Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere (in an early preview, or something about the season pass) that a lot of cars are locked, game has microtransactions.
    I could be completely wrong tho.

Look above your post :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Seems a bit grueling alright

Just got me thinking.. I really hope there's a PGR5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

maximoose wrote: »

PGR is dead Bizarre studios were bought by activision and closed after Blur

Oh.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Xenji wrote: »
    Look above your post :P

Was typing my reply, when you posted. Thread moves fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

maximoose wrote: »

As previous posts said PGR5 seems dead for a while, previous rumours about the brand coming back were mistaken for Forza Horizon, so looks like next one would be Forza Horizon 2 rather than PGR.

Interview with Phil Spencer here and I'm pretty sure he mentioned no PGR but in the future you never know
    http://feeds.ign.com/~r/ignfeeds/podcasts/xbox360/~3/A_-Oa4wDxEM/podcast-unlocked-episode-119-phil-spencer-interview

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Xenji wrote: »
    Yeah it seems that way.

This is taken from Eurogamer

I know it might look like pure Micro transaction whoring, but in a way, I love such change.

For me, "The hard work to actually get a new car" is part of racing sims. I really hated how in later GT and Forza games, you would get a very expensive and powerful cars for just by winning some low level racing event... I want to earn GTR, not just get it as an a Toy in my Mc Happymeal... :pac:

All these Forza Reviews make me want to start saving for Xbox one. *sigh* :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I know it might look like pure Micro transaction whoring, but in a way, I love such change.

For me, "The hard work to actually get a new car" is part of racing sims. I really hated how in later GT and Forza games, you would get a very expensive and powerful cars for just by winning some low level racing event... I want to earn GTR, not just get it as an a Toy in my Mc Happymeal... :pac:

All these Forza Reviews make me want to start saving for Xbox one. *sigh* :(

I agree with you, I remember back in GT3 grinding the Seattle circuit to save up for a Zonda.

really good review even by people who are not really Petrolheads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

brav wrote: »
    As previous posts said PGR5 seems dead for a while, previous rumours about the brand coming back were mistaken for Forza Horizon, so looks like next one would be Forza Horizon 2 rather than PGR.

Interview with Phil Spencer here and I'm pretty sure he mentioned no PGR but in the future you never know
    http://feeds.ign.com/~r/ignfeeds/podcasts/xbox360/~3/A_-Oa4wDxEM/podcast-unlocked-episode-119-phil-spencer-interview

Im fairly sure they wont bring it back as they've turned forza into a yearly franchise and Bizarre which had a lot of great racing game devs from Psygnosis (Wipeout/F1) and most have left.

Lucid were formed from whats left but unless Horizons tanks we wont see PGR5

• Advertisement

Well, the reviews of Forza made it happen... Tomorrow I will put 20eu in to "xbox one fund" to start it off. Forza is worth alone to get Xbox one too.

Looks like I will be getting xbox one sooner then planned. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Forza reviews in terms of having to buy upgrades has put me off.

I really want a Wi-u now tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

RasTa wrote: »

Car upgrades?

You always has to buy upgrades :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

kaimera wrote: »
    Car upgrades?

You always has to buy upgrades :)

Yeah in game and not actual cash, also a day one DLC is just $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

For the price were paying this level of micro transaction BS can **** right off. It's my big fear that both Sony and MS will absolutely do the dog on it with this generation. Un-skippable Clarkson and co. segments further kill any enthusiasm I'd have had for this.

Shame, as Forza 4 was the first racing game I've enjoyed since Geoff Crammond's GP4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Forza 5 does have a thing where even when you are not playing, you can set a thing to play races for you to get credits. They probably shouldn't have included that, in fairness as with it included they had to try balance it some other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Forza 5 does have a thing where even when you are not playing, you can set a thing to play races for you to get credits. They probably shouldn't have included that, in fairness as with it included they had to try balance it some other way.

Is that similar to Forza 2 where you could hire an ingame driver to race for you? With that you had to leave the console on while it raced real time and got a lot less for winning so wasn't worth it, if it's the same I wouldn't have a problem with it.

On them complaining about it being to much work to earn credits for the best cars, that was one of the reasons I love 2 and preferred it to the newer ones which I felt were way too easy and got bored with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,214 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Beware the wii u...

While nintendo games like mario and zelda are being made, third party support is terrible... I can see the wii u becoming this generations dreamcast... and at 300 euro its an expendive console for nintendo only games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

There seems to be a fair oul whack of 'content held back for DLC' off of it.

Thats what I have read too. Only 200 cars at launch with more to come with DLC. Looks like a good game though, and defo one to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

From www.electronicfirst.com just now:

Xbox one release is just two days away. Get Xbox one Digital game downloads and Xbox Gift cards from EF today! They're always cheap so looking good for going digital!! no prices up yet though

• Advertisement

Games are listed there at £53.99 , and "UK Only, offer not valid for US or European customers "

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

dricko_lim wrote: »
    From www.electronicfirst.com just now:

Xbox one release is just two days away. Get Xbox one Digital game downloads and Xbox Gift cards from EF today! They're always cheap so looking good for going digital!! no prices up yet though

£54 is about €65 so prob same price as buying on the console

brav wrote: »
    £54 is about €65 so prob same price as buying on the console

Well looking at the Games on Demand prices on the 360, which are up as high as 69.99 for new releases. I doubt the titles on the ONE will be any lower than that unfortunately.

My order was shipped from Gamestop.

IF it did arrive tomorrow when would you say the update will be ready to download? Midnight tomorrow night for people getting it at midnight launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Okay guys, I have been onto Xbox support about Kinect voice commands and guess what.....

zmr5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Guys, Forza have always been that way though, it's nothing really new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I could never get my head around the pricing of digital games. There's no incentive for customers to go digital with the prices on offer. €69.99 is ridiculous compared to say €45 from Amazon when they also have to ship a physical copy of the game leaving the customer with a hard copy that they can trade or sell when finished.

How can they justify the prices when they don't need to package anything or post anything. It surely must cost next to nothing to make a game available to download.

It will only ever really take off when the digital prices drop.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

My order was shipped from Gamestop.

IF it did arrive tomorrow when would you say the update will be ready to download? Midnight tomorrow night for people getting it at midnight launch?

Presumeably any review units also had to download the update to be able to review the features as per release so I'd say you're safe enough.

Having cancelled my pre-order the time is upon us when I will hold nothing but bitter contempt toward every single one of you who are getting it at launch.

I hate you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭DK224

• Advertisement

DK224 wrote: »

4 Stars, I think MS will let this one slide. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement