Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

jaffusmax wrote: »
    GameStop facebook page has the pick up policy poster, sorry no link

14wd4pi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/killer-instinct/achievements/

Achievement lists for some of the games have been posted...94 for Killer Instinct :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Xenji wrote: »
    14wd4pi.jpg

Wonder how many people WONT get an invite even if they order months in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

That pick up policy alone makes be glad I decided to wait till March before getting an XBOX One.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

So it appears that Killer Instinct is one of the top games at launch and it's free b!tches!!!

The fact you can download it, play a single character and access arguably the best ever tutorial system in a fighting game ever, and then decide to pay a measly $20 to unlock all characters is brilliant.

Thee is no reason not to download this. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

FutureGuy wrote: »

Not into fighting games. Won't be downloading. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Nope, they are completely chastised over there and constantly discredited when a poster mentions the name and we think we are bad here.

In fairness, I was I only reading it right after it broke, so it might have settled down since.

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Even just to try it out??? It's actually a ton of fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So it appears that Killer Instinct is one of the top games at launch and it's free b!tches!!!

The fact you can download it, play a single character and access arguably the best ever tutorial system in a fighting game ever, and then decide to pay a measly $20 to unlock all characters is brilliant.

I'll download it, see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    OK, there is only one reason for not downloading :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'll download it and give it a proper go. Hadn't the slightest idea what I was doing at the tour yesterday and just mashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Killer Instinct will probably be totally free by next year, and I still won't be getting it. I'm glad it's getting good reviews, for the people looking forward to it, but I've just always hated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'd say Killer Instinct would have been better off using a similar system to some other F2P games, where instead of having a single free character they have a rotation so people can get a taste and then pay to keep the ones they like.

maximoose wrote: »
    I'll download it and give it a proper go. Hadn't the slightest idea what I was doing at the tour yesterday and just mashed.

In about 10 minutes you'll be pulling of ridiculous looking combos.

I'd advise everyone just to go into the tutorial mode and see what you make of it. If you don't like it, no money wasted.

Unlike Ryse :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I presume the €20 KI version will be enough to play with mates offline? Not interested in alternate costumes and getting the original arcade game isn't much of a draw.

Varik wrote: »
    I'd say Killer Instinct would have been better off using a similar system to some other F2P games, where instead of having a single free character they have a rotation so people can get a taste and then pay to keep the ones they like.

It will have rotating free characters...Jago is first up.

I presume the €20 KI version will be enough to play with mates offline? Not interested in alternate costumes and getting the original arcade game isn't much of a draw.

Yep, you can even play mates on the free version (I think), albeit just Jago vs Jago matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I'd advise everyone just to go into the tutorial mode and see what you make of it. If you don't like it, no money wasted.
    That's what I plan on doing, I'm useless at fighting games so hopefully the tutorial will help with that and if I enjoy the game I'll buy the rest, if not it was free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I love how Polygon have reviewed Zoo Tycoon as being better than TLOU and has it on par with DR3 :pac:

Its the opinion of the reviewer in fairness if zoo tycoon does everything well then it deserves its score. it doesnt need to have an epic story to be highly rated

i know people that would rather spend their time playing zoo tycoon than TLOU and personally if given the choice between a skyrim/fallout sequel or a new theme hospital id probably pick theme hospital :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I still like playing street fighter on the snes, just something I like about the snes controller. How was it using the XBO controller ? Sometimes think that these games might be better with the fighting stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm still hoping Ryse will offer something. Will likely get it over christmas or birthday as a present, unless the reviews are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I used to love fighting games and driving games when I was younger. My brother, a group of friends and I would play them games a lot and had a lot of fun doing so. Now, though I'd only really be playing against people online. I wouldn't have the motivation to get better that I would have had years ago. I thought Killer Instinct was great, and I'll download it when I get the One on account of it being free, but there is no way it'll have the same appeal as it did on the SNES.

I'm looking out for more info on D4. How many episodes will it be out in, when will the first episode be out, what price point are the eps going to be at, and how good is the game. I'd be inclined to get the One when the whole lot is done if the game is good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Sorry everyone just on this thread now as just got informed I would be getting an xbox one for Christmas from work, probably has been discussed already but will a sky hd box work on day one with the xbox one using the passthough hdmi port??

Sorry everyone just on this thread now as just got informed I would be getting an xbox one for Christmas from work, probably has been discussed already but will a sky hd box work on day one with the xbox one using the passthough hdmi port??

You'll be able to plug it in and watch TV through it, yes. Higher functions won't work, such as the Media Guide, and various Kinect voice controls, such as "Xbox, go to Sky Sports One".

However, "Xbox, go to TV" will work.

NTMK wrote: »
    Its the opinion of the reviewer in fairness if zoo tycoon does everything well then it deserves its score. it doesnt need to have an epic story to be highly rated

i know people that would rather spend their time playing zoo tycoon than TLOU and personally if given the choice between a skyrim/fallout sequel or a new theme hospital id probably pick theme hospital :pac:

Give me Rollercoaster Tycoon any day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Where do you work? Might throw my CV in. That's a nice Xmas present!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

CatInABox wrote: »
    You'll be able to plug it in and watch TV through it, yes. Higher functions won't work, such as the Media Guide, and various Kinect voice controls, such as "Xbox, go to Sky Sports One".

However, "Xbox, go to TV" will work.

so really without the tv guide this wont be usable at launch

so really without the tv guide this wont be usable at launch

You need a to have a HDMI enabled set-top-box to watch any live TV with Sky, if you have just a aerial it will not work.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/08/xbox-one-tv-and-dashboard-what-works-and-what-doesnt-4178669/

The Sky Go app has been delayed till at least next summer as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

All Saorview set top boxes are HDMI enabled. IF you don't have Sky or UPC then you can still use the HDMI passthrough for the Saorview.

• Advertisement

All Saorview set top boxes are HDMI enabled. IF you don't have Sky or UPC then you can still use the HDMI passthrough for the Saorview.

Nothing like watching the Angelus and killing some zombies at the same time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement