Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

The Kinect can be used as a microphone, no need for a headset unless your flatmates take offense to you roaring at it as it fails to understand your commands. Also no reason why it cannot take pictures, its resolution is far higher than the old kinect. Its gesture recognition is a steaming pile of crap though.

Richard Dower?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Just a question about battlefield.

Is there any point in getting it if you dont play with a team of people you know online?

Is there any modes like free for all in COD were you're left to your own devices?

You can play it alone, but it would be better with a few people you know in the same squad.

There are no free for all modes, its all team based, Team Deathmatch 12 v 12, and Squad Death Match, 4 squads of 4 or 5 all against each other, might be the closest thing to COD.

But the rest is all objective based stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 A new start

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Visions of Richard moving to Norway with a Gameboy to get away from it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoGSdsqIi1sRFgOVAgbQjiCLna39WYrK6SEP3R01en1tiozEDB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Grayditch wrote: »
    Visions of Richard moving to Norway with a Gameboy to get away from it all.

Listening to Norwegian Wood and trying to find himself, that or burning down churches.

You'd still need headphones, though. Multiple voices coming from the T.V is horrible and muffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Just a question about battlefield.

Is there any point in getting it if you dont play with a team of people you know online?

Is there any modes like free for all in COD were you're left to your own devices?

While it is mainly a team and squad based game online you dont have to follow the rules a such. You can place 12v12 where even though you are on a team of 12 it is basically a free for all.

• Advertisement

Will voice commands work here at launch?

I know they have said they will in the UK but are they including us in that like some companies do?

Cant see why it wouldn't cause we do speak english :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

closed account after 4 posts, so it was Richard afterall ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

syboit wrote: »
    closed account after 4 posts, so it was Richard afterall ?
    He'll have a newer start, presumably.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Will voice commands work here at launch?

I know they have said they will in the UK but are they including us in that like some companies do?

Cant see why it wouldn't cause we do speak english :P

One would assume so, it's one of the biggest selling points of the X1 and we don't sound that weird compared to an english or american accent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

So whats the story with all these problems I've heard about with the PS4 being faulty?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

So whats the story with all these problems I've heard about with the PS4 being faulty?

I'd say ya would get info on the ps4 thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Why ask in the Xbox forum in fairness?

Basically the HDMI connections are dodgy on some consoles,not soldered to the board securely, that's all so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Why ask in the Xbox forum in fairness?

Basically the HDMI connections are dodgy on some consoles,not soldered to the board securely, that's all so far.

I thought that HDMI thing wasn't the only thing wrong with them and that there was a serious issue with the HDD's not being formatted or something. People just getting a blue screen when they turn them on.

It would be wrong of me to post in the PS forum considering I only have maybe 1 post in the PS forum and have always posted in the Xbox forum. If I asked in there they'd probably think I'm an Xbox fanboy just over there to gloat about the expensive bricks they just bought.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I thought that HDMI thing wasn't the only thing wrong with them and that there was a serious issue with the HDD's not being formatted or something. People just getting a blue screen when they turn them on.

It would be wrong of me to post in the PS forum considering I only have maybe 1 post in the PS forum and have always posted in the Xbox forum. If I asked in there they'd probably think I'm an Xbox fanboy just over there to gloat about the expensive bricks they just bought.

nailed it :cool:

• Advertisement

probably think I'm an Xbox fanboy just over there to gloat about the expensive bricks they just bought.

The irony.

MOD: Don't do that again.

Actually, one thread would suit me down to the ground, instead of bopping between both.

Here's some cool PS4 stuff that's been going down for those afraid to venture into the "hornets nest" over there! ;)

I'll keep updating if there's interest :)

No thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No thanks.

There's a few, though man. You're head must be wrecked with PS4 coming up all the time, but one thread is savage. You'll learn to love it!

I'll keep updating if there's interest :)

Thanks, but no, not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sure a lot of people will be happy about this

w96mdgX.png

Xenji wrote: »
    Sure a lot of people will be happy about this

w96mdgX.png

That is good news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

don't forget the dreaded ps4 "wobble"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What 7 year old games are they going to give for free on the One? Oh the possibilities.....

Without it being indie games or something like that, I wonder is it an indication they will have backwards compatiibility working on the One at some point, via emulation/software.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement