Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Does anyone know if they've announced the prices for the games on demand versions yet? I want to get another game besides forza but I'm torn between getting battlefield now or holding out till march for titanfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

8_by_raziel1992-d6ubnne.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

dricko_lim wrote: »
    Reviews out from Monday according to ign with forza on Wednesday and ryse on Thursday. Suspicious that being held until last minute! Bound to be poorly reviewed!

Ryse has already taken a bit of a battering from early previews this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Xenji wrote: »
    Ryse has already taken a bit of a battering from early previews this week.

And thats being nice :). Completion in 6.5 - 8.5 hours is insane. It should at least be double that. I remember seeing the first trailers for Ryse when the Kinect 1.0 was released and that was years ago. What have they being doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

logik wrote: »
    And thats being nice :). Completion in 6.5 - 8.5 hours is insane. It should at least be double that. I remember seeing the first trailers for Ryse when the Kinect 1.0 was released and that was years ago. What have they being doing.

God of War 3 had a playtime of around 8 hours, and is one of the most acclaimed titles of that genre in the last generation.

Apart from RPG titles and sports titles, i wouldn't expect any more than 10 hours of game play from most games, with 8 hours being the average expectancy, for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Those facial expressions in Ryse look creepily good. But much like L.A Noire, good facial animations do not a good game make.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Just back from the Xbox Tour in the Ambassador. Very happy with what I'll be getting on Friday.

The controller is very nice, thumbsticks are softer, some of the buttons have slightly moved and the vibration in the triggers is definitely interesting. The flat back is far better and easier to hold.

The X1 itself does not look as big as it does in the pics, the kinect seems to look more compact and isn't heavy.

Obviously it was just the games and the UI was not really on display. (If you went home to the dashboard, you were told to bring it back into the game. Although the auto resume was pretty sweet if it works the way it did today)

As far as the games are concerned, Forza was fantastic, graphically and gameplay wise. Dead Rising surprised me, its far better then the reviews lead you to believe, and also they are adding voice support through Kinect in a patch after launch, so you better tell your friends to keep quiet!

Fifa 14 and BF4 were both as expected. The sound and particle effects in BF4 really make it stand out. I did have to adjust the sensitivity a little to get a better feel for the game.

Ryse was good, not my cup of tea though. Its a button basher with good graphics. As was Killer Instinct.

As far as the Kinect is concerned, we played Kinect Sports Rivals, the jet skiing sport. Graphics were good and the Kinect worked well.

All in all, very pleased and looking forward to getting my hands on the UI when it's out on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

dricko_lim wrote: »
    Reviews out from Monday according to ign with forza on Wednesday and ryse on Thursday. Suspicious that being held until last minute! Bound to be poorly reviewed!

Not a good sign for Ryse. Seen this for years with ign, where poor games get reviewed very late or even after they hit the shops.
    No mention of ign reviewing BF4 ?

IGN lists their review release dates here.
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/11/15/where-are-igns-xbox-one-reviews

Only exclusive titles and the hardware get the reviews, no multiplatform titles.

First look at Xbox One achievements pictures

vbXK5EF.jpg

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/401575431511347200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just fully paid off my Xbox One!

ITzedXg.gif

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Xenji wrote: »
    First look at Xbox One achievements pictures

Is just a different view of the achievement list (i'm completely assuming that there's still an achievement list)

mark_m360 wrote: »
    Just back from the Xbox Tour in the Ambassador. Very happy with what I'll be getting on Friday.

The controller is very nice, thumbsticks are softer, some of the buttons have slightly moved and the vibration in the triggers is definitely interesting. The flat back is far better and easier to hold.

The X1 itself does not look as big as it does in the pics, the kinect seems to look more compact and isn't heavy.

Obviously it was just the games and the UI was not really on display. (If you went home to the dashboard, you were told to bring it back into the game. Although the auto resume was pretty sweet if it works the way it did today)

As far as the games are concerned, Forza was fantastic, graphically and gameplay wise. Dead Rising surprised me, its far better then the reviews lead you to believe, and also they are adding voice support through Kinect in a patch after launch, so you better tell your friends to keep quiet!

Fifa 14 and BF4 were both as expected. The sound and particle effects in BF4 really make it stand out. I did have to adjust the sensitivity a little to get a better feel for the game.

Ryse was good, not my cup of tea though. Its a button basher with good graphics. As was Killer Instinct.

As far as the Kinect is concerned, we played Kinect Sports Rivals, the jet skiing sport. Graphics were good and the Kinect worked well.

All in all, very pleased and looking forward to getting my hands on the UI when it's out on Friday!

Nice review, did you play BF4 yourself? How did it run? Any issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Was also at the Xbox One event today, made a post about it in another thread. If you are interested, you can view it here.

To sum it up here, the controller is great, but the quality of the games on offer mean I will be giving my launch day console to a mate or cancelling it. IMO, there is simply nothing to justify the €500 price-tag at the moment.

Nice review, did you play BF4 yourself? How did it run? Any issues?

I did indeed. Absolutely no issues at all with the game, it ran perfectly. I had to change the sensitivity down though as it was moving too fast for me but I improved after I did that! The sound effects were excellent I thought and the graphics were also excellent.

mark_m360 wrote: »
    I did indeed. Absolutely no issues at all with the game, it ran perfectly. I had to change the sensitivity down though as it was moving too fast for me but I improved after I did that! The sound effects were excellent I thought and the graphics were also excellent.

So that further cements that DICE built the game for the X1 and PS4 and not the PC or current gen. I had a feeling that the PC, 360 and PS3 versions are simply ports. Seems I was right, the game has been unplayable on the PC and current gen.

I am still going to wait until the new year for my X1. I think once xmas is over and PS4 outsells the X1, Microsoft will have to drop the price and I will pick my one up then.

Benzino wrote: »
    Was also at the Xbox One event today, made a post about it in another thread. If you are interested, you can view it here.

To sum it up here, the controller is great, but the quality of the games on offer mean I will be giving my launch day console to a mate or cancelling it. IMO, there is simply nothing to justify the €500 price-tag at the moment.

Thanks for that, good read. I will be waiting for the price to come down, can't justify paying 500 euro when my 360 is still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Thanks for that, good read. I will be waiting for the price to come down, can't justify paying 500 euro when my 360 is still going strong.

When do you expect the price to come down? Can't see it coming down before Titanfall is released and not for a year at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Went to the XB1 event today:

The controller is good, not a huge leap from the 360 version, I noticed the thumbsticks were smaller ( not sure if that's good or bad, just different), the buttons and triggers were nice although the shoulder buttons felt a bit strange, like they were too big. The feedback in the triggers was good in forza for a bit, but when they they were fully rumbling it just felt like the whole controller was shaking so it lost some of its charm for me.

When I played all the games I checked the heat coming from the top of the console, it was barley warm which was a good sign.

I played Dead rising twice, it was fun but the level was just a run around area with no objectives so I got a bit bored, it looked nice enough and didn't notice any slowdown.

The Ryse demo was difficult ( as advised by the guy in the xbox shirt ) and not much fun, really it felt like a bad version of the batman combat, the character movement was clunky like gears of war, there was also some texture loading issues when starting the game.

Peggle 2 was "Peggle" with new levels.

COD Ghosts was good fun and looked ok, im not much of a cod fan overall but what I played was enjoyable for the type of game it is.

Battlefield was the star of the show for me, and while it didn't look "super next-gen" it looked passable for a launch game, the level had no vehicles unfortunately and was confined to a warehouse area, it took me 5mins or so to get used to the controls and after that I was getting a good few kills. The audio is fantastic, although they were using lovely Astro headsets. I did notice some screen tearing during the match but nothing too significant to distract from the experience.

The "Combo-Breaker" voice in killer instinct brought me right back to the days of playing it on the SNES, the game seemed fine I guess, not really into beat em' ups anymore.

I played fifa and got destroyed 2-0, again im not into football so I don't care for the game.

The cars in forza looked nice, the track was a bit sparse and uninspired and as I said at the top the "impulse trigger" effect got lost most of the time. Need for speed interests me more so i'll be getting that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Anyone know if ya order games of Amazon do they send them out now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

So that further cements that DICE built the game for the X1 and PS4 and not the PC or current gen. I had a feeling that the PC, 360 and PS3 versions are simply ports. Seems I was right, the game has been unplayable on the PC and current gen.

I doubt you can really say that from the BF4 that's on show. I'm sure Xbox One and ps4 will have their problems too, so don't worry too much about that ;)

I doubt you can really say that from the BF4 that's on show. I'm sure Xbox One and ps4 will have their problems too, so don't worry too much about that ;)

I have BF4 for the PC and the 360 and the PC has been unplayable for the most part with crashing constantly. The 360 does not crash as much but it is still horribly bugged.

If you guys are saying you had no crashes and the game ran well etc, it has to be a step up from what I am playing it on.

But yes I am sure the next gen versions will have their faults too, will wait and see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

If anyone has a pre-order in the North Kildare/Dublin area they don't want i'll gladly take it!

Longshot but DM me if you can hook me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

I was at the xbox one tour and game stop have a stand. The girls said you can order now and you will have it before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I ordered my X1 through amazon germany and they have given me a 20 euro code for a selected game. Only problem is the price of the X1 games are shocking.

I ordered my X1 through amazon germany and they have given me a 20 euro code for a selected game. Only problem is the price of the X1 games are shocking.

You could get Crimson Dragon for that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

will i be able to transfer my dlc maps from cod onto xbox one using usb stick, i sold my 360 and am storing them on usb for now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The only good thing at the moment is Xbox one games are not region locked so we can buy them from any country were we can get the games for a decent price.

Can anyone recommend an online store for great prices on xb1 games?

The only good thing at the moment is Xbox one games are not region locked so we can buy them from any country were we can get the games for a decent price.

Can anyone recommend an online store for great prices on xb1 games?

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/ Games work out at about €45 including delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Anyone with the old HDpvr know what cable to get for the new console since it uses a hdmi output? hdmi to component cable ?

I have this also. More than likely it won't be a cable. It will probably be a converter. Hdmi to Component cables. I am just guessing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement