Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Whats the difference between NBA 2K14 & NBA Live 14? Besides over 30 GBs that is/

NBA 2k14 and its predecessors are the best basketball games on the go at the moment and its incarnations have always gotten better year on year. This will be the first NBA Live game since 2009 when the series was cancelled, it would really have to do something phenomenal to break 2K Games stranglehold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Xenji wrote: »
    NBA 2k14 and its predecessors are the best basketball games on the go at the moment and its incarnations have always gotten better year on year. This will be the first NBA Live game since 2009 when the series was cancelled, it would really have to do something phenomenal to break 2K Games stranglehold.

So its like FIFA vs Pro Evo, I thought they were both from the same makers. The NBA 2k game has over 600 interviews and player and coach voice recordings, hence its size. Article on X360A there about it.

So its like FIFA vs Pro Evo, I thought they were both from the same makers. The NBA 2k game has over 600 interviews and player and coach voice recordings, hence its size. Article on X360A there about it.

NBA Live is done by EA, NBA 2k14 is done by 2K Games

2K14 should be the superior game as well in terms of graphics and gameplay!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

217.gif
    /Plays harmonica

• Advertisement

New trailer

Not really a great trailer, a lot of faffing about at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

I know it is probably the wrong place but from recent posts,I would also be interested in buying a Fifa code from anyone who is looking to get rid
    Would be willing to pay around the €40-45 mark :D

Anyone know if the kinect comes with a clip thing to put it on top of your TV?

Doubtful, the ond ones probably won't hold Kinect 2.0 either.

Any clip would be sold as an extra most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Doubtful, the ond ones probably won't hold Kinect 2.0 either.

Any clip would be sold as an extra most likely.

Yeah would say this will be the case alright. Although, they might surprise you!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

A kinect tv mount appeared on our system in GameStop yesterday so I'm guessing that rules out any chance of the kinect having a tv stand built in.

No price on it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Not really a great trailer, a lot of faffing about at the start.

That's mostly the reveal trailer from May with a couple of extra bits of gameplay / tv footage showhorned in.

logik wrote: »
    Yeah would say this will be the case alright. Although, they might surprise you!

I'd be very surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Can anyone tell me if they have revealed how the Xbox One controller will be powered? Like will there be a need for batteries initially, and then a play and charge kit? Or will it be like the PS3 controller?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if they have revealed how the Xbox One controller will be powered? Like will there be a need for batteries initially, and then a play and charge kit? Or will it be like the PS3 controller?

Identical to the 360 version. AA Batteries and then you can buy a charge pack once they are released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Batteries or play and charge kit will be needed, the play and charge kit's will obviously be different to the old ones and there will probably be third party charging docks too.

Battery, its just consealed a lot better compared to the 360.

top-580-100.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Using AA battery's is a joke, huge joke to me anyway. They giving a charge kit free with the console?

They've marked it as a controller that is wired or wireless. I don't know if they include a charge kit, but I'd be disappointed if they didn't to be honest seeing as how they talked up that aspect of the controller. I guess disappointed, but not *too* surprised would be more accurate.

• Advertisement

There wont be a charge kit with the console. You will have to buy the charge kit just like the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Pushtrak wrote: »
    They've marked it as a controller that is wired or wireless. I don't know if they include a charge kit, but I'd be disappointed if they didn't to be honest seeing as how they talked up that aspect of the controller. I guess disappointed, but not *too* surprised would be more accurate.

Might be able to be powered by through USB, even if can't be charged without the correct batteries or pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm not going to get into what I think of that. I never ends well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Varik wrote: »
    Might be able to be powered by through USB, even if can't be charged without the correct batteries or pack.

It's a micro-usb socket as well, so technically you'll just need the rechargable battery and a usb cord to charge.

As to the wired/wireless thing, if you plug it in with the usb cord, the wireless in the controller switches off, and commands are sent down the cable. Will reduce latency, but not by an amount that I'd be able to notice.

Batteries is an odd one alright, the only benefit that I can see is that you can have a rechargable battery charging else where while playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

X Box 1 controller is both wired and wireless.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-controller-is-both-wired-and-wireless/1100-6409392/

Internal Battery Cavity –The compartment that houses AA batteries is built into the interior of the controller, providing more room at the bottom for your fingers to grip. Another convenient improvement is that the controller is both wireless and a wired– simply plug it into your console with a micro USB cable and the connection automatically switches to preserve battery life.

Varik wrote: »

The Xbox One controller runs on AA batteries out of the box. If you don’t want battery life to get in the way of your play time on the Xbox One, you must purchase a $25 Play and Charge kit, which includes a rechargeable battery pack and charging cable. Either that, or you can keep your controller tethered to the console via a micro USB connection at all times. This connection will power the controller, but it won’t charge your batteries.

Whats the difference between NBA 2K14 & NBA Live 14? Besides over 30 GBs that is/

Don't know, but i saw a comparison video on IGN of both of those games. And most people commenting said NBA 2K14 looked way better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Don't know, but i saw a comparison video on IGN of both of those games. And most people commenting said NBA 2K14 looked way better.

It's apparently got hours of interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Thanks for all the replies, frustrating that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Have the prices for downloading the games been put up yet? Just wondering whether to preorder a few games, would prefer to just download them, but if they are more than €50 might just pre order online

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement