Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Xenji wrote: »
    Xbox One score: 7.0 ( only version to keep a steady framerate )
    PS4 score: 6.5
    PC Score 6.5

From Polygon http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/5/5052646/call-of-duty-ghosts-review

cool, nice to have some comparions. Interesting this section from IGN..

"On the current-gen versions Ghosts looks nearly identical, though I did encounter occasional framerate issues during the single-player campaign on PS3 and PS4, whereas my time with the Xbox One version was stable throughout."

They've just substituted "Xbox One" for "Xbox 360" .

There is more further on down in the article about 720p vs 1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

syboit wrote: »
    cool, nice to have some comparions. Interesting this section from IGN..

"On the current-gen versions Ghosts looks nearly identical, though I did encounter occasional framerate issues during the single-player campaign on PS3 and PS4, whereas my time with the Xbox One version was stable throughout."

They've just substituted "Xbox One" for "Xbox 360" .

There is more further on down in the article about 720p vs 1080p

IGN gave both next gen versions a 8.8 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Grayditch wrote: »
    I wonder why Ghosts handles the framerates better on Xbox. Call of Duty getting a 7 is bad news for... um.. I dunno. It's still going to sell.

Resolution, thats why. 1080p vs 720p it is a massive difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I wonder why Ghosts handles the framerates better on Xbox. Call of Duty getting a 7 is bad news for... um.. I dunno. It's still going to sell.

Because the X1 is running at 720p and the PS4 is at 1080p. The PS4 is pumping out almost twice the number of pixels on the screen per second than the X1 is. It's not working as hard as the PS4 is even though its less powerful.

Yup, just damn lazy. There was a time when they'd review each version on their own, but lately (and I wonder is it just because we now have possibly 5 versions of the same game) its an "all-in-one" I do like the polygon site, their layout is nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I guess if the developers can't make it run in 1080 properly, they should knock it down to 720. I do have a feeling it's the developers failings, though. I might be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I guess if the developers can't make it run in 1080 properly, they should knock it down to 720. I do have a feeling it's the developers failings, though. I might be wrong.

Almost certainly the developers fault, it's not even running smoothly on the PC

That's what they did for the X1, apparently Ghosts is, was unplayable at 1080p so they had to drop to 720p. The PS4 could/can handle 1080p with some slow down at times so they decided to go with it.

There is DR3 running at 720p and people are going mad that it's not in 1080p yet the X1 is struggling with the frame rate at 720p at times.

I would chalk it up to the developers, the PC version is somewhat of a wreck as well, NBA 2k14 is the highest scoring game so far on both consoles and is 1080p on both with no mention of frame rate issues, well thats what IGN is saying, but they are all over the place at the minute.

The demands of those games would surely be different. I mean, does NBA 2k14 have these lads:

tumblr_mvi0gxXNY51rlf5vao1_500.gif

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    Almost certainly the developers fault, it's even running smoothly on the PC

It's a mess on the PC too. It's needs a minimum of 6gb of RAM just to run a minimum settings. Something wrong there for a game that does not push the graphics benchmark for other games to match. Badly coded game engine is what it is.

It's a mess on the PC too. It's needs a minimum of 6gb of RAM just to run a minimum settings. Something wrong there for a game that does not push the graphics benchmark for other games to match. Badly coded game engine is what it is.

I thought I saw somewhere that its practically the same engine that COD4:modern warfare was built on ? With these yearly releases of COD on current-gen consoles, I wonder if they had any time to seriously upgrade the engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Infinity Ward lost all of their best talent, mostly to Respawn but also to other teams. Hence the crappy COD we are now getting. Treyarch's entry next year should be a marked improvement... though, you know... still COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Is this really a surprise? The majority of multi-platform reviews only get one review.

I can't remember a time when the same site has given a ps3 and Xbox 360 review. Some will recommend a particular version and digital foundry do their thing but there aren't usually separate review scores.

tok9 wrote: »
    Is this really a surprise? The majority of multi-platform reviews only get one review.

I can't remember a time when the same site has given a ps3 and Xbox 360 review. Some will recommend a particular version and digital foundry do their thing but there aren't usually separate review scores.

Just a surprise with Ghosts, as all the reviews I have read cannot seem to agree on anything, and it is the first big game in the different resolutions, you would think they could not score it the same with all the issues both have, good and bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just a surprise with Ghosts, as all the reviews I have read cannot seem to agree on anything, and it is the first big game in the different resolutions, you would think they could not score it the same with all the issues both have, good and bad.

But the main issue is a resolution one which doesn't affect the game play. I've seen reviews which have said the PS4 frame rate is fine and others which said there were major drops so I wouldn't exactly say there is a consistent line.

Generally, they will recommend the better version.. an additional score seems pointless. As it is the score system is pointless imo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads, I have an Xbox one and a PS4 essentially paid off, but I'm honestly thinking of selling both.

Apart from Killer Instinct, nothing is exciting me :-( oh Peggle 2.

Not to be a dick, but I researched as many games as I could before giving anyone any money. Launch line-ups are always brutal. Except the PS1, maybe.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads, I have an Xbox one and a PS4 essentially paid off, but I'm honestly thinking of selling both.

what made you pre-order and pay for both, surely there must have been some launch games that interested you? I'm amazed at the intereset peggle2 gets, I dont think I'd be buying a next-gen console for it though.

Except the PS1, maybe.

Halo on original Xbox ? I don't think I played anything else but Halo for months :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Im sure you can get your money back if you cancel them.

Xbox 360 had a fairly good launch line up I thought when I got it. I loved PGR 3, COD 2, Kameo and Condemned. Didn't like PDZ. Solid gaming for there all during the winter of 2005 for me. Best launch line up yet and the PS4 is looking like it will beat that for me anyways. The X1 just has Forza 5 and DR3 for me at launch. Getting all cross plats for PS this generation for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

New video of Fifa 14 on X Box 1. Sorry its narrated in German.

If it looks this good on Youtube can't wait to play it on my HD TV

Played PDZ with the lads for for days and Kameo was superb, alright. Forgot Condemned was out at launch. Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

D'oh, that's what I meant to say, haha. Edited now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,214 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

FutureGuy wrote: »

Dont try selling them on adverts... oh wait forget i said that

1 euro offered if you can deliver ;)

At this stage you could probably get more than the RRP for both. If you're that kinda guy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Another plus point for going all digital: Xbox One game cases are smaller than the standard DVD/360 case. How annoying.

I don't know if there's a better link than this, sorry:

http://www.whosay.com/status/larry/776884?wsref=tw&code=DAU7cjE

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

CatInABox wrote: »
    Another plus point for going all digital: Xbox One game cases are smaller than the standard DVD/360 case. How annoying.

I don't know if there's a better link than this, sorry:

http://www.whosay.com/status/larry/776884?wsref=tw&code=DAU7cjE

How is that annoying?? do the ps3 cases annoy you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

CatInABox wrote: »
    I don't think it's annoying. PS3 cases are like that already, and all it means is I can put them in a shelf and have more room to put ones horizontally on top of the ones I have up vertically.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement