Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Balls, didn't know Marvel Heroes was delayed. Was looking forward to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

So went to the xbox one tour event yesterday. The graphics look great in the games. Forza looks amazing. When playing all the games yesterday you quickly forget resolutions when you see how good the graphics are. The controller is brilliant.

I posted more detail about the event here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87513689&postcount=123

Well thats good news. Did you play all available games?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

GTR63 wrote: »
    2013 surely?

I wouldn't imagine they have any XB1 games ready yet for the games for gold service in 2013, will be interesting to see what they offer up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This would be more up my alley than Dead Rising.

The map at the start looks identical to a MW3 or 2 map.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-soYsdkw260

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

CombatCow wrote: »
    I wouldn't imagine they have any XB1 games ready yet for the games for gold service in 2013, will be interesting to see what they offer up.
    What are the odds of Killer Instinct being the first one they offer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Grayditch wrote: »

What did ya say, I didn't hear ya the first time? :pac:

High, as its already free, they will just give an extra few characters. People probably won't buy LocoCycle or the Golf game now, as they will expect to get them free later.

Maestro84 wrote: »
    Any word what retail games will have. Would Microsoft increase it to 2000?
    Microsoft are taking this generation as "Games are Games are Games" - there'll be no difference between Arcade and Retail games (no separate marketplace, no difference for file size, no difference for GS available in the game).

This included the ID@XBox games as well - so I'm not sure how they will do quality control on those to prevent a million Avatar clones from being released offering up 1000GS for turning up, flooding the system with easy score and 'ruining' Gamerscore for everyone.

maximoose wrote: »
    Balls, didn't know Marvel Heroes was delayed. Was looking forward to that!

Only delayed by a week - http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/11/13/lego-marvel-delayed-on-xbox-one

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    What did ya say, I didn't hear ya the first time? :pac:

Ha, sorted. I'm gonna blame the phone on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Early previews for Froza, Dead Rising, Killer Instinct and Ryse http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/jeux/console-microsoft-xbox-one/previews-xbox-one-forza-motorsports-5-ryse-dead-rising-3-killer-instinct-article-600854-1.html

They say you should buy all the games except for Ryse, which they reckon they were half way through after just 90 mins.
    Because the title is likely to be only a technological showcase, visual prowess hiding bad aesthetically vulgar reading of ancient Rome and focused on a system of highly repetitive fighting game design. A not (probably) not buy or Day One, not ever.

A representative from MS stated though it took 9 hours to finish it, but we will just have to wait and see.

Actually it can be beaten quicker then that according to the developer

iffPbwN5Jtn1R.png

I think we have our first free reward game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The early previews above are close to my own thoughts - I loved Killer Instinct and Forza when I played them in September, and although I didn't play Ryse there was huge disappointment surrounding it at the event. I enjoyed DR3 but I will wait for a proper review before I buy - the framerate seems to be an issue.

Wow, 6.5-8.5 hours for a next gen launch... thats not good.

logik wrote: »
    Wow, 6.5-8.5 hours for a next gen launch... thats not good.

There's probably multiplayer they're banking on.

CoD:Ghosts or Battlefield campaign anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Isn't Killer Instinct F2P anyway?

Battlefield, on easy could be blasted through in about 4hrs.

My playthrough on normal was about 8 or 9 possibly. Definitely not much longer. But with these titles the multiplayer is where the longevity is, I don't know if Ryse has much online features to give it any longevity.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Isn't Killer Instinct F2P anyway?

It is, but just comes with one character, you have to pay for the rest, unless you were one of the lucky ones that got that email a couple of weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Are there are any decent family games at launch ? Getting one for family for xmas and disappointed that Kinect sports is months away.

Xenji wrote: »
    It is, but just comes with one character, you have to pay for the rest, unless you were one of the lucky ones that got that email a couple of weeks ago.

Out of curiosity, did anyone here get a free code?

I didn't, and know nobody that did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,214 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Grayditch wrote: »

Jesus that looks amazing... now that will be a must buy

For those wondering about the rest of the reviews, they will start coming out on Monday

Xenji wrote: »
    For those wondering about the rest of the reviews, they will start coming out on Monday

Thought the embargo end was today?

Hmm, cant say its the kind of game that I would want to play online.

Thought the embargo end was today?

I thought that as well, seems like the exclusives will be Monday now and BF4 according to Kotaku.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Jesus that looks amazing... now that will be a must buy

Looks good alright, will be keeping an eye on it.

One thing I found funny:

"Now that night has fallen, you must avoid detection by the enemy"

**Whips out electrified sparking machete**

Battlefield, on easy could be blasted through in about 4hrs.

My playthrough on normal was about 8 or 9 possibly. Definitely not much longer. But with these titles the multiplayer is where the longevity is, I don't know if Ryse has much online features to give it any longevity.

Agreed here, I played it on Hard and it only took a few hours to complete. In saying that, I didnt buy the game for the SP and I have never bought BF for the SP. I would actually prefer if for BF5 they forget about the SP altogether and focus on the MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So I checked out the Xbox One last night at the event in the Ambassador...

I have to say I wasn't overly impressed. Forza 4 looked nice graphically but to be perfectly honest with you it's more of the same.

I definitely didn't have the same jump in the gaming experience that I had going from Xbox to Xbox 360 or from PS2 to PS3.

Seems like they're releasing it just for the sake of it. Killer Instinct was fun but that was about it. COD:Ghosts and BF4 was just more of the same with slightly better graphics.

Very underwhelmed imho.

Achilles wrote: »
    So I checked out the Xbox One last night at the event in the Ambassador...

I have to say I wasn't overly impressed. Forza 4 looked nice graphically but to be perfectly honest with you it's more of the same.

I definitely didn't have the same jump in the gaming experience that I had going from Xbox to Xbox 360 or from PS2 to PS3.

Seems like they're releasing it just for the sake of it. Killer Instinct was fun but that was about it. COD:Ghosts and BF4 was just more of the same with slightly better graphics.

Very underwhelmed imho.

So that means Forza 5 is going to look amazing :D

sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Achilles wrote: »

I'm not surprised it was more of the same with Forza 4 being shown and not 5 :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement