Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Xenji wrote: »
    You need a to have a HDMI enabled set-top-box to watch any live TV with Sky, if you have just a aerial it will not work.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/08/xbox-one-tv-and-dashboard-what-works-and-what-doesnt-4178669/

The Sky Go app has been delayed till at least next summer as well.

Oh I suppose you will still be able to see Sky's tv guide

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Oh I suppose you will still be able to see Sky's tv guide

Yup. It will be useful when you want to watch sky without having to change the input on your tv. Other than that, only basic functions will work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Killer instinct isn't really free if all you get is 1 player to chose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,095 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just caved and prebooked a xone today. I was going to try wait until titanfall was released but just couldn't wait that long :) was expecting to be told it'd be after Christmas when I got it now but surprisingly I've been told I can collect on the 6th of December :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

I'd never buy a game with a rating below 75

Killer instinct (averaging 7 to 8) and Dead Rising 3 (averaging 7 to 8 too) both look like solid purchases to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

That's stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

75 on something like metacritic? 75 on a site you trust? I've played games that have been in the 60-70 region (on eurogamer) and had a hell of a lot of fun with 'em. It'll make me not want to buy on release, but if it is something I think I'll have fun with and see at a good price I'll get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I just caved and prebooked a xone today. I was going to try wait until titanfall was released but just couldn't wait that long :) was expecting to be told it'd be after Christmas when I got it now but surprisingly I've been told I can collect on the 6th of December :D
    Mind me asking where?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I'm only getting BF4 and Fifa14. No interest in any of the other games being released on the next gens this side of xmas.

Next year it will be Elder Scrolls Online and Tom Clancy's The Division, Titanfall, and Fifa15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

That's stupid.

Not really, i have other real life commitments, so i don't like wasting money on badly rated games.

All the games i have bought i have enjoyed immensely. The 75 rating and up has served me well personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I'm only getting BF4 and Fifa14. No interest in any of the other games being released on the next gens this side of xmas.

Next year it will be Elder Scrolls Online and Tom Clancy's The Division, Titanfall, and Fifa15.
    Isn't Elder Scrolls Online going to need a monthly subscription? I really hate games that do that, there is no way in hell would I pay for a game, what will probably be €60+ in this case, that then required me to pay to play it, if they want to charge a monthly fee they should make the game free.

Probably going to get BF4 myself if I get enough from a few 360 I have to trade in, 64 player online matches should be a lot of fun.

I suppose you'd just have to be a fan of the genre to pay for the game and sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'll be paying for an Elderscrolls subscription as soon as I'm sure the game has settled down and isn't broken. If it works, it's going to be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Not really, i have other real life commitments, so i don't like wasting money on badly rated games.

All the games i have bought i have enjoyed immensely. The 75 rating and up has served me well personally.

No, it REALLY IS a stupid.

I don't think anybody will try and steal your day 1 edition, boxes look huge

1451425_10153485379560261_871259432_n.jpg

Amazon warehouse

You're obviously not jumping from great heights in Dublin CC. Some of the scumbags you see there would chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Any Good Kind of free roaming games coming out?

that DONT involve Zombies/Aliens OR paraNormal Nonsense

no intrest in COD

Getting Forza, Fifa And Either Battlefield or another sports title

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

RasTa wrote: »
    I don't think anybody will try and steal your day 1 edition, boxes look huge

1451425_10153485379560261_871259432_n.jpg

Amazon warehouse

Will it fit in a Parcel Motel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

no, collect from nightline, i got a printer recently and its the same size

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

D_turbo wrote: »
    Any Good Kind of free roaming games coming out?

that DONT involve Zombies/Aliens OR paraNormal Nonsense

no intrest in COD

Getting Forza, Fifa And Either Battlefield or another sports title

Assassins Creed would be the only one on launch.

• Advertisement

Will it fit in a Parcel Motel?

Email and ask them for the dimensions

Assassins Creed would be the only one on launch.

Was Thinking that, Not an assaians creed fan at all

Ill just stick to BF4 or Maybe NHL so

D_turbo wrote: »
    Was Thinking that, Not an assaians creed fan at all

Ill just stick to BF4 or Maybe NHL so

There's no NHL game at launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

no, collect from nightline, i got a printer recently and its the same size

How much did it cost?

There's no NHL game at launch?

Ahh Bollix :( i was just hoping there was,

Forza and fifa and Maybe BF so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

I am amazed Lococycle got 7 out of ten in some ratings. Shouldn't have been above 5.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yeah, 4-5 seems appropriate, looks like it could be a laugh for a little while but not a game you could love.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah, 4-5 seems appropriate, looks like it could be a laugh for a little while but not a game you could love.

Looks like an iPhone/iPad game to be honest.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

CombatCow wrote: »
    Looks like an iPhone/iPad game to be honest.

that too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Does anyone know if Xtra vision are renting next gen games from launch?, the prices of next gen games are ridiculous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement