Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

dor83 wrote: »
    Happy enough with the DR3 reviews, I'm a fan of the series and was expecting the reviews to be 6's so I'll be getting it anyway now. Was expecting better from Crimson Dragon though.

Crimson Dragon is getting panned by everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I dont fancy my chances of picking up a console on friday seeing as im not free until after 1. Kicking myself I preordered a ps4 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Xenji wrote: »
    Crimson Dragon is getting panned by everyone.
    Yeah, I was thinking about getting it but will leave it now, not a big fan of fighters but if I like the free player in KI I might get the rest of that instead. I might even try the golf game either, I'm a bit of a fan of those games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yeah, I was thinking about getting it but will leave it now, not a big fan of fighters but if I like the free player in KI I might get the rest of that instead. I might even try the golf game either, I'm a bit of a fan of those games.

Nailed on for it being a free 'Games with Gold' title midway through 2014 I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

^ Based on that, LocoCycle will be the first free game with Gold. :pac:

EDIT: @ Mitch. Great minds ;)

These reviews are flying out now, hard to keep up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Nailed on for it being a free 'Games with Gold' title midway through 2014 I reckon.
    Crimson Dragon or the golf game? Probably both with the reviews, I might get the golf one if I have a bit of spare credit on my account but not otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Yeah that is what they are trying to do and also if a player is going through a rough patch, it will be mimicked in the game.

FIFA has done that for years through Live Season, so it's not as amazing as it sounds. :P

• Advertisement

Crimson Dragon or the golf game? Probably both with the reviews, I might get the golf one if I have a bit of spare credit on my account but not otherwise.

Crimson Dragon - but LocoCycle looks to be stinking the place up too so thats probably nailed on too!

I love how Polygon have reviewed Zoo Tycoon as being better than TLOU and has it on par with DR3 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Well it's all about personal opinion, man.

And with that said, it's my personal opinion that Polygon is a joke site :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Forza review ?

So Dead Rising and Killer Instinct look like decent buys according to the reviews.

LocoCycle and Crimson Dragon (Damn...) to be avoided.

No keen on PowerStar golf at all due to its micro transaction stuff.

Very disappointed there doesn't seem to be a good XBL title to go for. Something relatively cheap to add to the more expensive retail games. Disappointing.

198321 wrote: »
    Forza review ?

Not out till Wednesday and it is Thursday for Ryse, which I reckon will be panned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Might be worth to watch out on Metacritic over the next few days for official reviews.
    http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/xboxone/metascore?view=condensed&hardware=all

Although, that being said, possibly best to avoid the User reviews because apparently CoD:Ghosts is a 3.2 user review - and it's not even been released yet. Hmmm, Fanboys much?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Peggle 2 is still looking like the best XBOX ONE game by the long shot, pity it was delayed until next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Although, that being said, possibly best to avoid the User reviews because apparently CoD:Ghosts is a 3.2 user review - and it's not even been released yet. Hmmm, Fanboys much?

You know... it's probably a more accurate score for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

tok9 wrote: »
    You know... it's probably a more accurate score for it.
    It'd be a bit harsh - the current score of about 78 seems more accurate. A good game, not a great game (as Mr. Dunphy says).

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

I love how Polygon have reviewed Zoo Tycoon as being better than TLOU and has it on par with DR3 :pac:

Have you even seen any gameplay? Zoo Tycoon looks surprisingly good.

Polygon are the only outlet that said they didn't notice any differences between PS4 and X1 BF (or Cod, can't remember which), when all other outlets were saying "PS4 looks better due to the 1080p, 60fps" when in truth it was actually running at 720p, 30fps on the PS4 also – so I have to respect them for that, no bull****.

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Have you even seen any gameplay? Zoo Tycoon looks surprisingly good.

Polygon are the only outlet that said they didn't notice any differences between PS4 and X1 BF (or Cod, can't remember which), when all other outlets were saying "PS4 looks better due to the 1080p, 60fps" when in truth it was actually running at 720p, 30fps on the PS4 also – so I have to respect them for that, no bull****.

Most sites said the opposite about CoD actually and that it looked better on the XB1, they are looked upon as a joke as they are funded by Microsoft, they are a running joke on most sites mainly Neogaf, the TLOU review really did not help their cause either.

The game does looks good though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Forza seems the standout title at least based on optimisation for the new hardware. Would be extremely surprised if it wasn't a firm 9/10 game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Forza seems the standout title at least based on optimisation for the new hardware. Would be extremely surprised if it wasn't a firm 9/10 game.

Too bad I'm not a fan of the series :(

Same here - hope so anyway as I am going for it over NFS

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Most sites said the opposite about CoD actually and that it looked better on the XB1, they are looked upon as a joke as they are funded by Microsoft, they are a running joke on most sites mainly Neogaf, the TLOU review really did not help their cause either.

The game does looks good though.

One of the funnier things I've seen was the reaction on NeoGAF to the polygon review.

On Polygon saying that they could not see a difference between 720p and 1080p:

"LOL, Polygon are a total joke for not being able to see the difference between 720p and 1080p"

After it come out that it was running at 720p all along:

"LOL, Polygon are a total joke for not noticing that it was 720p and not 1080p all along!"

Seems they can't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

GameStop facebook page has the pick up policy poster, sorry no link

CatInABox wrote: »
    One of the funnier things I've seen was the reaction on NeoGAF to the polygon review.

On Polygon saying that they could not see a difference between 720p and 1080p:

"LOL, Polygon are a total joke for not being able to see the difference between 720p and 1080p"

After it come out that it was running at 720p all along:

"LOL, Polygon are a total joke for not noticing that it was 720p and not 1080p all along!"

Seems they can't win.

Nope, they are completely chastised over there and constantly discredited when a poster mentions the name and we think we are bad here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Shame about Crimson Dragon but both Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3 got scored better than I thought they would

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement