Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Does the xbox one have a power brick? or is that completely gone now?

Not only is it there... it is MASSIVE

xbox%20one%20power%20supply.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Xbox One version of SmartGlass is now available for Windows Phone 8
    http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=a1a67817-26e6-482a-b673-e3e906d27a4e&signin=true

Nice UI and seems like it will allow users do more tasks (like setting pins, viewing challenges and achievement progress, etc.) that you can't do with the 360 version.

I presume it'll be on iOS and Android before Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I never minded the power brick on the 360, except when I was bringing it somewhere. Or that time I tripped over it. Now it's tucked away. Handy for a footwarmer in this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

D_turbo wrote: »
    Ahh Bollix :( i was just hoping there was,

Forza and fifa and Maybe BF so :P

If looking for a good sports game, should check out NBA 2K14 or maybe even Madden NFL 25.

NBA 2K14 has been getting great reviews and graphically looks very good with great animations etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Power brick doesn't look any bigger than the 360 brick, it looks a little prettier too :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

maximoose wrote: »
    Power brick doesn't look any bigger than the 360 brick, it looks a little prettier too :pac:

I wouldn't say it looks pretty, but it does look roughly the same size as the 360 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pretty no, but prettier. 360 one is fugly, looks like a vacuum cleaner tube.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

maximoose wrote: »

It's a little bit bigger, but not much at all, millimetres in the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

From Engadget
    ...... While this feature won't be available right away, we'll let you know as soon as it is ready," the note continues. "Our goal is to deliver it during the first part of 2014.......

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Super disappointing.
    Twitch streaming, with the Kinect, was one of the big things that had me hankering to attempt get a One this weekend.

It has been so cool to watch some of my US friends playing Killzone and Knack so easily, and have them have the chat onscreen and their face etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Expected really, nothing has been said about it since E3.

Im also expecting that "every console is a dev kit" to be prelaunch BS that never comes to fruition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

brav wrote: »
    If looking for a good sports game, should check out NBA 2K14 or maybe even Madden NFL 25.

NBA 2K14 has been getting great reviews and graphically looks very good with great animations etc.

The game looks absolutely insane.

I've been a big fan of NBA2K since 2K11, and it can seem really daunting to a new player, but if you take the time to learn how it works it rewards you with an incredible basketball experience.

The My Player mode where you control only your created pro, is utterly brilliant, and this year they have introduced story mode like cut-scenes, and although they are cheesy as hell, they look absolutely amazing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Right into the Danger Zone!

He talks Top Gun in an interview with The PA Report*. He also mentions that Family sharing ma come back at some point, in some form.

*Yes, there's not much Top Gun talk in the article, and yes, I am using this as a crude way to plug Archer

See here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's a little bit bigger, but not much at all, millimetres in the difference.

Thats what she said.

Badum tish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Surprised at this annoucement
    The Xbox One is DLNA compatible and will play CDs on launch day. However, like the PlayStation 4, users will not be able to store or play MP3s on the system at launch

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-can-t-play-music-from-usb-sticks-at-launch/1100-6416257/

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The game looks absolutely insane.

I've been a big fan of NBA2K since 2K11, and it can seem really daunting to a new player, but if you take the time to learn how it works it rewards you with an incredible basketball experience.

The My Player mode where you control only your created pro, is utterly brilliant, and this year they have introduced story mode like cut-scenes, and although they are cheesy as hell, they look absolutely amazing.

Are you sure you dont want NBA Live instead :P - http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/11/19/nba-live-14-review

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I love when something that love and true craft has gone into suceeds. 2k14 looks like a labour of love to Basketball.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

brav wrote: »

Looks Very good, but never Clicked with NBA Game.
    Court is over crowded or something for my liking haha

Might try madden

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Disaster, think I fractured my thumb training tonight!! Launch weekend ruined :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

dricko_lim wrote: »
    Disaster, think I fractured my thumb training tonight!! Launch weekend ruined :(

Kinect sports rivals for you my man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Kinect sports rivals for you my man!

I know, absolutely gutted tho! Praying its a sprain lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

dricko_lim wrote: »
    I know, absolutely gutted tho! Praying its a sprain lol

If that works let me know. I'll start praying I win the lottery ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

Voice Control is region locked for some reason.
    So Ireland won't have a few voice commands at launch, most notably "Xbox On".

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=719159

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

How is the region determined on the ONE, could someone just set their console to US without affecting anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

HI YOU!!!

Varik wrote: »
    How is the region determined on the ONE, could someone just set their console to US without affecting anything else.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but even if you did that you'd have the US market place which would make it a lot harder to buy stuff.
    Lamposts wrote: »
    HI YOU!!!

Hello? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Varik wrote: »

Well he said its set by the marketplace, so whatever country your xbox account was set up in I guess, seems like a pointless limitation.

I dont know why it would be region locked over here.

If you go to 50 seconds into this video, the chap picks English as his language and 6 countries come up including Ireland.

Strange decision if it is region locked here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So, are there any aspects of the XBOX One, apart from playing games, that it will perform on launch over here?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement