Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If they build it up, and up then give away some old-ass game, it's going to annoy a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

What 7 year old games are they going to give for free on the One? Oh the possibilities.....

Without it being indie games or something like that, I wonder is it an indication they will have backwards compatiibility working on the One at some point, via emulation/software.

A free game is still a free game and unlike Playstation Store, once you get the free game on gold, its yours for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Grayditch wrote: »
    Sure we'll see how it goes. There's a lot more PS4 interest in the thread. Look at the last few pages :)

check the mod note in your original post :pac: think theirs alot more people against it

I doubt they'll ever match PsPlus. I hope they do. The amount of free games on both consoles, would be delicious.
    2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

check the mod note in your original post think theirs alot more people against it

The mods are allowing pages of PS4 interest, so it seems to be grand. Hybrid thread! Not ideal for people just wanting to read about Xbox, and not Foxconn and Hdmi ports on the PS4, but sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

logik wrote: »
    A free game is still a free game and unlike Playstation Store, once you get the free game on gold, its yours for life.

yeah, but in with PS+ they are generally very good games. not average ones from years ago.

I have no issue with not owning the PS+ titles - for any single player title I will generally get a few weeks out of it then probably never go back. Also, I have kept XBL going for the majority of the last 8 years - i don't see why I would dump PS+ once I get used to having it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Just been reading this. Could you imagine getting your new next gen console and it not working. I'd be fuming.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/14/5103666/ps4-sony-investigating-reported-pre-launch-ps4-hardware-issues

Titanfall on Xbox only!!

Photo, or Forza?
    e32013-12.jpg

Forza ;)

Grayditch wrote: »

when consoles reach that level in game, then i will be impressed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

OK everyone my patience with this thread and a number of its posters has ended today. We have had enough discussion pertaining to the PS4 and both systems have been compared to death. I thought people might be mature enough to be able to have a decent discussion but there is always a few that ruin it.

No discussion pertaining to PS4. Period.

Regular users, I ask you to report any post breaking the above. I will be handing out week bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I see that all downloaded X1 games will have 1000G points which is the same as main release games. Not sure why Microsoft would make this change, can you think of any benefits?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-14-downloadable-xbox-one-games-have-1000-gamerscore

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Will only lead to either stupid or over-valued achievements. What once was worth 20g in a XBLA game will be worth 100g.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I see that all downloaded X1 games will have 1000G points which is the same as main release games. Not sure why Microsoft would make this change, can you think of any benefits?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-14-downloadable-xbox-one-games-have-1000-gamerscore

Encourage more cheveo hunters to buy more games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

'' Forza picture ''

All games have amazing pictures and trailers, still remember breathtaking trailer for GTA 5 and result is very far from it .. (still looks good)

However if that is ingame picture and you see that in game, very impressive .. can't wait for review .. I'm getting PS4 but im sure I will find somebody who owns xbox to play it

I think sales of NFS on xbox one is going to be very low since most people will get Forza.

Not to mention Forza is probably only game out of all (xbox + PS4) that looks truly next gen ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Will only lead to either stupid or over-valued achievements. What once was worth 20g in a XBLA game will be worth 100g.

I miss games that had a load of small point achievements like some of the earlier 360 games and the Orange Box. There is nothing stopping developers putting in more than 40-50 cheveos for 1000gs. They could put in 60-70 and have a load of fun 5 pointers.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

5g for carrying a gnome through half the game isn't what I'd call fun. ;)

But yea I agree - when done well, small achievements are rewarding.

I'm a bit worried that the main game I want for Xbox one will be hard to source here in Ireland at launch.

NBA 2K14. Its the only launch game not on the Xbox One section of the Smyths website and then I saw this picture on Gamestop.ie

NBA2K14%20leaguepass.jpg

Hmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'm a bit worried that the main game I want for Xbox one will be hard to source here in Ireland at launch.

NBA 2K14. Its the only launch game not on the Xbox One section of the Smyths website and then I saw this picture on Gamestop.ie

Hmmmmmm

Took a minute to notice the release date, thought it was that you didn't want to deal with Gamestop at first.

Amazon says November 22, 2013 for the ONE.

Just hope theres not a last minute delay like the marvel lego game - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-13-lego-marvel-super-heroes-to-miss-the-xbox-one-launch

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

It was up for download all 43GB of it on the leaked videos so it should be ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Any word what retail games will have. Would Microsoft increase it to 2000?

• Advertisement

198321 wrote: »
    '' Forza picture ''

All games have amazing pictures and trailers, still remember breathtaking trailer for GTA 5 and result is very far from it .. (still looks good)

However if that is ingame picture and you see that in game, very impressive .. can't wait for review .. I'm getting PS4 but im sure I will find somebody who owns xbox to play it

I think sales of NFS on xbox one is going to be very low since most people will get Forza.

Not to mention Forza is probably only game out of all (xbox + PS4) that looks truly next gen ..

I would say it is from the game, but not gameplay. Forza has that showroom view mode - that is what the image is from. It is in game, but the highest render in the game. I wouldn't say you will get that quality in the actual races.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Does anyone have any idea when the reviews for DR3,Ryse and Forza will be out?

I think someone said the embargo lifts tomorrow, and the reviews should pop up.

Varik wrote: »
    Took a minute to notice the release date, thought it was that you didn't want to deal with Gamestop at first.

Amazon says November 22, 2013 for the ONE.

Unlike all the other Xbox One games on Amazon though it doesn't have the "guarantee for launch day delivery" option :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,214 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Unlike all the other Xbox One games on Amazon though it doesn't have the "guarantee for launch day delivery" option :eek:

Surely you can buy it on the live store?

Surely you can buy it on the live store?

To be honest the main reason its annoying me is because I have NBA 2K14 in an order with an extra controller on gamestop. Just hope they dont hold off on sending my controller if they have no NBA to ship and I really need the extra controller for launch weekend.

Ah well its probably nothing :D I might just cancel the order and do 2 separate orders just incase though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Xenji wrote: »
    Sure a lot of people will be happy about this

w96mdgX.png

2013 surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

So went to the xbox one tour event yesterday. The graphics look great in the games. Forza looks amazing. When playing all the games yesterday you quickly forget resolutions when you see how good the graphics are. The controller is brilliant.

I posted more detail about the event here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87513689&postcount=123

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

So went to the xbox one tour event yesterday. The graphics look great in the games. Forza looks amazing. When playing all the games yesterday you quickly forget resolutions when you see how good the graphics are. The controller is brilliant.

I posted more detail about the event here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87513689&postcount=123

Sounds great, I'll be there tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Man those headsets at the tour... :O

Any idea if they have wireless Xbox One versions?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement