Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Fieldog wrote: »
    No, just the consoles system language...

Actually it may even be US you have to put it to for it to work, UK might still not be working right....

No
    There isn't much to overthink.
    http://i.imgur.com/mlBxBmq.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Very good hands on video

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Xenji wrote: »
    Yep at 2 pm today, will throw them up as I see them.

Great, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

No

On the one I've been using the last month, you just change the language in the initial setup to English US and it does work with a signed in Irish GT...

That may change when it hits retail but what I saw that's how we got Kinect working...

On the one I've been using the last month, you just change the language in the initial setup to English US and it does work with a signed in Irish GT...

That may change when it hits retail but what I saw that's how we got Kinect working...

According to posters Neogaf it is tied to your marketplace, so it does not look like there is away around it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

According to posters Neogaf it is tied to your marketplace, so it does not look like there is away around it.
    We'll find a way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

calex71 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear if there was going to be a chat pad for the new controller? I know you can use a usb keyboard but thats hardly the same really.
    Dont know but the new Xbox One Smartglass app is out on ios, android and windows. It's lighting fast so I can see myself using this app on my phone and tablet for messages rather than a clunky chat pad on the controller.

On the beta machines we use there is, but that function could well change, it hadn't as of last week afaik...

You also have to DL a media update to play BR movies, it does not do it out of the box, its only bout 20mb though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

On the beta machines we use there is, but that function could well change, it hadn't as of last week afaik...

You also have to DL a media update to play BR movies, it does not do it out of the box, its only bout 20mb though...

You have a go on fifa 14 on it? Is it much improved on the 360 version?

irishchris wrote: »
    You have a go on fifa 14 on it? Is it much improved on the 360 version?

Nah,

Ain't tried Fifa as of yet...

There is a good PS3/PS4 comparison on YT have a look, should be similar to 360/One version....

Just Forza and KI I had a go of really, Ryse, some kid game and DR3 came in the other day, didn't get a go of any of them ...(yet)

Oddly enough when you open the game case, the disc holder part is on the left side instead of the "normal" right side, and they are skinny cases, skinnier than a br movie box, we had been using downloaded titles up til the other day....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I played a few games of Fifa 14 on the Xbox One and graphically it was a massive improvement on Fifa 13 on the 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

forza5 is nice...very nice; coming from f3 (didnt get f4/horizon) it's impressive and drives very well.

pros will want to up the levels and with assists off, the brz was a bit of a handful for me!

controller is very very nice; ff thru the triggers is very good in forza.

ryse, very smooth to play but might get boring

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Did I read somewhere that I can pick one up in Tesco on launch day ?
    or is that just in the UK / Rumor ?

Anybody hear this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's true - but they have limited numbers and you won't be the only one looking. Approx 15 consoles going to each of the Tesco Extra stores.

Early queuing necessary I'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is the Ryse review out today or tomorrow? I'm worried it's going to be terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,862 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Is the Ryse review out today or tomorrow? I'm worried it's going to be terrible.

Tomorrow.

It has been flagged for ages that it is probably going to be a poor game. If it gets 6 or over I'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Not hard to see the reasons for the embargoes. Mediocre games long-pre-ordered reviewed with shít scores arguably too late to change your pre-order.

They are already in the wild

IJM807q.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Not hard to see the reasons for the embargoes. Mediocre games long-pre-ordered reviewed with shít scores arguably too late to change your pre-order.

Well, that's interesting. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Good stuff. 8.6 and 8.8.

Quite a few of the reviews are citing a lack of content in the game, with tracks like Maple Valley being dropped and Suzuka and Nurburgring being cut down in size, otherwise it all seems to be positive.

edit - Micro Transactions are irking some reviewers

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Nah,

Ain't tried Fifa as of yet...

There is a good PS3/PS4 comparison on YT have a look, should be similar to 360/One version....

Just Forza and KI I had a go of really, Ryse, some kid game and DR3 came in the other day, didn't get a go of any of them ...(yet)

Oddly enough when you open the game case, the disc holder part is on the left side instead of the "normal" right side, and they are skinny cases, skinnier than a br movie box, we had been using downloaded titles up til the other day....
    Is there any difference between playing a downloaded game and one installed from disc?
    Like are the startup times the same, can you do all the snap stuff as fast or does it keep spinning up the disc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Polygon has xbox one review and in it they said Ryse looks good but it's boring - gives you some idea :)

EGM is after giving Forza a 6.5/10 http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/egm-review-forza-motorsport-5/# their comments section should be interesting later.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Quite a few of the reviews are citing a lack of content in the game, with tracks like Maple Valley being dropped and Suzuka and Nurburgring being cut down in size, otherwise it all seems to be positive.

edit - Micro Transactions are irking some reviewers

There seems to be a fair oul whack of 'content held back for DLC' off of it.

Yeah it seems that way.

This is taken from Eurogamer
    All that's left is the grind, and it's not a particularly pleasant one. Unlike previous outings, cars don't unlock upon levelling up. Everything must be bought in Forza Motorsport 5, and all transactions take place in a slightly misshapen economy. A series will, on average, net the player in excess of 110,000 credits for just under an hour's effort - but with some of the premium racecars costing well over a million, it's a somewhat brutal grind. Good job, then, that there are tokens purchasable on the Xbox One's marketplace for you to attain the car you're after, or to temporarily boost the rate at which you gain XP.

When you've already paid £429.99 for a new console, £44.99 for the game and maybe even £349.99 for the only steering wheel that the game supports at launch, such tricks appear a little unsavoury, and in Forza 5, mechanics greedily smuggled from free-to-play games trample over the elegant RPG elements the series once embraced so effectively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I think I read somewhere (in an early preview, or something about the season pass) that a lot of cars are locked, game has microtransactions.
    I could be completely wrong tho.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement