Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

You do know we're Irish right? Bottom of the food chain. As if we'd get the luxury of youtube on day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

I don't know if I have ever used youtube on my 360 or I would on the One but I would like to have the option. First voice commands not working and now this. What's next the games?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I use it on the PS3 sometimes to watch old films, although it has to be said, Youtube has become slow and awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

RE Youtube, from that announcement
    Finally, we’re happy to announce that YouTube will be coming to Xbox One on Nov. 22. It will be available in all launch markets where Xbox One and YouTube are available, except for Austria, Ireland, and New Zealand, but they’ll be available in the coming days.

Maybe we shouldn't get our knickers in a twist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Nolimits wrote: »
    RE Youtube, from that announcement

Maybe we shouldn't get our knickers in a twist
    That's true, but even without thinking about that... Who buys a console for YouTube?

• Advertisement

I dunno. Youtube will be dead handy on the Xbox.

"How the f..do I kill this boss?... Xbox open Youtube" I don't think anyone would be put out by waiting a few days for it, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Grayditch wrote: »

"How the f..do I kill this boss?... Xbox open Youtube" I don't think anyone would be put out by waiting a few days for it, though.

That's what my laptop is for.

That's what my laptop is for.

I think I'd prefer it on the T.V if it's easy enough.

Xbox Staff Joypads.

GQV9CnC.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Am I right in saying I won't be able to put video files on a USB stick, plug it in and play the videos on the X1?

Been using my 360 for that a lot recently. If that's been removed from the X1, my 360 is going to be staying put where it is...

• Advertisement

I think I'd prefer it on the T.V if it's easy enough.

I've a HDMI cable plugged in for movies etc.

Already steps ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Just walked through Leicester square where they're building a massive Xbox stage.

That guy who had his Xbox banned is unbanned.

http://kotaku.com/the-guy-who-got-his-xbox-one-early-is-unbanned-1468491262

Why I post isn't merely because of that, but something else included in the article.
    But when he checked it this afternoon on the off chance things had been smoothed out, he was greeted by a notice he'd connected to Xbox Live and his console was downloading a 1.25 GB update.
    Am I alone in thinking, ouch?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Pushtrak wrote: »
    That guy who had his Xbox banned is unbanned.

http://kotaku.com/the-guy-who-got-his-xbox-one-early-is-unbanned-1468491262

Why I post isn't merely because of that, but something else included in the article.

Am I alone in thinking, ouch?

its not really that big

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

dunworth1 wrote: »
    its not really that big

Add it to the 31GB for Forza and us poor feckers on DSL should be able to play it some time next week. I can hear the eircom lines creaking as we speak.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    its not really that big

It's big enough especially with those on DSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Add it to the 31GB for Forza and us poor feckers on DSL should be able to play it some time next week. I can hear the eircom lines creaking as we speak.

I'm on 3mb DSL atm and 1.25 really doesn't take that long to download, 30 mins to an hour depending on where you're downloading it from. The 31GB for Forza is done while you play the game. Probably best to get it on disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

I don't think it's been posted, but a pretty big review of the xbox here from theverge.com

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/20/5117320/microsoft-xbox-one-review

It's free on digital for day one buyers, day 2 guys get the disc but have to pay for it. The one will be gone up in price by 40/50 euro on Monday

IGN have up a long Ryse walk through up, I didn't watch it all as I didn't want to spoil the game, sounds like they all really enjoyed it, the graphics are really next gen, the ps4 is fair game etc. I'm expecting good reviews now. There up at 3 pacific when ever that is..
    8.5/9 out of 10 maybe?

• Advertisement

IGN have up a long Ryse walk through up, I didn't watch it all as I didn't want to spoil the game, sounds like they all really enjoyed it, the graphics are really next gen, the ps4 is fair game etc. I'm expecting good reviews now. There up at 3 pacific when ever that is..
    8.5/9 out of 10 maybe?

If you like button mashing games you'll enjoy Ryse. That's what i've been hearing.

If you like button mashing games you'll enjoy Ryse. That's what i've been hearing.

Gears is my favourite. I've a feeling I'm going to enjoy dismembering a few folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

You can still view YouTube in the internet explorer browser until they release the YouTube app very shortly. Also we have the Twitch app for finding "How to videos"

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

How to update the Xbox One without an internet connection on day one. Could be handy in case servers get over crowded.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/66248/theres-a-way-to-update-an-offline-xbox-one-heres-how

Am I right in saying I won't be able to put video files on a USB stick, plug it in and play the videos on the X1?

Been using my 360 for that a lot recently. If that's been removed from the X1, my 360 is going to be staying put where it is...
    Just at launch, but it is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

8.5/9 out of 10 maybe?

I would be surprised if it got over 7 from anybody, most sites have called it a glorified tech demo, even polygon do not like it, can be beaten in one sitting as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Xenji wrote: »
    I would be surprised if it got over 7 from anybody, most sites have called it a glorified tech demo, even polygon do not like it, can be beaten in one sitting as well.

alot of people are liking the multiplayer for it
    even though I hate transactions myself it looks pretty cool :D first game I will play easily

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    alot of people are liking the multiplayer for it
    even though I hate transactions myself it looks pretty cool :D first game I will play easily

Will be interesting to see the reviews for it tomorrow when they come out at 14.00, although I think they are out a few hours earlier this time, Polygon are calling it beautiful and boring.

• Advertisement

Pacific Time would be the West Coast, which'd be 8 hours behind. So, going by the time of 3 that was mentioned earlier, it'd be 11.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement