Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Reviews for the following games will be out at 14.00 today

Dead Rising 3
    Killer Instinct
    LocoCycle
    Crimson Dragon
    Powerstar Golf
    Zoo Tycoon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Xenji wrote: »
    Reviews for the following games will be out at 14.00 today

Dead Rising 3
    Killer Instinct
    LocoCycle
    Crimson Dragon
    Powerstar Golf
    Zoo Tycoon

Predictions score wise?

The only ones I have any interest in there are Zoo Tycoon and DR3.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Predictions score wise?

The only ones I have any interest in there are Zoo Tycoon and DR3.

I have not been to a hands on, for either console actually, but from what I have seen I would go with

Dead Rising 3 - 6.0
    Killer Instinct 7.0
    LocoCycle 5.0
    Crimson Dragon 7.5
    Powerstar Golf 7.0
    Zoo Tycoon 7.0

Forza 8.0
    Ryse 5.5

I say they will be inline with that, launch titles usually do not get the highest scores across the board.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Multi platform game, but Need for Speed Rivals just got a 9 from Eurogamer.

Suddenly, it's on my radar, as this is more my style than Forza.

See here

This should be on peoples radar as well if they want a game that goes the extra yard with next gen graphics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Hierro_4

Too expensive at €500. I think I'll get a Wii-U instead, much better selection of games.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Hierro_4 wrote: »
    Too expensive at €500. I think I'll get a Wii-U instead, much better selection of games.

Well done on your console buying decision.

This thread here needs your input immediately:

I Dont have a Wii U - General Depression

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

This should be on peoples radar as well if they want a game that goes the extra yard with next gen graphics.

I've not much interest in this, but a "dynamic living roster" system? Does that mean that from now on, when new players are added/move team, that this game will be updated with it? If so, that's amazing.

Not amazing because it's a feature that would have been difficult to implement, but amazing because it's one of the primary differences between yearly versions. Now apply the same to FIFA, Madden, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

NBA2K14 looks awesome, but far too difficult a game for me. Need to know too much about basketball and have a real understanding of how to defend, which hand to swipe with etc - an amazing simulation but a game I just don't have the time for as a result.

Definitely going with Fifa and NBA 2K for launch.

I said I'd get 3 games but i think ill wait for all the reviews to come out before deciding the third.

• Advertisement

Definitely going with Fifa and NBA 2K for launch.

I said I'd get 3 games but i think ill wait for all the reviews to come out before deciding the third.

Forza and Fifa on the Xbox for me. Dead Rising next in line if I am getting a 3rd.

CatInABox wrote: »
    I've not much interest in this, but a "dynamic living roster" system? Does that mean that from now on, when new players are added/move team, that this game will be updated with it? If so, that's amazing.

Not amazing because it's a feature that would have been difficult to implement, but amazing because it's one of the primary differences between yearly versions. Now apply the same to FIFA, Madden, etc.

Yeah that is what they are trying to do and also if a player is going through a rough patch, it will be mimicked in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

CatInABox wrote: »

MAdden, Fifa and almost every sports game has had this in place for about 4 years now. the service will always expire at the end of the current system 2K are no different

NTMK wrote: »
    MAdden, Fifa and almost every sports game has had this in place for about 4 years now. the service will always expire at the end of the current system 2K are no different

Shows how long it's been since I've played a sports game. The disillusionment I felt when I finally figured out that the updates between years were totally minor meant that I never bought another one.

The new FIFA will be my first in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

XB1 Pre-Launch livestream on Gamespot at 2pm: http://www.gamespot.com

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Forza and NBA 2k14 are the 2 games I've preordered, not convinced by anything else yet, maybe NFS but I think Forza will take most of my time

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

NTMK wrote: »

NBA 2k13 allowed you to share rosters online. Not a perfect solution but it lets you download a user created roster with all the major summer transfers.

I am looking forward to seeing Polygons reviews, expect them to be the opposite of the majority of other review sites scores.

Crimson Dragon

Game Informer 6/10
    Summary
    Concept: Resurrect the on-rails shooter genre with a spiritual successor to Sega’s classic Panzer Dragoon series, but fail to recapture the glory
    Graphics: The environmental design is exotic, but the graphical detail isn’t much better than last-gen games. Not surprising, since it originally began as an Xbox 360 title
    Sound: The music is moody and dramatic, but mostly unremarkable. The voice acting sounds like a Saturday-morning cartoon
    Playability: You control your dragon with the left analog stick and your aiming reticule with the right stick, which takes a bit of getting used to
    Entertainment: Crimson Dragon might offer fans a few cheap thrills of rail shooters, but the repetitive gameplay grows old quickly
    Replay: Moderately Low

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/crimson_dragon/b/xboxone/archive/2013/11/17/a-spiritual-successor-derailing-its-own-fun.aspx
    I loved the original Panzer Dragoon games, so just to make sure I wasn’t misremembering the quality of the series I went back and sampled the library. I had more fun playing the first levels of Sega’s old shooters than I did with my entire time with Crimson Dragon. Hardcore fans of classic on-rails shooters like Star Fox or Space Harrier might be able to play through this while wearing rose-tinted glasses, but it doesn’t hold a candle to its precursors that came out decades ago.

Polygon gives it a 4/10

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/18/5113012/crimson-dragon-review

IGN 5.9/10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The embargo isn't up for everything today. Forza is Wednesday and Ryse on Thursday I believe.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    The embargo isn't up for everything today. Forza is Wednesday and Ryse on Thursday I believe.

Yep, and the Fighter Within is coming at some point also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Killer Instinct

Edge 7/10

http://www.edge-online.com/review/killer-instinct-review/

IGN 8.4
    @eurogamer 1 min
    We're waiting to review Killer Instinct until we can play the game against another human, locally or online, which we have yet to manage.
    :pac:

Gamereactor 7/10

http://www.gamereactor.eu/reviews/99514/Killer+Instinct/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Crikey, I thought that was a bit harsh compared to the game on display at the One Tour, but then I noticed that it was 3.5 out of 5 :)
    That would probably be about right 7-8 out of 10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Gamestop Ireland Xbox One Pick Up Policy from twitter:

http://ow.ly/i/3L40Z/original

Gah, Dead Rising back on my radar. Too many games not enough money.

Pretty solid reviews for games that I didn't expect much of, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Happy enough with the DR3 reviews, I'm a fan of the series and was expecting the reviews to be 6's so I'll be getting it anyway now. Was expecting better from Crimson Dragon though.

Disappointed with the Crimson Dragon reviews - I had that pegged as a title to pick up as it was relatively cheap. Will almost certainly pick up Killer Instinct in its place now so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Surprisingly good reviews for Killer Instinct.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement