Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Grayditch wrote: »
    I don't know why, but it always feels like it's stopping me from having as much fun as I'd like. For me, it never struck a good enough balance between survival and fun. I can see why others are into them, though.

How I tried to get into it a few times but its very poor. DR3 does not look much better and dropping to 20FPS on the next gen console is laughable. What the hell is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

This will be the first Dead Rising I don't buy. I couldn't get into the first two enough to justify getting the third. I got fairly bored after a few hours.

couldnt agree more. Got the first one soon after 360 purchase and some of the timed missions and having to guard stupid npc's put me off the series for good. I watched the video last week of a "20 min playthrough" but just not sure if there is enough in there to keep me interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

When I had my XB1 pre-orderd this was gonna be the only game I get with it, seeing the recent videos and comments over the last few weeks had totally put me off it, it looks just as repetitive as the previous two and seems buggy/rushed. Expand this pic to full size, it looks terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

CombatCow wrote: »
    When I had my XB1 pre-orderd this was gonna be the only game I get with it, seeing the recent videos and comments over the last few weeks had totally put me off it, it looks just as repetitive as the previous two and seems buggy/rushed. Expand this pic to full size, it looks terrible.

Yeah I've made the brother cancel his pre-order. He is going to wait until Titanfall is out and see if it's picked up by then. Guess it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yo Mamma wrote: »
    Interesting rant here from 'Foxix' over on Neogaf:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89068294&postcount=657

He makes a lot of very good points there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Microsoft reportedly pumped a lot of money into the game, more than what Capcom put into it and were going to use it as the game that showed off all the functions the console had to offer such as SmartGlass, given more time I would say it could of been a good game, but it has turned out to be a mess, sub 20 FPS in places according to the Digital Foundry article.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,214 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

9 days til launch night............

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

9 days til launch night............

Smyths aren't doing a midnight launch, so I will have to wait til Friday morning to get my hands on it.

Not a massive issue - wouldn't barely have played it following a midnight launch, probably would have had just enough time to unbox it before falling asleep!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Xenji wrote: »
    Microsoft reportedly pumped a lot of money into the game, more than what Capcom put into it and were going to use it as the game that showed off all the functions the console had to offer such as SmartGlass, given more time I would say it could of been a good game, but it has turned out to be a mess, sub 15 FPS in places according to the Digital Foundry article.

While the performance is disappointing that above is a tad misleading.
    The statement from the team is that a locked 30fps is targeted here, but in the build we saw there's a huge gap to be bridged in this regard; drops to 20fps are consistent and sustained when outdoors, with 16fps being our record low during some of the biggest explosions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Be careful with those midnight launches, getting home and stuff. Might sound mad, but I wouldn't put it past scumbags to try something.

• Advertisement

While the performance is disappointing that above is a tad misleading.

Yep, meant sub 20 fps :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

i'm still on the fence about it

just been told that it should work with Sky STB though.

Will know more thursday about that one though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Be careful with those midnight launches, getting home and stuff. Might sound mad, but I wouldn't put it past scumbags to try something.

I'm undecided whether to go or not. Scumbags will be a none issue for me as I'll be in a car and on my way home straight after leaving gamestop, and I don't like like the type of person you'd want to rob either. I look like Nidge with hair and strung out on heroin. Minus the tracksuit tops though.

I might get it first thing in the morning and bring it round to my sisters to download the 8gb Fifa on her super fast internet compared to my ****ty culchieband connection.

Now TV won't be available on Xbox One until summer 2014.
    Now TV, the pay as you go TV service offering access to subscription channels, will not launch on Xbox One until summer 2014, Sky has told VideoGamer.com.

Microsoft had included Now TV in its list of apps set to launch for the Xbox One between November 22 and the spring.

Reaching out to Sky about the lack of Sky Go for Xbox One, a service that has long been available on Xbox 360, a Sky spokesperson said: "We enjoy a long track-record of innovating with Microsoft and look forward to the launch of NOW TV on Xbox One by summer next year. As a dedicated over-the-top service, we have prioritised the availability of NOW TV, to extend the reach of the service to the main TV."

The spokesperson concluded: "Looking ahead, we will also consider any future opportunities for Sky Go."

Sky further clarified that the Now TV app would not launch on Xbox One until summer 2014, with more details due to roll out closer to launch.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/now_tv_wont_be_available_on_xbox_one_until_summer_2014.html

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

A new video showcasing the snap feature

• Registered Users Posts: 22,171 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Smyths aren't doing a midnight launch, so I will have to wait til Friday morning to get my hands on it.

Not a massive issue - wouldn't barely have played it following a midnight launch, probably would have had just enough time to unbox it before falling asleep!

Midnight launch would be good to download the day 1 patch and FIFA or Forza if you get them over night

Ah ill not be doing an all nighter... 2 kids and i my 30s so no thanks lol

I just wanna pick it up get all downloads done and i can be set up for all day on friday gaming :

Gamestop are warning those collecting consoles...

Madness if gamestop dont have security to get people in and iut safely

Bing! Achievement unlocked. Got it home safe.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Gamestop can only realistically have security on their own premises.

• Advertisement

Where did you pick it up from?

logik wrote: »
    Where did you pick it up from?

Oh, **** no, I just mean that's the first task. Sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

should they also get part time staff to go home with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

198321 wrote: »
    should they also get part time staff to go home with you?

Only if they're female staff and have huge.....

gamerscores.

stevenmu wrote: »
    Gamestop can only realistically have security on their own premises.

That is what i am talking about door staff to suss out who is in the store and to spot anyone hanging around. Obviously they can only secure their own premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There is an achievement for buying a day one console so your not far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

ign have "updated" their "all" consoles review of ghosts, gotta pick out the xbo updates now.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/11/05/call-of-duty-ghosts-review

While the Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts has been confirmed by Activision to run at a lower resolution than its PS4 counterpart (720p upscaled to 1080p native, respectively), that numerical difference is less meaningful than you might imagine.

The two versions look nearly identical. Viewing the Xbox One release next to the PS4 , I had difficulty telling them apart. It's possible that the PS4 version looked somewhat sharper, but that may have just been my imagination after confirming the hard resolution difference. The next-gen releases of Call of Duty: Ghosts are so close together that gun to my head, I'd have no confidence in being able to discern which version was which — at least, while the two are standing still.

The Xbox One release's framerate was far more noticeable. As mentioned in the initial review, Call of Duty: Ghosts suffers from consistent framerate drops on the PS4, especially during multiplayer when action got especially hectic. The Xbox One version suffered no such drops, maintaining a steady 60 frames per second throughout.

For a multiplayer shooter, framerate consistency is paramount. Given its relative visual parity with the PS4 release, Call of Duty: Ghosts is a more playable, slightly superior (albeit disappointing) game on Xbox One.

Xbox One score: 7.0 ( only version to keep a steady framerate ) ( IGN gave it a 8.8)
    PS4 score: 6.5 ( IGN Gave it a 8.8 )

From Polygon http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/5/5052646/call-of-duty-ghosts-review

Xenji wrote: »
    Yep, meant sub 20 fps :o

Just watched the video from Eurogamer and a game running at 720p dropping to 20fps has me really worried. The X1 is many times more powerful than the 360, you would not expect DR3 to have issues running at 30fps constant at a resolution of 720p

• Advertisement

I wonder why Ghosts handles the framerates better on Xbox. Call of Duty getting a 7 is bad news for... um.. I dunno. It's still going to sell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement