Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Xenji wrote: »
    https://www.videogamesplus.ca/ Games work out at about €45 including delivery.
    company got hacked last year and credit card details were taken, is there duty to be paid ?? customs are getting very strict

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

company got hacked last year and credit card details were taken, is there duty to be paid ?? customs are getting very strict

Been using them for years and and thankfully was not affected they did not get credit card numbers either, it happened nearly two years ago and they have tightened everything right up, they usually just state on the package that they are just dvds and worth about €20 dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Difficult to tell, I'd google around to see if there is a confirmation that it works with the XB1 after launch. I am thinking of just getting a new recorder to save myself the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Xenji wrote: »
    Been using them for years and and thankfully was not affected they did not get credit card numbers either, it happened nearly two years ago and they have tightened everything right up, they usually just state on the package that they are just dvds and worth about €20 dollars.

If you are buying multiple games, is it best to place them as separate orders, to help avoid customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Benzino wrote: »
    If you are buying multiple games, is it best to place them as separate orders, to help avoid customs?

Yeah it would be, plus it would work out basically the same price for delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

will i be able to transfer my dlc maps from cod onto xbox one using usb stick, i sold my 360 and am storing them on usb for now ?

Xbox one isn't backwards compatible so nope, unless you're talking about the freefall map for ghosts as there isn't any map packs released for that yet is there? even then you'd have to redownload it on the xboxone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

I ordered my X1 through amazon germany and they have given me a 20 euro code for a selected game. Only problem is the price of the X1 games are shocking.

Is there any negatives to ordering through amazon germany? Like is it the exact same as ordering from Amazon UK?

Was going to do the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Is there any negatives to ordering through amazon germany? Like is it the exact same as ordering from Amazon UK?

Would also like to know this, some of the other countries amazons have day one editions left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Would also like to know this, some of the other countries amazons have day one editions left.

The day one editions from the German amazon have "Tag Eins" wrote on the controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The day one editions from the German amazon have "Tag Eins" wrote on the controllers.

That's actually pretty cool if they do.

Are they 'premier jour' en france?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

That's actually pretty cool if they do.

Are they 'premier jour' en france?

No. The French models of the day one edition controllers say "Je Me Rends".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Thanks.

I've ordered now so hopefully all goes well and I get myself an Italian day one controller so.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Thanks.

I've ordered now so hopefully all goes well and I get myself an Italian day one controller so.

be careful if you're getting forza, them italian controllers are set up for driving on the right.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

It's actually hard to believe that this Thursday night/Friday morning A LOT of people are going to have a next gen console. Exciting times ahead and i cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

foxerv1 wrote: »
    It's actually hard to believe that this Thursday night/Friday morning A LOT of people are going to have a next gen console. Exciting times ahead and i cannot wait.

Quite the opposite here, totally underwhelmed by what's on offer so I cancelled my pre order.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

None at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Liamalone wrote: »
    Quite the opposite here, totally underwhelmed by what's on offer so I cancelled my pre order.

Im actually the same the closer it gets the more I feel like cancelling my pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Just wish gamestop Galway would actually ring ANY of their customers about preorders

surprising more isnt being made of xbox fitness https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=90vnJ_cNKf0

p90x and insanity are both expensive programs, getting them free for a year is sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's available from launch day as well, we'll all be ripped by Xmas ; )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

didn't realise you still have to install xbox one games to the HDD.

That irritates me so much.

We get the downside of digital games, without the upside of not having to have the discs.

Add to that the fact we can only install around 8 games to the drive.... ugh.

So irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nolars wrote: »
    Im actually the same the closer it gets the more I feel like cancelling my pre-order.

If you want to cancel it I'll gladly take it off you :) I was going to hang on until after Christmas all along but I'm regretting it now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I don't mind installing the games, I install my 360 anyway and just delete the ones I'm not using if I want to create space. Also you will get more than 8 games on it, you could get every launch game on it and still have more than 150gb free going by the install sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Does anybody know how much the digital games will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Nedved85 wrote: »

I would assume between €65 and €75, depending on the game and looking at the current prices on Xbox Live. It is an assumption though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Nedved85 wrote: »
    I have been trying to find that out myself and haven't seen anything official, I reckon they will be €70 but wouldn't be surprised if they are more with MS. I have about €150 credit, I bought cheap points cards, to spend so if they are more than €70 I'll be disappointed as I'll only be able to get one game with the credit I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Add to that the fact we can only install around 8 games to the drive.... ugh.
    I used to always install games to the hard drive with the 360. Yes, the games are bigger now, but you can also play while they are installing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

^I agree with all that, except I thought Dead Rising was a bit meh! Although I've never been a fan of the series. I thought panning the camera looked terribly choppy and glitchy and it just didn't run smoothly, granted there was carnage going on everywhere. Others I played:

FIFA - Played nicely, looks great. Not much else to say about it, standard FIFA experience really.
    Killer Instinct - Not a big fan of Beat 'em Ups but gave it a bash - and by bash I mean button bashing against my gf. She won. Not impressed.
    Forza - Looks simply divine, best looking game of the lot by far. The only game I thought really looked an improvement on the 360. Haptic feedback in the triggers is a great addition, can't wait to get my hands on the full game.
    COD - Played team deathmatch, and after skipping the last few COD yearly updates I have to admit I quite enjoyed it... Think I might pick this up after all. Looks great, ran very smoothly and got a nice 23/8 KD :)
    Kinect Sports Rivals: Jet ski race. It was kinda fun for the first lap or two, but was a bit bored by the end of the race.

Controller is great, big fan of it already. Console itself is smaller than I imagined, looks very slick. I was there around 4 so they would have been on quite a while by that stage, not much heat on any of the consoles I played.

Am I right to say that these were the headsets being used at the ambassador?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

The only good thing at the moment is Xbox one games are not region locked so we can buy them from any country were we can get the games for a decent price.

Can anyone recommend an online store for great prices on xb1 games?

http://www.play-asia.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

wexdevil wrote: »
    Xbox one isn't backwards compatible so nope, unless you're talking about the freefall map for ghosts as there isn't any map packs released for that yet is there? even then you'd have to redownload it on the xboxone
    for some reason i thought this had been changed, balls i should have kept the 360, i will miss mw3 and blops 1 not so much camp ops 2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement