd not have any problem getting to sleep after a bit of doing that, that's for sure.

That fitness thing looks good for people who aren't currently keeping fit, I'd say, so I've nothing against that. Personally, I like to leave the house for fitness, but that looks decent for others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,866 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

can't wait to see that fitness stuff - hope there is som e H.I.I.T stuff in it, would be very helpful

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement