Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

How is that annoying?? do the ps3 cases annoy you?

Don't have a PS3, so I didn't even know that they were smaller. Fair enough if people are ok with it, but I'm kinda OCD with some things.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I don't think it's annoying. PS3 cases are like that already, and all it means is I can put them in a shelf and have more room to put ones horizontally on top of the ones I have up vertically.

Yeah, I actually like that. I can get one more shelf into the Ikea towers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

CatInABox wrote: »
    Don't have a PS3, so I didn't even know that they were smaller. Fair enough if people are ok with it, but I'm kinda OCD with some things.

They're the same size as blu ray cases

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    They're the same size as blu ray cases

Wow, seems I'm really behind the times on case sizes.

This is what happens when you consume everything digitally :)

I think I've over twice the amount of BluRays than games. at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 hursty1886

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads, I have an Xbox one and a PS4 essentially paid off, but I'm honestly thinking of selling both.

Apart from Killer Instinct, nothing is exciting me :-( oh Peggle 2.

Hi would you be open to above face value offers for Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

hursty1886 wrote: »
    Hi would you be open to above face value offers for Xbox?

why would you offer "above" face value, he might sell it for face value?

reminds me of this I saw this morning http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057065030

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

CatInABox wrote: »

You've never so much as held a PS3 game case before?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

syboit wrote: »
    what made you pre-order and pay for both, surely there must have been some launch games that interested you? I'm amazed at the intereset peggle2 gets, I dont think I'd be buying a next-gen console for it though.

I've been trading games in regularly for months against them both.

I'm still convinced some pyrotechnics we supposed to go off at the Peggle 2 announcement.

tumblr_mo736tq7VD1qf31e7o1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 hursty1886

why would you offer "above" face value, he might sell it for face value?

reminds me of this I saw this morning http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057065030

Twist his arm..pretty desperate....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

The more I see the launch titles for the X1 and the resolution/fps issues the more it is obvious to me that this is not a hardware issue but more a software issue. It is old news that Microsoft were delaying tool releases for developers which has impacted the amount of time developers had to optimise games.

The way the X1 is designed looks to be making it harder for developers to get their heads around when you compare how the PS4s shared memory works which is why developers have been able to get the PS4 to 1080p at launch.

To put this into perspective, look at the below link to the OLD COD Black Ops II on PS3 and XBOX 360 which was hitting 54fps - 60fps on the 360. Now I know the resolution was lower on this game but it was not a million miles away from the X1 launch resolution for COD and is was running 2xAA!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-on-console

When you see what 8 year old hardware can achieve and you put the 360 beside the X1 and compare specs, it is clear that the X1 is capable of SO much more and I think it is capable of 1080p easily. 360 has 512MB RAM vs 5GB is usable RAM in the X1 etc.

The main issue here is that Microsoft and EA etc pushed developers to release games early or have them ready, whilst all along using tools that were only released to developers sometimes weeks before the games had to go to production.

After the rushed launch calms down and Microsoft release updates for the X1 I believe that when the next round of games hit the market, we will see the X1 and PS4 both hitting 1080p with stable framerates.

It just takes time for developers to find the best way to optimise games on each platform.

The fault of the negative reviews lies with Microsoft and EA etc for rushing everything. In 6 months, the talk of 1080p and framerates will be a thing of the past.

People should only worry if something like Forza runs into trouble, a game made for the Xbox One. I've never trusted the outcome of Dead Rising, to be honest.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    You've never so much as held a PS3 game case before?

Nope. Not even a Bluray case either, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

logik wrote: »
    360 has 512MB RAM vs 5GB is usable RAM in the X1 etc.

Well I suppose the same could have been said for the ps3 in the early days, when the tools got better and devs got better working on them they were able to get the most out of the system (even though initially they said it was harder to dev for).
    I wonder along with making the dev tools better on XBO, will MS tune the OS more and free up more memory to be used for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How's it going to work running one xbox live account on 2 machines?

For example, having a 360 in one room and the one in another then both consoles start watching netflix or sky at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Well, if you have Gold on one account, all accounts on that console have Gold. I don't think they'll be wanting you to have your profile on two systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Well I suppose the same could have been said for the ps3 in the early days, when the tools got better and devs got better working on them they were able to get the most out of the system (even though initially they said it was harder to dev for).
    I wonder along with making the dev tools better on XBO, will MS tune the OS more and free up more memory to be used for games.

Yes, much like that. Only thing is the X1 has been even more rushed.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Well, if you have Gold on one account, all accounts on that console have Gold. I don't think they'll be wanting you to have your profile on two systems.

So if I decide to keep using my 360 online in another room they might want me to buy a multi room subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

So if I decide to keep using my 360 online in another room they might want me to buy a multi room subscription?
    Just looked around see if I could find something. Good news.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/08/05/ask-microsoft-anything-about-xbox-one
    If I sign in to Xbox Live on my Xbox One, will I also be able to sign in on the same account on my 360 at the same time? Say someone is using the Xbox One in the living room and I'm playing my 360 in my bedroom. Will I be able to use the same account?

WHITTEN: Yes this works! You’ll be able to be signed on with the same gamertag on both an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One console at the same time. However, like today, you can only be signed into one Xbox 360 and one Xbox One at a time.

Thanks, not that good a news, it means I can't be online in a game and somebody else watching netflix in another room if I'm reading it right.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Thanks, not that good a news, it means I can't be online in a game and somebody else watching netflix in another room if I'm reading it right.

You're not reading it right.

You can be signed in on one 360 and one X1 simultaneously but only one of each.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm still convinced some pyrotechnics we supposed to go off at the Peggle 2 announcement.

tumblr_mo736tq7VD1qf31e7o1_500.gif

Nah that's just John being himself really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

CombatCow wrote: »
    Nah that's just John being himself really.

While I enjoyed the conference I couldn't help but look away when he came on, I bet hes watching the reply of the conference thinking "omg wtf was I like"
    Specially seen how fake he was acting it out:pac:

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    While I enjoyed the conference I couldn't help but look away when he came on, I bet hes watching the reply of the conference thinking "omg wtf was I like"
    Specially seen how fake he was acting it out:pac:

It was cringeworthy but I'm sure he was thinking along the lines of "I totally nailed that peggle announcement" \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Massive truck being unloaded outside the Ambassador this morning, Xbox stuff everywhere.

Getting close now :)

Anyone know the trade in value of a 250Gb Slim in Gamestop?

Roughly €90, you could ring for a definite price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Anyone know the trade in value of a 250Gb Slim in Gamestop?

Gamestop posted this on Pinterest showing trade in deals for the Xbox One

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/321937073334162770

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

Gamestop posted this on Pinterest showing trade in deals for the Xbox One

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/321937073334162770

Now I might be interested :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement