Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I hunted down where it's mentioned by Kotaku here. Just search for HDMI.
    Kotaku wrote:
    A colleague and I were able to compare it to a second PS4 that did work and we found that the issue was rather simple: the bad unit had a faulty HDMI jack that we couldn't fully plug an HDMI cable into. It couldn't make a solid connection and therefore, apparently, couldn't transmit a stable signal to our TV. We tried different cables and monitors. The issue was with the console.

Sounds to me like there was a physical problem with the HDMI port on Kotakus PS4, and not a problem with the HDMI component overall. This seems to be a separate issue to all the others affecting the PS4, as their consoles seem to brick while downloading something.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

huh...right...so, no issue so far...will wait for widespread RRoD-esque reports before casting aspersions ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

As has already been stated, it could be to do with how the PS4 is packaged. It is a very tight chassis and some parts make get crushed during the assembly. Only time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

huh...right...so, no issue so far...will wait for widespread RRoD-esque reports before casting aspersions ;)

That's only one issue mentioned there's a few, they've a fix for the one where it bricks itself:
    1. Remove the HDD

2. Turn on the PS4 (without the HDD)

3. Turn the PS4 off and Put the HDD back in

4. Turn the PS4 back on again.

5. The system should now boot to the OS.

This will re-format the HDD, so its best if we backup our saves to USB while we wait for Sony to give us a permanent fix.

Lol, lucky they have a removable hard drive eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

That's only one issue mentioned there's a few, they've a fix for the one where it bricks itself:
    1. Remove the HDD

This will re-format the HDD, so its best if we backup our saves to USB while we wait for Sony to give us a permanent fix.

great info for the xbox forum cheers...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

1. Remove the HDD

Guy, I think you're reading a lot into very little.

I guess it's easier for me to be objective when I've no intention of getting either console on launch, waiting for the bug fixes (hardware and software) was always my plan - I've mentioned such several times in this very thread now :cool:

Nolars wrote: »
    great info for the xbox forum cheers...

Brings a smile to the faces of people with Xbox One pre orders. Xbox has got a pasting so far, no harm in balancing things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Brings a smile to the faces of people with Xbox One pre orders. Xbox has got a pasting so far, no harm in balancing things up.

Had a feeling that was what was going on. People coming on to read about Xbox see a page of PS4 arguments. Nice job!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Christ, I just realised that I've been taking part in a PS4 discussion for no reason whatsoever.

Sorry about that. Will try harder not to get sucked into troll wars again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nazzu

8 consoles out of thousands that are already in the wild, would hardly call that balancing things up, why dont you wait to see if 100's more having issue and then you can start saying it is a it is a problem, if 8 consoles brings a smile to your face, you most be having a fairly dull day :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That is pretty sad. Guessing you're still in school?

Semi decent South Park last night on Ps4 V xbox + game of thrones and Black Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Nazzu wrote: »
    8 consoles out of thousands that are already in the wild, would hardly call that balancing things up, why dont you wait to see if 100's more having issue and then you can start saying it is a it is a problem, if 8 consoles brings a smile to your face, you most be having a fairly dull day :p

8 consoles out of thousands is probably well under expected failure rates for any electronic device.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Had a feeling that was what was going on. People coming on to read about Xbox see a page of PS4 arguments. Nice job!

Seemingly the problem could show up on the xbox as there made in the same factory.

Seemingly the problem could show up on the xbox as there made in the same factory.

Wow. I could have sworn you got into a full page argument with Xenji about how that's not the case. I might be wrong, though.
    Fox is massive there probably made in different factory's. I'm not buying your assumption that just because the ps4 has faults the xbox one will have the same.

Wow. I could have sworn you got into a full page argument with Xenji about how that's not the case. I might be wrong, though.

It wasn't an argument but it was amusing to watch how quickly the xbox got dragged down into a ps4 fault.
    It was posted as a bit of light refreshment for xbox fans but escalated quickly into a faulty xbox one.

When will Forza, Ryse etc be reviewed does anyone know?

It wasn't an argument but it was amusing to watch how quickly the xbox got dragged down into a ps4 fault.
    It was posted as a bit of light refreshment for xbox fans but escalated quickly into a faulty xbox one.

In fairness, you're a fanboy. In an internet war. Over two pieces of technology. I mean this with all respect, I wish I could get my kicks that easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

When will Forza, Ryse etc be reviewed does anyone know?

Possibly tomorrow, if the embargo is lifted on the 15th.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Possibly tomorrow, if the embargo is lifted on the 15th.

All 9's and 10's for Forza. I expect some harshness on Ryse.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nazzu

It was just pointed out that if both consoles use the same universal component made in the same factory you could have similar issues, your original post was fairly troll worthy, some people here are getting both consoles :D and actually want to see both succeed for competition sake.

• Advertisement

Id love for Ryse to be good but it does look very repetitive in any videos Ive watched.

That's my view as well.

The only question that I have now is what game to get. I was going to get Dead Rising 3, but from the previews, it still suffers from some problems that the originals had, so I've gone cold on it.

I'm looking at Forza, but I'm not a massive car nut. Really like the burnout games, but not sure if that will transfer to Forza.

I can't tell you how much I want to play Forza, despite having clocked up only about 10 hours on the last one and less on Gran Turismo. Something about racing sims always makes convince myself I want them.

And a wheel. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I reckon Ryse will be the XB1 equivalent to Knack score wise, Dead Rising as well, but Forza will be 8's and 9's across the board.

Nazzu wrote: »
    It was just pointed out that if both consoles use the same universal component made in the same factory you could have similar issues, you original post was fairly troll worthy, some people here are getting both consoles :D

I've both pre ordered, was going to post it in the ps4 thread until I read some of the comments, it was like a conspiracy theroy in there.
    Seems you'd get lambasted no matter where you posted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I've both pre ordered.

:confused::confused:

Just a question about battlefield.

Is there any point in getting it if you dont play with a team of people you know online?

Is there any modes like free for all in COD were you're left to your own devices?

RasTa wrote: »
    :confused::confused:

Was confused at the start, thought the ps4 had the upper hand, pretty sure the Xbox has now so I'll be selling on the playstation.

115242.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 A new start

Nolimits wrote: »
    This may be stupid question, but I haven't seen any discussion either way but will we actually need a headset or could the microphone on Kinect work for parties, game and private chat?

Also, I know the last one couldn't but will this Kinect be able to take pictures?

The Kinect can be used as a microphone, no need for a headset unless your flatmates take offense to you roaring at it as it fails to understand your commands. Also no reason why it cannot take pictures, its resolution is far higher than the old kinect. Its gesture recognition is a steaming pile of crap though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement