Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I haven't experienced any of that and neither have the guys I play with...

You might have a bad install. I'd try reinstalling the game.

Have you visited the BF4 forum? There are 10s of thousands of posts relating to major issues across all platforms. DICE have come out to apologise for the mess, either you have been incredibly lucky or you just haven't noticed the issues.

You only have to look here for 1 minute to see how broken this game is.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2832654348411908864/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I haven't experienced any of that and neither have the guys I play with...

You might have a bad install. I'd try reinstalling the game.

Yip. I reinstalled, the issues still persist.

Most people I play with it have had similar issues, there seems to be widespread issues from reading online.

Losing singleplayer progress is another one if the game crashes, that happened me once, so I made sure to finish the SP, before going near the online again, as it crashes a lot.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

...a lot of bad installs then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

logik wrote: »
    Have you visited the BF4 forum? There are 10s of thousands of posts relating to major issues across all platforms. DICE have come out to apologise for the mess, either you have been incredibly lucky or you just haven't noticed the issues.

You only have to look here for 1 minute to see how broken this game is.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2832654348411908864/

I thought the chat was about Cod Ghosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Then you're talking about the wrong game :)

• Advertisement

I am talking about COD Ghosts.

Oh, well I meant I would rather play BF, as I don't play COD games any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I thought the chat was about Cod Ghosts.

Ah ok ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

This may be stupid question, but I haven't seen any discussion either way but will we actually need a headset or could the microphone on Kinect work for parties, game and private chat?

Also, I know the last one couldn't but will this Kinect be able to take pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Oh, well I meant I would rather play BF, as I don't play COD games any more.

I prefer COD when Treyarch make it. I am looking forward to playing BF4 on the XB1 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Seemingly you have to beat the ps4 with a stick to get the menu to come up, http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/broken-playstation-4-systems

• Advertisement

I prefer COD when Treyarch make it. I am looking forward to playing BF4 on the XB1 today.

I absolutely hate Treyarch, I will not forgive them for World at War, the amount of cheap deaths at the hands of enemies spawning behind me and being bombarded by 100s of grenades during the campaign, they won't get another cent from me. :pac: (granted they may have improved since).

Anyways, back to X1 chat.

I always thought the kinect picked up too much game and background noise when using it for a mic.

I would normally mute people who were using it, as you could hear every sound of their game being played, very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Seemingly you have to beat the ps4 with a stick to get the menu to come up, http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/broken-playstation-4-systems

Kotaku found out it is a problem with the HDMI port, and before people start bashing it, it is manufactured by the same company who made the XB1 HMDI port Foxconn, so expect to see similar issues possibly making the news on its release, although it has only been confirmed in 7 PS4 consoles so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Seemingly 99.9% of people are having no trouble with the PS4.

There hasn't been similar issues though? Well none reported anyway but about 8 reported for the ps4.
    Fox is massive there probably made in different factory's. I'm not buying your assumption that just because the ps4 has faults the xbox one will have the same.

There hasn't been similar issues though? Well none reported anyway but about 8 reported for the ps4.
    Fox is massive there probably made in different factory's. I'm not buying your assumption that just because the ps4 has faults the xbox one will have the same.

They are all being assembled in the same plant

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128559-Foxconn-Reportedly-Making-PS4s-With-Forced-Student-Labor
    Just for reference, 10% of Microsoft's Xbox One components are also assembled at the Foxconn plant.

IGN and one of the Taco Bell winners are saying the same as Kotaku and the fella who was streaming his when it failed is saying the same, the original Taco Bell one was found out to be deliberately bricked according to Neogaf, and the others I do not know.

I would not like to see this happening to either console, but you had 4000 of these Taco Bell Consoles and 2 people so far are having issues, till more start saying stuff I do not think it is a issue.

The iPhone is made by the same place along with loads of other tech, im still not buying the notion that because one product they make is faulty so must every other product carry the same fault.

Hitting the papers now, http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/ps4-launch-early-reports-of-hardware-faults-dog-the-console-8939161.html. Could be big trouble for sony if they don't get a handle on it, seems there good initial pr is being chewed up the closer we get to launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

The HDMI ports are in totally different places on totally different boards in on totally different chassis on PS4 and XB1.

Not a great assumption to make to be fair.

The iPhone is made by the same place along with loads of other tech, im still not buying the notion that because one product they make is faulty so must every other product carry the same fault.

Hitting the papers now, http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/ps4-launch-early-reports-of-hardware-faults-dog-the-console-8939161.html. Could be big trouble for sony if they don't get a handle on it, seems there good initial pr is being chewed up the closer we get to launch.

I am just speaking of the component, it will be the same component in both consoles, made in the same factory, if is something universal that they use it could be a issue, if it is tailored to the systems then it more then likely will not be, but we do not know yet.

I find it funny that each article is referencing the same 4 cases and nothing new since Tuesday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

This launch/generation is turning into a total clusterf**k.

I doubt that there will be something as bad as the RROD this time though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

The HDMI ports are in totally different places on totally different boards in on totally different chassis on PS4 and XB1.

Not a great assumption to make to be fair.

Exactly. Could be pressure exerted on the port by the console's chassis that's causing solder breaks or something. The factory could be one factor - the outright design could be another. Could even just be one faulty batch of HDMI ports that went out to fulfil early release and review units.

• Advertisement

You just made that up, or can you provide a link that proves it's the exact same component.

You just made that up, or can you provide a link that proves it's the exact same component.
    I am just speaking of the component, it will be the same component in both consoles, made in the same factory, if is something universal that they use it could be a issue, if it is tailored to the systems then it more then likely will not be, but we do not know yet.

I may of edited that after you saw it.

If it's not the same as the Xbox One, sure why is it being discussed here? Seems silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Xenji wrote: »

Will it be the exact same component though? Link please!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Nolimits wrote: »
    This may be stupid question, but I haven't seen any discussion either way but will we actually need a headset or could the microphone on Kinect work for parties, game and private chat?

Also, I know the last one couldn't but will this Kinect be able to take pictures?

Not stupid at all, early on around the console reveal, microsoft weren't planning to pack in a headset with the console as they wanted to push using kinect 2.0 for game chat. In recent days turtle beach and other headset manufacturers have come out and said that as a workaround you can use your headset for game audio and the kinect as the microphone until they release the new adapter.

I know its hard to tell from advertising demos, but the skype call quality seems to be good, so perhaps the kinect might be good enough after all.

Grayditch wrote: »
    If it's not the same as the Xbox One, sure why is it being discussed here? Seems silly.

Probably due to all all the bad press that MS has brought on itself and IW then with the resolution issues, it's probably a breath of fresh air to see the competitor getting a bit of bad press.

Will it be the exact same component though? Link please!

Clam down, I said we do not know, there is just a chance if the port is universal it could cause issues, that is all, but as I said we do not know.

Probably due to all all the bad press that MS has brought on itself and IW then with the resolution issues, it's probably a breath of fresh air to see the competitor getting a bit of bad press.

Hmmm. I see. My thought process works differently, which is why I'm confused. :)

Grayditch wrote: »
    Hmmm. I see. My thought process works differently, which is why I'm confused. :)

Could end up being bad news for XBOX One too if its the same part, but who knows.

• Advertisement

Could end up being bad news for XBOX One too if its the same part, but who knows.

Well that would make sense, like the lad who brought it up the last time, gave the valid reason that it could happen with the Xbox. I just find it weird that this time it was brought up by someone who is of the opinion that this is an unrelated problem to the Xbox One.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement