Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

CatInABox wrote: »
    Adam Orth talked to Eurogamer about where he was coming from with his controversial "always on" opinion from seven months ago. If he harbours any ill will for Microsoft, then he hides it very well.

See here

Incredibly sad really, the fact that both himself and his family got death threats just reminds me of how immature some gamers are. Total A$$hats.

Good read that but if they didnt reverse the decisions, they may aswell have stuck with the 360 and shelved the One.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Xenji wrote: »
    I thought Sky was a no go with pass through, Virgin as well, been said on Neogaf for a few months now as it does not support HDMI-CEC.

So is there any pass thru at all outside of the US so?

Not a feature I would use anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mr Freeze wrote: »

It does not look like it, well not a fully functional version anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Mr Freeze wrote: »

We don't know yet what will be added after launch or not. The Kinect will work as an IR Blaster, so it should be capable of controlling pretty much any cable/satellite box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

It'll be capable of controlling it via IR but will it be able to show the listings in the UI and go to specific channels by voice? I'm guessing it'll just be basic video and basic controls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Well, there won't be any EPG available on Xbox One, but as the Xbox One is HDCP capable, there's nothing to stop you from connecting them together.

Even some remote functions should work. I.e. "Xbox, go to channel 123" should work, "Xbox, go to sky one" will not.

Pretty sure none of thy sky boxes are HDCP HDMI-CEC compatible.

Best outcome without using the IR blaster would be use you sky remote to control the sky box and tv and the ONE through the TV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Varik wrote: »
    Pretty sure none of thy sky boxes are HDCP compatible.

Best outcome without using the IR blaster would be use you sky remote to control the sky box and tv and the ONE through the TV.

If you want to display HD over a HDMI cable, then they have to be. Plenty of stories online about people not being able to watch sky HD with a non compliant tv.

Which ever way it all works out, it should be interesting regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If you want to display HD over a HDMI cable, then they have to be. Plenty of stories online about people not being able to watch sky HD with a non compliant tv.

Which ever way it all works out, it should be interesting regardless.

Oops, meant HDMI-CEC to control the sky box.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Varik wrote: »
    Opps, meant HDMI-CEC to control the sky box.

I'll be honest, I typed up my message, and then realised what you were trying to say just before I posted it.

The thing was, I couldn't for the life of me remember what HDMI-CEC was called.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just got a phone call from gamestop to tell me that they've been informed of the quantity of Day one consoles that they're getting and also that I'm guaranteed to get one. The surprise came when he said that I'm entitled to a download code for a free game, and was give the choice of either fifa or forza.

yes boy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I know some people were asking for this (including me), so I'll post it in here. Sony have done a tear down of the PS4, and I have to admit, it looks like an incredible piece of engineering.

See here for video.
    Yeah, it's looking very good.
    maximoose wrote: »
    My TV is kinda old and only has the one HDMI port.
    I've got 2 but I have my PC hooked to my TV so that's one used up already. I don't have any of my consoles hooked up at the moment... I tell myself it is so I'll not get distracted and put my time to better use, but I just find other ways to waste time.
    wes wrote: »
    You can use the pass through apparently, but a splitter would be better, as it would save you having to have 2 console on at the same time, which would cost you a fair bit in electricity.
    I'm definitely going to have to get one at some point. I haven't been gaming though, so haven't really been too worried, and when I did game more a few months ago, I'd focus on one console for a fair while, so it'd just be a case of switch, and I'm good for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Just got a phone call from gamestop to tell me that they've been informed of the quantity of Day one consoles that they're getting and also that I'm guaranteed to get one. The surprise came when he said that I'm entitled to a download code for a free game, and was give the choice of either fifa or forza.

yes boy!

Very nice, didn't know Forza was included in the free game download.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

maximoose wrote: »
    Question...

My TV is kinda old and only has the one HDMI port

You could start building a surround sound system, start with something like this, http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/sony/strdh520/sony-strdh520-blk , suddenly you have 4 HDMI ports (and you can here somebody sneaking up on you ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

This time two weeks ill be in gamestop waiting for my fabulous xbox one :D

I preordered in june... no call from gamestop though :(

I preordered in june... no call from gamestop though :(

They are not scarce, mine is still taking launch day orders, demand has not been as high as expected it seems.

They are not scarce, mine is still taking launch day orders, demand has not been as high as expected it seems.

Yeah i have no doubts i will get the launch one i want

Im just excited about getting back gaming and forgetting all the talk of 720 900 1080 etc...

Capcom Vancouver's Xbox One launch game Dead Rising 3 runs a native resolution of 720p.

"We are 720p, upscaled to 1080p," executive producer Josh Bridge told IGN, "and we run at a 30 frames per-second lock."

"We have to be locked because it's about the feel of combat. You've got to have that predictability of button presses." If the frame rate goes any lower, the way a game responds to your input slows.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Ha you're so full of ****! I've been reading this thread for the last couple of months and noticed your petty comments, always trying to put down the Xbox One. Every time I see your name I think not this clown again. Like seriously how old are you? It's clear you are PS4 Fanboy although you will probably say "I'm getting an Xbox One after launch and I'm just giving people the facts". If there is an article putting down the Xbox One you are sure to link it. You need to get a grip and just be happy with your PS4, it's not a competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Meme-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Where's this? My mate has been all over looking for a launch day Xbox One with no luck. He will be pleased to know there's somewhere he can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Sony-Fanboy-Jahmai-Williams-of-GaminRealm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Sony-Fanboy-Jahmai-Williams-of-GaminRealm.jpg

I agree, it's not that PS4 is great, in fact if it was only PS4 I wouldn't buy, it's just that xbox is so terribly bad - makes PS4 look like out of this world technology :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Titanfall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

This time two weeks ill be in gamestop waiting for my fabulous xbox one :D

Go outside to pick one up? I've got mine coming to my front door ... You gotta love living in the future :)

One week until the Xbox tour thing and one week until the Xbox arrives. It's like two weeks of Christmas Eve's when you were a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I really want to give Forza a go, the more I see of it. Slick doesn't even cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Titanfall

Titus Fallen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

tok9 wrote: »
    Titus Fallen

The Passion of Saint Titanfall

father-ted-careful-now.jpg

Where's this? My mate has been all over looking for a launch day Xbox One with no luck. He will be pleased to know there's somewhere he can get it.

Try both Castlebar and Ballina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Over on Twitter:
    Going over the latest Xbox One Build with Notwen - Only two weeks to go!
    Some other guy asks if this is the final build, then
    Notwen wrote:
    There is no final build, just an awesome launch build and more work to come for the next decade

OK, it's great to see that they're doing everything to ensure that the version released in two weeks time is the latest Dash build.

On the other hand, I'm slightly worried that they're working this close to the wire, because working with software we would always have a cut-off date that there would be no more code updates (for fear of breaking something in the process fixing something else).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement