Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Going back briefly to what we were talking about yesterday, it looks like the USB option for installing the patch will not be viable as the fella who got his console early found out that it will not boot at all unless you have a internet connection, on twitter he also mention he was not sure if a WiFi connection would work, he used his ethernet wire.
    After hooking up the Xbox One and powering it on, Weingarten was prompted to connect to his home Internet, and then set up his Kinect 2.0. There didn't appear to be any way to back out of that. After connecting to the Internet the console began pulling down a 500-megabyte day-one update, which will be necessary to play games.

Good interview with Weingarten here about the whole ordeal and his views on the console

http://kotaku.com/the-guy-who-got-the-xbox-one-early-isnt-banned-for-lif-1461593586

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Oh man, that picture is ridiculously big, I posted from my phone. Sorry about that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Elara have ones here. Haven't had a proper look at 'em yet.

I use them in my house and think they are the dogs. I spent an extra tenner on mine though that have a "plug through" socket so you dont lose a power socket on the wall when you use them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Xenji wrote: »
    Going back briefly to what we were talking about yesterday, it looks like the USB option for installing the patch will not be viable as the fella who got his console early found out that it will not boot at all unless you have a internet connection, on twitter he also mention he was not sure if a WiFi connection would work, he used his ethernet wire.
    I wouldn't have expected them to allow it, it seems like they want every console to connect to live at least once, have they said that 2nd batch consoles won't need it or are people just presuming that is the case?
    Good interview with Weingarten here about the whole ordeal and his views on the console

http://kotaku.com/the-guy-who-got-the-xbox-one-early-isnt-banned-for-lif-1461593586
    He seems fairly happy with how it has worked out in the end, good that they made it clear it wasn't a perma-ban and only until launch. He also seems like he was really impressed with the console, which is good too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

miju wrote: »
    I use them in my house and think they are the dogs. I spent an extra tenner on mine though that have a "plug through" socket so you dont lose a power socket on the wall when you use them

They really are brilliant for when your WiFi just isn't good enough.

I bought the non-pass through version, using the tenner I saved I got a 4-gang extender to go into the socket next to it.

And then afterwards, I got another 4-gang extender to plug into my first 4-gang extender. Too many plugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I got these ( TP-Link 500 Mbps Gigabit Powerline Adapter ) from amazon and can't recommend them enough, im using them with 100mb upc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Never mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

dor83 wrote: »
    I wouldn't have expected them to allow it, it seems like they want every console to connect to live at least once, have they said that 2nd batch consoles won't need it or are people just presuming that is the case?
    I'm presuming, but I think its a safe one. I'd suggest keeping an ear out if you feel you need to wait for the console to come with the update. It's probable I'll not get a console till the summer, and it'll definitely have it by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Just counted up my change jar that i started in may for the xbox 780 in it more then i taught so might. Order 1 or Two more games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Grayditch wrote: »
    This is in no way a minus point for Xbox obviously, but speaking for myself and my OCD, this would wreck my head.

For a while anyway.

jJbXgWk.jpg
    just open it upside down :D

• Advertisement

That could work.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

If this is all we have to worry about with Xbox One, Microsoft is onto a winner here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

just open it upside down :D

Or slide the cover out and flip it around. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

kleefarr wrote: »
    Or slide the cover out and flip it around. ;)

But then the X1 logo would be upside down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I'm presuming, but I think its a safe one. I'd suggest keeping an ear out if you feel you need to wait for the console to come with the update. It's probable I'll not get a console till the summer, and it'll definitely have it by then.
    It's not a problem for me, my internet connection is grand, get a steady 20Mb so while not the fastest it is more than good enough for me. I just have a feeling that MS might leave it like that so that everyone has to connect it to the internet, kind of like a way to force you register every console.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just seen this, really nice dashboard and how it works, way more sleek than the PS4 dash.

Just seen this, really nice dashboard and how it works, way more sleek than the PS4 dash.

*waits for Xenji's post on why the PS4 dash is sleeker :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I really like some features of xbox .. that kinect can log you in and change everything in second is cool ..

but this tiles presentation was made for touch screen .. I absolutely hate it on windows 8 .. i would love it if I had touchscreen ..

I also think it looks better than PS4 dash but not sure if easier to use

198321 wrote: »
    but this tiles presentation was made for touch screen .. I absolutely hate it on windows 8 .. i would love it if I had touchscreen ..
    Could be you end up using the voice commands a lot. Seems it'll save time used scrolling around trying to find something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

198321 wrote: »
    I really like some features of xbox .. that kinect can log you in and change everything in second is cool ..

I also think it looks better than PS4 dash but not sure if easier to use

Kinect will work as a de facto touch screen, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

and how Titanfall looks boring.

Feck off :p I like it, have a windows work phone and it reminds me of it, the UI is one of the fastest I have seen, at least you have seen the XB1 dash, still waiting on Sony to show theirs :pac:

Feck off :p I like it, have a windows work phone and it reminds me of it, the UI is one of the fastest I have seen, at least you have seen the XB1 dash, still waiting on Sony to show theirs :pac:
    I saw somewhere, probably here on boards, someone over at neogaf has the PS4 already. They got it yesterday and will upload a vid today at some point. They'll be 5 - 8 hours behind, so it might be up in the next few hours. Might have been in the thread in the Games section someone mentioned it.

I saw somewhere, probably here on boards, someone over at neogaf has the PS4 already. They got it yesterday and will upload a vid today at some point. They'll be 5 - 8 hours behind, so it might be up in the next few hours. Might have been in the thread in the Games section someone mentioned it.

Yeah I mentioned it in the PS4 thread, nothing up yet but hopefully we will see it soon, have a sneaking suspicion the XB1 version will be better though from using windows 8.

I'd put my money on the XB1 interface being sleeker from what we saw in the last generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

peteeeed wrote: »
    yea but they can only look at them since the new Xbox live isn't up and running yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

rob808 wrote: »
    yea but they can only look at them since the new Xbox live isn't up and running yet.

It's up and running alright but only to consoles MS allow to be connected to it early. It's been reported that there are about 100 XB1s playing Ghosts on Live as of this week. They can try and connect and if they don't draw any attention to themselves they may get away from a temp ban until launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

It's up and running alright but only to consoles MS allow to be connected to it early. It's been reported that there are about 100 XB1s playing Ghosts on Live as of this week. They can try and connect and if they don't draw any attention to themselves they may get away from a temp ban until launch.

Don't think they be playing ghost on Xbox 1 until 15 nov when it released.

• Advertisement

rob808 wrote: »
    Don't think they be playing ghost on Xbox 1 until 15 nov when it released.

That delay did not fully happen, only in the Electric Boutique stores, so a lot of people have it in the US.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement